Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study focuses on the Origin and Development of Ethnic Militia in the Wukari Area
1945-2005.The main objective of the study is to analyze and discuss the major factors that
encouraged the emergence of ethnic militia in the area of study. The study shows that
manipulation of group‟s diversity by the imperialists and the post-colonial leaders as a result of
their economic and political gains created fertile ground for ethnic conflicts, thus concomitantly
the emergence of ethnic militia in the Wukari area in particular. There is no doubt that, the
activities of the Jukun-Tiv ethnic militia pose a threat to the development and political stability
of Wukari area and the country as a whole. There is need to improve on the conscious effort
towards ethnic integration as a pre-requisite for socio-economic and political development not
only in Wukari area but in Nigeria at large.
The first chapter of the study features the statement of the problem, aim and objectives of
the study, methodology employed in the course of the research and, scope and delimitation of the
study. It also presents the theoretical framework as well as reviews related literature. The second
chapter exposes the historical background of the study area on the eve of colonial domination.
Thus, the geographical location and the relief features of the area are examined. Also, the
peopling and the settlement pattern together with the economic activities are equally discussed.
The third chapter relates and examines the British colonial conquest, domination and
policies in the study area. Moreover, it attempts to link the British colonial policies in the study
area with the gradual ethnic division and suspicion among the ethnic groups. This resulted into
an overt conflict between the Jukun and the Tiv ethnic groups. The fourth chapter examines the
evolution and growth of the ethnic militia in Nigeria and Wukari area in particular. It also
analyses the structure of the militia and their roles in the Jukun-Tiv crises of 1990-92 and 2001-
The fifth chapter contains the implications of Jukun- Tiv crises on the socio-economic
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE AMONG IBIAKU CLAN IN MKPAT ENIN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE 1900-2000.» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Marriage is an important institution worldwide particularly in Africa. For its importance, ma...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION It is generally acclaimed that western education was introduced in Nigeria by European Christian missionaries. This, by impli...Continue Reading »
3. The role of women in rural development A Case Study Of Abriba Local Government Area of Abia State in Nigeria» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of Study The most comprehensive perception of development is one that conceives a multi dimensional process in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 INTRODUCTION Historically, education has been recognized as a basic human rights since the 1948 adoption of th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Among the core fundamental human rights allotted to every Nigerian citizen is the fundamental ri...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Death is a natural phenomenon that binds the peoples of the world together. It is a leveler as it...Continue Reading »
7. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ELECTION PROCESS IN THREE WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES: NIGERIA, GHANA AND LIBERIA» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionAll over the world, democracy have been embraced, while principles have assumed as the main pillar in s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Information is a commodity that everyone requires for survival just like air and water. Organiza...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION Background to Study This work centers on the cultural activities of women in the Otukpo clan in Idoma land in the 20t...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Lists of tables viii Abstracts ix ...Continue Reading »