Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 56 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
THE IMPACT OF GUIDANCE SERVICE ON THE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS:
A CASE STUDY OF OKITIPUPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE
The purpose of this study was to find the impact of guidance services on secondary school students; a case study of Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State. The research study was also aimed at ascertaining whether the career guidance services are not adequate in the selected secondary schools. In carrying out the study, a questionnaire designed by the researcher was used to collect information from one hundred (100) respondents comprising of students on the selected schools. The data collected from the students were analyzed and interpreted.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Background to the study
Statement of the study
Purpose of the study
Significance of the study
Scope of the study
Definition of terms
Review of related literature
Population of the study
Sample of the study
Procedure for data collection
Method of data analysis
Data analysis, interpretation and discussion of results
Summary, Conclusion and Recommendation
Suggestion for further studies
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The innovative aspect of the new secondary educational programme is the importance attained to guidance services. Every day, every one of us encounters life situations, which call for thought, opinion making, decision making and action. Some of our experiences are familiar, some novel, some are casual, some of extreme importance. Everything we do, every decision we make and course of action we take is based on our held belief, attitude and values. Students do ponder over what and how to thin, believe and behave so often what goes on in the classroom is irrelevant and remove from the red things that are going on students lives, there daily encounter with friends with strangers, with peers, with authority figures, the social and academic tasks that display their egos. The main objectives of guidance, and counselling at this level of educations is to make available psychological process of helping an individuals to achieve self-realization, self-decision, understanding and mental balance necessary to make the maximum adjustment in the school. No doubt a judicious application of guidance and counselling will foster education decisions, which might lead to a better future career. The problem of the students are regards curriculum or choice is akin to the analogy where a client or (students) is regarded as a traveler heating for a predetermined destination. On getting to a cross road he becomes confused, but luckily he find a good Samaritan (helper) who shows him the way. According to him, the Samaritan has performed the task of guidance, if the helper goes further on the requests of the traveler, the helper enumerate the likely problems, hurdles or obstacles to be encountered in the road and possible solutions, he has done the job of a counsellor.
The student should be seen as a traveler at a cross road who needs the help of a guide. If he is fortunate, he finds solution to his problem, otherwise he gets confused and because frustrated the more. Although school guidance and counselling is an integral part of education obtained in the western world. It is still very new in Nigeria. It has not yet gained prominence because of many factors in Nigeria until recently. As there were changes in education and social systems brought about by urbanization and industrializations. Then many of our educational started to stress the need for guidance services as an integral part of our educational system. In Nigeria, students select their subject of choice in their senior secondary school years. In preparation for the senior secondary certificate examination. The choice of their subjects is solely handled by the students without adequate information about the world of Flanayan. If secondary education is to be relevant to the needs of the students it is essentially that the students be assisted in selecting curricular at an earlier time.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Some students choose subject hazardously and indiscriminately, simply because they feel they are good in themselves, without taking their desired professions into considerations, thus, at the end of their examination they have chosen the wrong choice of subject combinations. There are some also who do not know the requirement or the type of subject one could pass before being admitted for specific course such as medicine, pharmacy, law and others.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to find out the impact of guidance services in secondary school students. It is also to examine the position of guidance and counselling services in Nigeria education system especially the 6-3-3-4 system of education in order to suggest solutions to the problem based on the findings of the research.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Since students in secondary school are mainly adolescent, they are conscious of the fact that they are approaching adult status, yet they are unsure of themselves as a result of this, they need guidance services in order to facilitate the adolescents academic success, to help them in the better understanding of their strengths and limitations to identify reality goals.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The following research questions were raised in other to assist investigation.
1. Do you have guidance counsellor in your schools?
2. Did most of your school teachers have a guide habit to the students?
3. Do guidance counselling help to influence the students morally?
4. Do students disregard the guidance counsellor in your school?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
In the research of this study, the researcher intends to cover five selected senior secondary school students in a case study of Okitipupa Local Government Area of Ondo State with respondents made up of teenagers of senior secondary school age.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Impact: Here, impact is strong impression or effect, of guidance and counseling on students career choice.
Career: In this contest, career simply means the sequence of occupations, vocation, job and aspiration that one goes through, throughout ones working life.
Guidance: Guidance is derived from the word guide. It is the assistance rendered to an individual in making him or her understand himself and what is capable of doing.
Counselling: This is concerned with creating opportunity and suitable environment for the persona, social, education and vocational development. It deals with the effective side of the individual based attitudes about the value and worth of human being.
Value: value deals with the quality of being useful or important. It also belief about what is right or wrong and what is important for human in life.
Techniques: Techniques has to do with the act of improving a lot over a particular skill, especially one in which you have to learn special skills. Techniques help the students by developing morally and intellectually.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GUIDANCE COUNSELING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThe study attempted to investigate the influence of socio cultural variables on couples’ marital stability in Mainland Local Government Area...Continue Reading »
2. CURBING INCIDENCE OF DRUGS AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE AMONG THE ADOLESCENTS IN MBAIKYOR COUNCIL WARD OF KWANDE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Most of the unpleasant youths activities, which surfaces all countries in the world, are precipitated...Continue Reading »
» Abstract post retirement isaveryimportantstageinhumandevelopment.post retirement isinevitableinthelivesofworkers,whetherinprivateorpublicsector.Allwor...Continue Reading »
4. DETERMINANTS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AMONG MARRIAGE S IN OGUN STATE-A CASE STUDY OF ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to evaluate the determinants of domestic violence in marriages of Ogun State using Abeokuta South Local Government...Continue Reading »
5. TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP STYLE OF PRINCIPALS AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Nigeria as a nation is faced with the challenges of a developing nation which are; domestic and exter...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis study appraised the resources for the implementation of the Senior Basic Education programme in Enugu State. Six research questions and s...Continue Reading »
7. TEACHERS’ PERCEPTION OF SUPERVISORS’ ROLES IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN MINNA EDUCATION ZONE, NIGER STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Organizations are established essentially to achieve their stated objectives or targets. Such objecti...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF PRINCIPALS' LEADERSHIP STYLES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF FEDERAL UNITY COLLEGES IN NORTH-CENTRAL GEO-POLITICAL ZONE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education in Nigeria is an instrument for effecting National Development. The country‟s educati...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study According to the World Drug Report (2015), the use of illicit drugs has increased throughout the ...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING SERVICES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN GWAGWALADA AREA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The roles of guidance and counseling have increased overtime in most secondary schools in Nigeria...Continue Reading »