Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The research was undertaken to justify the effectiveness or otherwise of counseling services in sokoto metropolis, the research method used in this research is descriptive survey research method. The population of this research consists of students of secondary schools in Sokoto metropolis these schools consist of boarding, day and private schools. The samples of four (4) schools were selected within Sokoto metropolis and the sample of fifty (50) students were collected from each school to represent the population, the procedure used in this research was random sampling techniques. The instrument used for this research was questionnaire and the method used for analyzing data is simple percentage. Major finding of this research is that, most of the female students aspire for medical profession, we equally find out that the level of education of parents has considerably increased, this has influenced the students to aspire for higher education. We also find out that parents have no direct influence on the career choice of students. It was recommended that students shall be properly guided in making the right career choice by the authorities concerned and more female students shall be encouraged to aspire for medical profession especially in the northern Nigeria. We also recommend that school authorities shall organize various guidance and counseling activates in school resources persons shall be made to give lectures in various profession especially to final year students.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of content
List of Tables
List of appendices
Chapter One: Introduction
1.1 Background to the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Objective of the Study
1.4 Research Question
1.5 Scope and Delimitation
1.6 Significance of the Study
Chapter Two: Review of Related Literature
2.1 The need for Guidance and Counseling in Schools
2.2 The Principles of Guidance and Counseling in Schools
2.3 The Role of Guidance and Counseling Officers in Schools
2.4 Career Awareness
2.5 Concept of Career Development
2.6 Career Choice as perceived by Secondary School Students
2.7 Effect of Career choice on Secondary School Students
2.8 The need for Career Guidance in Schools
2.9 Summary and Uniqueness of the Chapter
Chapter Three: Research Methodology
3.1 Research Design
3.2 Population of the Study
3.3 Sample and Sampling Technique
3.5 Validity of the Instrument
3.6 Reliability of the Instrument
3.7 Administration of the Instrument
3.8 Method of Data Collection
Chapter Four: Presentation and analysis of Data
4.1 Presentation and analysis of data
4.2 Summary of Major Findings
4.3 Discussion of findings
Chapter Five: Summary, Conclusion and Recommendations
1.0 Background to the Study
According to Melvin (1975), secondary school education is the engine room of knowledge acquisition, a stage at which students come in contact with various subjects, which determine the field of study they will like to pursue in higher schools secondary school education is kind of level after the primary education and before higher education. Its position in educational system also speaks of its importance. Schwarzeller (1962) see school as that which provides an outside view of what needs to happen in order for change to occur and also an equal opportunity for developing capabilities and talents.
Education reforms Nigeria always have the secondary schools as main focus. In fact, it is viewed as powerful stage for knowledge, skill and experience acquisition as well as a wide range of career prospects for young boys and girls (Ezekwesili, 2006).
It is systems that is targeted towards strengthening secondary school education and provide students with more practical knowledge that can make them self-reliant after graduation. Kutara (1977) opines that, individual differences exist among people; this has an effect on who the individuals are and what they are capable of doing. What an individual does is sometimes variance with his ability, aptitude capability and interest. Individual differences in the rate of growth, intellect, school achievement sex usually set the pace where students look at themselves in career orientation. But such factors as home, the school, the mosque, church and the community for very vital factors in the students’ environment, thus, influencing their career choice or aspirations. Other factors like parental expectation, big salary, societal prestige, personal security, good rapport with friends, changes for advancement as well as the nature of the work itself have directly or indirectly lured most student who are about to leave school into making unrealistic career choice.
Career as used in the field of counseling has a broad and technical meaning. Technically, it refers to sequence of role or a position including works, leisure and educational pursuit that may encompass a number of occupations, vocations or jobs one engages in during his working life (Seligman, 1980). According to the international Encyclopedia Britannica (1978) career is job for which it is possible to advance during their working life, so that they may get greater responsibility and earn more money.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GUIDANCE COUNSELING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INFLUENCE OF EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, SCHOOL TYPE AND LOCATION ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF IN-SCHOOL ADOLESCENTS IN NSUKKA ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Adolescence is referred to as a stage between childhood and adulthood. It denotes the period from the...Continue Reading »
2. SOCIAL PROBLEMS ASSOCIATED WITH CAMPUS CULT ACTIVITIES IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN ANAMBRA STATE: IMPLICATIONS FOR COUNSELLING» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The emergence of cult activities in tertiary institutions in Africa can be traced back to the early 1...Continue Reading »
3. SUPERVISORY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED AND POSSESSED BY SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN NORTH CENTRAL STATES, NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Education is recognized as a potent instrument for social and economic development of individuals and...Continue Reading »
4. STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF CHALLENGES FACING ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION IN UNIVERSITIES, NORTH CENTRAL STATES OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study The standard of education and its functionality has been a major concern for educational administrato...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background to the Study Maternal health services (MHS) are major health concern globally. This is because they support and de...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This survey research conducted to find out the effect of broken homes on primary school pupils academic achievement in Jere Local Government ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The issue of feminism springs up from women’s consciousness of their situation in the socie...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING SERVICES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE.» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at identifying the role of guidance and counselling services in secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo S...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Marriage is a relationship legally approved between adults of the opposite sex of different backgroun...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Abstract The purpose of this survey research work study was to investigate the effects of single parenting Bayesla focusing on the attitud...Continue Reading »