Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Discourse to the discourse analysts means actual instances of communicative action in the medium of language.
According to Blommert (2005:2) as cited in Johnstone (2008:2) discourse is the meaningful symbolic behavior in any mode. Discourse is not totally focused on language as an abstract system. Instead discourse is interested in what happens when people apply the knowledge they have got from language that is based on their memories of things they have seen or heard.
Discourse is also a conversation that is formal in nature. It can be in a written form or a spoken form of expression. Discourse analysis deals with spoken language, which occurs naturally and this can be found in interviews, conversations, speeches and commentaries. It also deals with the structure of written language which can be found in essays, chapters, road sings and notices.
Discourse is also seen as a linguistic communication and a transaction between a speaker and a hearer involved in an interpersonal activity in which its form is determined by its social purpose.
However, discourse analysis as a relation to a more traditional form of linguistics which is focused on the constituent units and structure of the sentence and which does not concern itself with an analysis of language use. Discourse analysis in contrast to formal linguistics, is concerned with translating the notion of structure, from the level of the sentences i e grammatical relations such as subject –verb – object, to the level of longer text.
Conversation generally involves an exchange between two or more people in which each participant may produce more than one utterance and each contribution builds upon previous contributions either directly or in directly.
Discourse analysis focuses on the analytical process in a relatively explicit way. What differentiates discourse analysis from other sorts of study that bear on human language and communication is not found in the way they try to answer them. That is, they analyse discourse by examining aspects of the structure and functions of language in use.
Longer stretches of discourse can be divided into parts using various criteria and then particular characteristics of each part can be looked in to by the discourse analyst.
Division in discourse analysis can be made according to who is talking, for example where the paragraph boundaries are, when a new topic arise, or where the subject ends and the predicate begins.
Olu Obafemi’s Naira has no Gender being a dramatic piece of work will be subjected to adequate discourse analysis which is the focus of this research work.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main purpose of this research is to give a clear picture of how discourse analysis can be used in the interpretation of text and how speeches are formed in a conversation in conformity to the context of the interaction.
The study of discourse analysis cannot be over emphasized as different scholars have gone a long way to bring out the importance of this study. Cutting in her book Pragmatics and Discourse (2002) has used structural, cultural, interpersonal background contexts and intertextuality to analyse a conversation among university students from different backgrounds.
Johnstone in her book. Discourse Analysis (2008) has worked on how discourse is shaped by various kinds of structural conventions and how structural conventions are influenced by what speakers use discourse for. She also worked on how grammar and discourse intersect.
In this research Naira has no Gender will be subjected to adequate discourse analysis. The conversations of the characters will be analysed using the features of discourse analysis.
1.4 SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF STUDY
This research is centered on analyzing the discourse in Olu Obafemi’s Naira has no Gender. Other materials relevant to the study will be used but the issues to be discussed will be based on the play by Olu Obafemi.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GUIDANCE COUNSELING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. WATER HYGIENE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE, PRACTICE AND ENHANCEMENT STRATEGIES AMONG WOMEN ATTENDING ANTENATAL CARE IN PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background to the Study Water hygiene knowledge, attitude, practice (KAP) and enhancement strategies are key to ensu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Children learn concepts best when they are given a wide range of experiences with the object and situ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the need for guidance and counseling among Nigerian University Students, a case study of Ambrose Alli University, Ekp...Continue Reading »
4. CURBING INCIDENCE OF DRUGS AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE AMONG THE ADOLESCENTS IN MBAIKYOR COUNCIL WARD OF KWANDE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Most of the unpleasant youths activities, which surfaces all countries in the world, are precipitated...Continue Reading »
5. APPRAISAL OF BUDGETARY PRACTICES IN GRANT-AIDED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NORTH CENTRAL NIGERIA (IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The importance of effective budgetary practices at all levels of economy has for long been the major ...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF LENGTH OF MARRIAGE THE SOURCES OF MARITAL PROBLEMS AMONG MARRIED FEMALE STUDENTS OF WAZIRI UMARU FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, BIRNIN KEBBI, KEBBI ST...» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effect of length of marriage on sources of marital problems among married female students of Waziri Umaru Federal...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY STABILITY AND INSTABILITY ON SCHOOL ATTENDANCE AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ZAMFARA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Stability is the state of being, consistent, upright, tranquil, well established. Instability, on...Continue Reading »
8. SUPERVISORY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED AND POSSESSED BY SECONDARY SCHOOL PRINCIPALS IN NORTH CENTRAL STATES, NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Education is recognized as a potent instrument for social and economic development of individuals and...Continue Reading »
9. Demographic Predictors of Parental Child Abuse and Neglect and Preventive Measures in Bauchi State, Nigeria» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background to the Study Child abuse and neglect (CAN) is a serious public health problem and occurs in varying proportions or...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Domestic violence can be defined as a general term for violence that occurs between intimate partners, relatives, individuals...Continue Reading »