Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Discourse to the discourse analysts means actual instances of communicative action in the medium of language.
According to Blommert (2005:2) as cited in Johnstone (2008:2) discourse is the meaningful symbolic behavior in any mode. Discourse is not totally focused on language as an abstract system. Instead discourse is interested in what happens when people apply the knowledge they have got from language that is based on their memories of things they have seen or heard.
Discourse is also a conversation that is formal in nature. It can be in a written form or a spoken form of expression. Discourse analysis deals with spoken language, which occurs naturally and this can be found in interviews, conversations, speeches and commentaries. It also deals with the structure of written language which can be found in essays, chapters, road sings and notices.
Discourse is also seen as a linguistic communication and a transaction between a speaker and a hearer involved in an interpersonal activity in which its form is determined by its social purpose.
However, discourse analysis as a relation to a more traditional form of linguistics which is focused on the constituent units and structure of the sentence and which does not concern itself with an analysis of language use. Discourse analysis in contrast to formal linguistics, is concerned with translating the notion of structure, from the level of the sentences i e grammatical relations such as subject –verb – object, to the level of longer text.
Conversation generally involves an exchange between two or more people in which each participant may produce more than one utterance and each contribution builds upon previous contributions either directly or in directly.
Discourse analysis focuses on the analytical process in a relatively explicit way. What differentiates discourse analysis from other sorts of study that bear on human language and communication is not found in the way they try to answer them. That is, they analyse discourse by examining aspects of the structure and functions of language in use.
Longer stretches of discourse can be divided into parts using various criteria and then particular characteristics of each part can be looked in to by the discourse analyst.
Division in discourse analysis can be made according to who is talking, for example where the paragraph boundaries are, when a new topic arise, or where the subject ends and the predicate begins.
Olu Obafemi’s Naira has no Gender being a dramatic piece of work will be subjected to adequate discourse analysis which is the focus of this research work.
1.2 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The main purpose of this research is to give a clear picture of how discourse analysis can be used in the interpretation of text and how speeches are formed in a conversation in conformity to the context of the interaction.
The study of discourse analysis cannot be over emphasized as different scholars have gone a long way to bring out the importance of this study. Cutting in her book Pragmatics and Discourse (2002) has used structural, cultural, interpersonal background contexts and intertextuality to analyse a conversation among university students from different backgrounds.
Johnstone in her book. Discourse Analysis (2008) has worked on how discourse is shaped by various kinds of structural conventions and how structural conventions are influenced by what speakers use discourse for. She also worked on how grammar and discourse intersect.
In this research Naira has no Gender will be subjected to adequate discourse analysis. The conversations of the characters will be analysed using the features of discourse analysis.
1.4 SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF STUDY
This research is centered on analyzing the discourse in Olu Obafemi’s Naira has no Gender. Other materials relevant to the study will be used but the issues to be discussed will be based on the play by Olu Obafemi.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GUIDANCE COUNSELING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TEACHER PERCEPTION OF IMPLEMENTATION OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCECURRICULUMIN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NIGER STATE, NIGERIA (IMPLICATION FOR COUNSELLING...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study A curriculum is a comprehensive plan that includes objectives to be attained, specifications of r...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main concern of this study was to final out the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers in Kaur...Continue Reading »
3. WATER HYGIENE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE, PRACTICE AND ENHANCEMENT STRATEGIES AMONG WOMEN ATTENDING ANTENATAL CARE IN PLATEAU STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background to the Study Water hygiene knowledge, attitude, practice (KAP) and enhancement strategies are key to ensu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background to the StudyAdolescence is the transitory period the individual passes through in his /her growth from childhood...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study investigated the social, economic and psychological challenges of single parent family in Ijebu Ode Local Government Area of Ogun St...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1. Background of the Study Nearly two decades ago, a human catastrophic disease, Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS)...Continue Reading »
7. TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP STYLE OF PRINCIPALS AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SOUTH EAST NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Nigeria as a nation is faced with the challenges of a developing nation which are; domestic and exter...Continue Reading »
8. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISED AGGRESSION AND PORNOGRAPHY ON THE SOCIAL ADJUSTMENT OF ADOLESCENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACTThis study investigated the influence of televised aggression and pornography on adolescents in secondary schools in Agege Local Government Ar...Continue Reading »
» : A CASE STUDY OF OKITIPUPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to find the impact of guidance services on seco...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPORTANCE OF THE STUDY IS TO FACILITATE THE NEEDS FOR ORGANIZED GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING SERVICES IN THE PRIMARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Guidance and counseling has gone through various stages of development, corresponding with the prevailing philosophical v...Continue Reading »