Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country and the central gravity for the continent emerging democracies. Political scientists see politics as “the art of the government of a state”. A form of government refers to the set of political institutions by which a state is organised in order to exert its power over a political community. We tend to have system of government such as: Parliamentary and Presidential system of government. Having taken a look at the nature of the Presidential system of government which Nigeria currently practices, it is necessary to now examine the features as they manifest in the country’s political landscape. There is the impression, generally, that politics is the shortest cut to the top and it is the surest way to make it or arrive in the society. This research project is based on the Nigerian political system, showing how Nollywood or film video project the political situation of the nation. This research project is based on the movies as a study on how politicians plays the game of politics have been of great help. This research work is of importance to film makers or producers, Nigerian politician, the electorate as it takes on an analytical study of a film making and reveals challenges and difficulties the movie makers had to overcome or deal with to achieve the vision of projecting political situation in the country. This research concludes by recommending that film makers, students, scholars, researchers, politicians and electorate should develop the habit of documentary works for future use, providing adequate equipments in producing a successful movie, and to the politicians and electorate that justice and fairness is need for the growth of a nation.
TABLE OF CONTE NTS
Title Page - - - - - - - - - i
Certification - - - - - - - - ii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - iii
Acknowledgements - - - - - - - iv
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vi
Table of Contents - - - - - - - - vii
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background of Study - - - - - - 1
1.2 Statement of Problem - - - - - - 3
1.3 Objectives of the Study - - - - - - 4
1.4 Significance of the Study - - - - - - 5
1.5 Justification of the Study - - - - - - 5
1.6 Scope of the Study - - - - - - - 6
1.7 Limitation of the Study - - - - - - 6
1.8 Definition of Terms - - - - - - 7
CHAPTER TWO: LITERATURE REVIEW
2.1 History of Nollywood - - - - - - 8
2.2 Politics in Nigeria - - - - - - - 12
2.3 History of Nigeria- - - - - - - 16
2.4 Core examples of Nollywood Movies - - - - 19
2.5 Strategies in putting a successful movie - - - 19
2.6 Challenges in putting a successful movies - - - 25
CHAPTER THREE: REVIEW ON THE MOVIE NIGERIAN POLITICS
3.1 Synopsis of the movie - - - - - - 28
3.2 Features of Nigerian Politics in the movie Nigerian Politics - 33
CHAPTER FOUR: REVIEW ON THE MOVIE LAST VOTE
4.1 Synopsis of the Movie - - - - - - 37
4.2 Features of Nigeria Situation in the movie Last Vote- - 41
4.3 Comparing Nigerian Politics and Last Vote - - - 44
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY AND CONCLUSION
5.1 Summary of Findings - - - - - - 47
5.2 Conclusion - - - - - - - - 48
5.3 Recommendations - - - - - - - 49
Works Cited - - - - - - - - 51
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Film making is an art form that is a combination of techniques and talents. These techniques and talents are borrowed from other art forms like literature, music, dance, amongst others. The film maker makes use of his artistic creation to fuse these art forms to come up with a written screen play.
Many films are adaptations from literary sources. In certain quarters, adapting a novel, story; oral or written, a drama text, requires more skills and originality than working with an original screen play.
Furthermore, the better the literary work, it is believed the more difficult the adaptation, it is for the reason that many film adaptation are based on mediocre sources, for few people get angry or disappointed at the modification required in the film if the source itself is of the highest quality.
The video-film is one art form, and one of the most vibrant forms of popular art in contemporary Nigerian post colonial cultural space. The Genre of film narrative produced on video crosses several borders: Technical medium, class and social sector. Video-film in Nigeria is known as something between television and cinema. Video film is an example of Nigeria’s involvement is what some scholars refer to as a dubious modernity which on the other hand ties local practice to the global world. This popular art form was created out of the necessity of a country’s economic predicament. During the economic, religious, and political exigencies of Nigeria, film producers and businessmen, alike, turned to the video technology as the last resort when it became obvious that they could no longer afford to tell stories in celluloid format.
The film came into Nigeria in the advance guard of colonialism. The film came with explorers, merchants and missionaries. The film came into existence in Nigeria when television was introduced in 1959, which offered the citizenry opportunity to share in various televised experiences.
The background of this paper shows how the existence of Nollywood came to be as it showcases the root of Nollywood, this project also stands to proffer situations to the nation politically.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Nollywood, in which this research paper work emphasizes on the problems of the nation politically, how leaders lead, the benefit to the masses which are the citizens. Nollywood Industry has produced films on different genres such as: Religious, cultural, Economic, Political, and many others. It addresses the method in which politics are played in Nigeria. Consequently, this work is a study on the impact of Nollywood on Nigeria Politics using these Nollywood movies as a study; NIGERIAN POLITICS and LAST VOTE.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
This research work has the following as its objectives:
1. To examine the impact of Nollywood on the Nigerian Politics.
2. To ascertain the extent to which the citizens of Nigeria benefit from Nollywood movies.
3. To assess the role of Nollywood in creating awareness on political issues to the citizens.
4. To showcase the role of Nollywood in projecting the political situation of the nation using these movies NIGERIAN POLITICS and LAST VOTE.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The following are the significance of this study.
1. The study will provide the needed data on the role of Nigeria’s situation in NIGERIAN POLITICS and LAST VOTE for producers of movies.
2. It will also help in the planning, organizing and producing of movies for Nigerians who want to venture into movies producing.
3. This research project will be of great importance to the staff or producers of movies and Nollywood at large.
4. This paper will serve as a reference paper work for academic purpose.
1.5 JUSTIFICATION OF THE STUDY
This paper work has gone through material such as: Books, magazine, amongst others to make this paper work what is academically acceptable and of standard to whoever go through it as it contains ideas, strategies, limitations, advantages, challenges at which this paper work is addressing.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This work is limited to Nigerian Political system. It is restricted to Nollywood and to these movies NIGERIAN POLITICS and LAST VOTE.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study would have understudied all the movies concerning politics in Nigerian but it was impossible because of the financial constraint, time limit and inability of individuals to respond to interview and to other factors, which have prevented the extensive coverage of this research work.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
For easy understanding and simplicity, the following terms are defined.
All definition of terms is from Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary. The following terms are given definition.
NOLLYWOOD: Nollywood is a name for the Nigerian popular film industry, based in Lagos. An Industry that control Entertainment in Nigeria.
NIGERIA: A country on the Coast of West Africa: Population 182,200,000 (estimated, 2015); Languages, English (official, Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba and others; capital Abuja.
POLITICS: The activities of the government, members of law-making organizations, or people who try to influence the way a country is governed.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR FINE APPLIED ARTS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APPLYING THE OUTSIDE-IN DIRECTORIAL APPROACH IN THE PRODUCTION OF GEORGE BERNARD SHAW’S ARMS AND THE MAN» ABSTRACT Productions have always been a major part of the theatre. In fact, the integral point of audience speculation surrounds the production itself...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The textile world is very broad and everyone is dependent on it. Nearly every aspect of our live...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main objective of this study was to explore the social cultural factors that propel female circumcision practice among the Chagga communi...Continue Reading »
4. IMPLEMENTATION PROBLEMS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL ARTS CURRICULUM IN FINE ARTS, IN BENUE STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Fine Art is one of the core subjects in the Secondary School System in Nigeria. And the educational goals realizable from art learning cannot...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Nigerian film industry, also known as “Nollywood,” produces about 50 movies per w...Continue Reading »
6. THE MARKETING PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES OF REMODELLING AND RENAMING THE UNIVERSITY OF UYO STUDIO THEATRE» ABSTRACT Theatre is a place of seeing. It is a place that people go in to interact with the productions. Since theatre is a service oriented instituti...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This work content analyzed Cartoons in Nigerian dailies. Its central objective is hooked on the measurement of efficiency in deployment of ca...Continue Reading »
8. A TREND ANALYSIS OF ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (EIA) PRACTICE IN NIGERIA AND ITS IMPLICATION TO TOURISM DEVELOPMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The environment is important in attracting tourism flows with their attendant economic effects. Conservation of valued enviro...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTIn recent years, the cartoon genre has gained considerable research interest,from all disciplines. Perhaps one of the sternest yet satirical f...Continue Reading »
10. PUBLICITY STRATEGIES AND THE PRODUCTION OF SUNDAY UMANAH’S XHIBITZ SEASON TWO AND UGOCHI PASCALINE’S HARMONIES OF AGONIES» ABSTRACT Publicity in today’s production is an area whose potentials have not been utilized. Lack of efficient publicity is one of the reasons most ...Continue Reading »