Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Feminism is an ideology, movement whereby people (both male and female) agitate for equality between men and women. It is the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of gender equality. According to the Wikipedia, “Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, cultural and social rights for women”. Radical feminism is a perspective within feminism that focuses on the hypothesis of patriarchy as a system of power that organizes society into a complex of relationships based on the assertion that male supremacy oppresses women.
The society we live in praise girls for virginity but not so with the boys’ forgetting that it’s a two way thing; a girl can’t be deflowered without a boy. A girl child is forced to be in the kitchen while a male is restricted from going close to it claiming that it’s against our culture, forgetting that “culture does not make people; people make culture” (Chimamanda,.TedX Talk) .People tend to have a stereotypical idea that a woman should aim to be successful but not too successful, otherwise she would threaten a man; but this should be disapproved knowing value of a woman to a society. So, a woman that has worked so hard shouldn’t hope to attain the highest post she rightly deserves in an organization simply because she doesn’t want to threaten a man?
1.2 Statement of the Research Problem
While some radical feminists propose that the oppression of women is the most fundamental form of oppression, one that cuts across boundaries of all other form of oppression, others acknowledge the simultaneous and intersecting effect of other independent categories of oppression as well. This research is done to douse the argument about Adichie’s thought on feminism, to know the kind of person she is and the kind of feminist she is. Knowing and understanding perspective of the author of a book makes the reader understand the inherent message in the book as you could put yourself in her shoes.
1.3 Aim and Objectives
This project is aimed to change people’s view on the fact that all feminist hate men and about the concept ‘Feminism’, and also to explore the kind of feminist Chimamanda is and the message she is trying to send out.
The objectives therefore include:
· Exploring the nature of feminism especially radical feminists.
· Types of feminism what it entails, and what they (feminists) are propagating.
· Concept of Radical Feminism and types.
· Reasons why people choose to be feminist and
· To investigate the possible remedy to peoples view on
1.4 Scope and Delimitation
This study focuses on the views of Chimamanda Adichie on feminism and what kind of feminist she is. It is delimited to her novels Purple Hibiscus, Half of a Yellow Sun and her short story collection, The Thing Around Your Neck.
A lot of people have written about feminism and radical feminism and have aired their views about what they think it is. This project is aimed at airing Adichie’s view on life her thoughts on gender, feminism and reasons why she writes the way she does. “Gender prescribes how we should be rather than recognize how we are” (Chimamanda.. TedX Talk)
1.6 Theoretical Framework
The theoretical framework to be used for this research is the radical feminist theory. Radical Feminists asserts that society is a patriarchy in which the class of men is the oppressors of the class of women. Radical feminism posits the theory that due to patriarchy, women have come to be viewed as the “other” to the male norm and as such have been systematically oppressed and marginalized.
This study will be based on library research from textbooks, information from essays and journals, views of scholars, interviews, and the internet.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT THROUGH LANGUAGE COMMUNICATION IN AN ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF DELTA STATE POLYTECHNIC, OGWASHI-UKU» Abstract The purpose of this study is to ascertain how verbs are formed in the two Languages. In contact, namely; English and Languages were extensive...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 171 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
2. THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND THEIR ACTUAL PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH EXAMINATION» Abstract This research is an attempt to find out the attitude of students towards English Language and how it affects their actual performance in Engl...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 162 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
3. CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE AND THE DIALOGIC IMAGINATION: A BAKHTINIAN RE-EXAMINATION OF HALF OF A YELLOW SUN, PURPLE HIBISCUS AND THE THING AROUND YOUR ...» Abstract “You cannot do literature without theory”. A statement made by Professor Y.A.Nasidi in a lecture with his 2009 2010 MA students a...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 130 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This project is on the power relation in courtroom language. Chapter one covers the general overview of the subject matte...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 309 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
5. A Morphological Analysis of Loan Words among Yoruba Speakers of English Language in Kaduna Metropolis» ABSTRACT The thesis entitled “A Morphological Analysis of Loan Words among Yoruba Speakers of English in Kaduna Metropolis” is a documenta...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 42 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT African literary elites have responded to the call by Africans to free the continent from all forms of colonial and slave mentality. While ot...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 44 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This chapter will look into the background and the general introduction of feminism using Buchi Emec...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 128 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» Abstract This work introduces the major variable in this research topic as well as gives a brief background of the text adopted for critical analysis....Continue Reading »
52 pages | 496 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the...Continue Reading »
152 pages | 138 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
10. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» ABSTRACT This study deploys Historicism as a literary discourse to the analysis of the selected writings of Isidore Okpewho, Elechi Amadi and Biyi Ban...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 0 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES