Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Figurative expressions are forms of styles in which words are used to express more than they mean ordinarily so as to make the idea very emphatic and effective.
On the other hand, hyperbole is one of the figurative expression and it means the use of deliberate expression for emphasis to achieve heightened effect or to produce some effect. In advertisements, hyperbole is mostly used to capture the interest of the public to patronize the product or the services been advertised.
Language forms the fundamental function of communication as social being. Man uses it as a medium of communication to help him communicate with other people that live within and beyond our geographical locations. It is noted that our live takes us through sires of activities that demand immense use of language.
Figurative Expression in language of advertisement is in the family of marketing management tools, which include product, price, promotion mix that also includes advertising
sales promotion publicity, personal selling and product packaging. In this respect, language of advertisement studies how the advertiser use language to persuade and convince their customers to introduce and buy their new product. It is through this techniques of advertising that customers are helpless to depend themselves (Filici, 2005).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is embarked upon because on several occasions you see advertisement on the media. You discover that figurative expression is mostly used to capture or win the interest of the customers.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Why is hyperbole been used in advertisement?
2. How language is used in order to attract more customers?
3. DO hyperboles give ambiguous meaning in expression?
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
(i) To identify how language is used by the advertisers to make claims that are obviously doubtful.
(ii.) To identify the ambiguities in meaning and usage.
(iii.) To identify the characteristics of hyperbole in
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study focuses on the use of figurative expression in language of advertisement with emphasis on hyperbole. The study is strictly on the use of figurative expression in language of advertisement; it does not touch other areas.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT It is popular knowledge that most counties in Africa were at one time or the other under the control of foreign countries after the Berlin co...Continue Reading »
2. RACISM AND OPPRESSION IN BLACK AMERICAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF RICHARD WRIGHT'S NATIVE SON AND BLACK BOY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The novel black boy and native son reflects the racism and oppression of the black people at ever...Continue Reading »
3. A SOCIO-PRAGRAMATIC STUDY OF AMA ATTA AIDOO’S CHANGES AND CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S HALF OF A YELLOW SUN» ABSTRACT Gender and language differences are integral field of study in sociolinguistics that accounts for the way language is used in the society and...Continue Reading »
4. THEME OF CORRUPTION IN THE POST-COLONIAL AFRICAN NOVEL: A STUDY OF ABUBAKAR GIMBA’S WITNESSES TO TEARS AND CHINUA ACHEBE’S A MAN OF THE PEOPLE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Chinua Achebe has proven his worth among English speaking African novelists by representing the A...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This chapter will look into the background and the general introduction of feminism using Buchi Emec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The primary focus and interest of stylistics has been the analysis of style in any instance of language use, it examines both oral discourse ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work is a study of ideology and its workings in two Nigerian Newspapers: The Guardian and Daily Trust using Modality as the analytical e...Continue Reading »
8. LANGUAGE BEHAVIOUR AND ITS EFFECTS IN A MULTILINGUAL SETTING: A SOCIOLINGUISTIC DESCRIPTION OF OGORI/MAGONGO PEOPLE OF KOGI STATE» ABSTRACT Multilingualism has been defined as the ability of an individual to speak two or more languages in any communicative event. Therefore, intra ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This study titled “A discussion of the effects of war and on women and children using Femi Osofisa...Continue Reading »
10. POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND SYMBOLISM IN ADICHIE CHIMAMANDA NGOZI’S HALF OF A YELLOW SUN AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROWS OF RAIN» Political corruption is the use of power by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Misuse of government power for other purposes such as ...Continue Reading »