Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 32 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Figurative expressions are forms of styles in which words are used to express more than they mean ordinarily so as to make the idea very emphatic and effective.
On the other hand, hyperbole is one of the figurative expression and it means the use of deliberate expression for emphasis to achieve heightened effect or to produce some effect. In advertisements, hyperbole is mostly used to capture the interest of the public to patronize the product or the services been advertised.
Language forms the fundamental function of communication as social being. Man uses it as a medium of communication to help him communicate with other people that live within and beyond our geographical locations. It is noted that our live takes us through sires of activities that demand immense use of language.
Figurative Expression in language of advertisement is in the family of marketing management tools, which include product, price, promotion mix that also includes advertising
sales promotion publicity, personal selling and product packaging. In this respect, language of advertisement studies how the advertiser use language to persuade and convince their customers to introduce and buy their new product. It is through this techniques of advertising that customers are helpless to depend themselves (Filici, 2005).
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is embarked upon because on several occasions you see advertisement on the media. You discover that figurative expression is mostly used to capture or win the interest of the customers.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Why is hyperbole been used in advertisement?
2. How language is used in order to attract more customers?
3. DO hyperboles give ambiguous meaning in expression?
1.4 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
(i) To identify how language is used by the advertisers to make claims that are obviously doubtful.
(ii.) To identify the ambiguities in meaning and usage.
(iii.) To identify the characteristics of hyperbole in
1.5 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This study focuses on the use of figurative expression in language of advertisement with emphasis on hyperbole. The study is strictly on the use of figurative expression in language of advertisement; it does not touch other areas.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This work is a pragma semiotic analysis of graffiti of Kaduna Polytechnic students. Graffiti refer to the crude inscriptions or drawings whic...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION According to Cambridge dictionary, society is defined as a particular community of people who share the same customs, law...Continue Reading »
3. A SOCIO-SEMANTIC ANALYSIS OF CODE-SWITCHING AMONG STUDENTS OF BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY AND FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, MAKURDI» ABSTRACT A bilingual or a multilingual speaker of Nigerian languages tend to fall back to the ethnic languages in the domains and topics, context and ...Continue Reading »
4. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION This project is on the power relation in courtroom language. Chapter one covers the general overview of the subject matte...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the...Continue Reading »
7. EVALUATIVE STUDY OF TEACHING AND LEARNING ENGLISH GRAMMATICAL STRUCTURES IN SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACTThis research work is concerned with the evaluative study of teaching and learning of English grammatical structures in the primary school. Th...Continue Reading »
8. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND As Chidi Amuta (1988) puts it, the Nigerian civil war literatures represent a ―significant step ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This appraisal is on Udje dance songs of the Urhobo people. The study looks at the aesthetic qualities that abound in the Udje songs of the U...Continue Reading »
10. FACTS AND FICTION IN AKACHI ADIMORA - EZEIGBO’S CHLDREN OF THE EAGLE AND THE LAST OF THE STRONG ONES» ABSTRACTThis research work addressed itself to the way people tend to see fictional works. People see fictional works as being fictitious, but they ar...Continue Reading »