Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This project is an attempt to study some of the semantic redundancies found in students' speech. This is with a view to identify some long observed peculiarities in the use of redundancy in the students' use of English.
In the context of language studies, semantics occupies the end continuum. Semantics is at the top level because it deals with communication and interpretation. The major problem is with the definition of the subject simply as the study of meaning. Meaning is the target/goal in language. In whatever we do, we try to get meaning. The challenge is trying to find the meaning of meaning itself
Ogden and Richard (1923) said the major problem in semantics is trying to control "what is meaning".
This project work is concerned with the repetitions made by students while speaking.
However, any issue raised here would be considerably discussed and illustrated with adequate examples. Thus the findings of this work will on the other hand add to the existing literature(s) on semantic redundancy as a localized contribution to knowledge.
1.1 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project is to identify and analyze the features of redundancy in the speech of students of the Department of Mathematics of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
The specific objectives of this project are to:
i. Determine the linguistic motivation for redundancy.
ii. Establish a clear demarcation between samples of data taken and their Standard English version.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of clarity and correctness in communication cannot be over emphasized. Therefore, this work on semantic redundancy is desirable because it provides some insights into the prevalence of redundancy in the verbal interaction of the students selected as the subject of the project. More so, the findings of this work will not only contribute to the existing literature on semantic redundancy, but would help anyone who goes through this work to avoid tautology in their speech.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ERROR ANALYSIS OF THE ENGLISH LEXIS AND STRUCTURE OF STUDENTS’ WAEC COMPSITION: A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENT SECODNARY SCHOOL, KURU, NASARAWA STA...» ABSTRACT This aim of the work is to demonstrate the error students often commit in their written compositions in the West African Examinations Council...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This chapter will look into the background and the general introduction of feminism using Buchi Emec...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Tanure Ojaide is a well known personality in African creative writing. A literary critic and ...Continue Reading »
4. A SOCIOLINGUISTIC ANALYSIS OF CLASSROOM INTERACTIONAL PATTERNS IN FEDERAL COLLEGE OF FORESTRY MECHANIZATION, AFAKA-KADUNA» ABSTRACT This study is titled a Sociolinguistic Analysis of Classroom Interactional Patterns in Federal College of Forestry Mechanization Afaka. The d...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language is an integral part of our socio cultural heritage that serves as the primary medium of communication for mankind. Pragmatics evolve...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Language is an important tool in the entire existence of man, because it aids communicati...Continue Reading »
7. NIYI OSUNDARE AND THE TRADITION OF MODERN NIGERIAN POETRY: ANALYSIS OF SONGS OF THE MARKET PLACE, VILLAGE VOICES, THE EYE OF THE EARTH AND WAITING LAU...» ABSTRACT Niyi Osundare is one of Nigeria’s most prolific poets whose works have contributed significantly to the growth of a Nigerian poetic tra...Continue Reading »
8. A PSYCHOANALYTIC READING OF TONI MORRISON‟S A MERCY AND GLORIA NAYLOR‟S THE WOMEN OF BREWSTER PLACE AND MAMA DAY» ABSTRACT The study of Psychoanalysis over the years has helped to reveal the relation between the mind, language and personality trait which are not e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work delves into translating Adaeze, an Igbo novel written by Inno Uzoma Nwadike into English. Today, there are lots of creativ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research is a sociolinguistic analysis of the use of Nigerian Pidgin for transactions in Zaria markets. Pidgins are contact vernacular no...Continue Reading »