Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This project is an attempt to study some of the semantic redundancies found in students' speech. This is with a view to identify some long observed peculiarities in the use of redundancy in the students' use of English.
In the context of language studies, semantics occupies the end continuum. Semantics is at the top level because it deals with communication and interpretation. The major problem is with the definition of the subject simply as the study of meaning. Meaning is the target/goal in language. In whatever we do, we try to get meaning. The challenge is trying to find the meaning of meaning itself
Ogden and Richard (1923) said the major problem in semantics is trying to control "what is meaning".
This project work is concerned with the repetitions made by students while speaking.
However, any issue raised here would be considerably discussed and illustrated with adequate examples. Thus the findings of this work will on the other hand add to the existing literature(s) on semantic redundancy as a localized contribution to knowledge.
1.1 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of this project is to identify and analyze the features of redundancy in the speech of students of the Department of Mathematics of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto.
The specific objectives of this project are to:
i. Determine the linguistic motivation for redundancy.
ii. Establish a clear demarcation between samples of data taken and their Standard English version.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The importance of clarity and correctness in communication cannot be over emphasized. Therefore, this work on semantic redundancy is desirable because it provides some insights into the prevalence of redundancy in the verbal interaction of the students selected as the subject of the project. More so, the findings of this work will not only contribute to the existing literature on semantic redundancy, but would help anyone who goes through this work to avoid tautology in their speech.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A LINGUISTIC STYLISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE CAMPAIGN SPEECHES OF TWO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES IN THE 2011 ELECTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL BACKGROUND. 1.0 PREAMBLE INTRODUCTION This chapter contains the background to the study, a brief profile of the p...Continue Reading »
2. NIYI OSUNDARE AND THE TRADITION OF MODERN NIGERIAN POETRY: ANALYSIS OF SONGS OF THE MARKET PLACE, VILLAGE VOICES, THE EYE OF THE EARTH AND WAITING LAU...» ABSTRACT Niyi Osundare is one of Nigeria’s most prolific poets whose works have contributed significantly to the growth of a Nigerian poetic tra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Drama is a very strong channel of communicating through which large number of people receive information and are entertained ...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN THE SOCIO- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA AS IN THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD BY BUCHI EMECHETA» ABSTRACTThis thesis is concerned with feminist aesthetics carving out the motherist theory in the title The role of women in the Socio–economic deve...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Language and man are inseparable and since the languages of the worldcome in contact, there is bound to be a problem like mother tongue inter...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is designed to examine how effectively Hospital posters in Abuja communicate health message. In other words it looks into whether ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The concept of disability as an entity worthy of study in African literature is hardly ever considered, yet it an engaging issue. Disability ...Continue Reading »
8. AN ARTIST AS A HISTORIAN: A NEW HISTORICIST STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S Half Of A Yellow Sun AND CHINUA ACHEBE’S There Was A Country» ABSTRACT This study, “An Artist as a Historian…” set out to examine the historical perspective of the Nigerian Civil War using Chim...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Human Beings are social animals and language is an instrument of the society which is acculturated into a give...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Due to the volatility in the political terrain in African states, migration of the citizenry has ...Continue Reading »