Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 106 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This thesis titled “English-based loan words in Etuno Language”
is a documentation and analysis of some English-based loan words in Etuno language.
The study is propelled by the following observations:
(a) that a large part of the vocabulary of the Etuno Language are loan words from
other languages particularly the English Language and the Yoruba Language.
(b) that these loan words are basically as a result of the need for new designations.
(c) that these loan words have been nativized and are generally used by the Etuno
speakers. The work is therefore aimed at finding out the extent to which the Etuno
Language has borrowed from the English Language and analyzing how the loan words
undergo such phonological changes in the course of nativizing them. The source of data
for the research is primary source which involves the researcher’s intuitive knowledge of
the language and information elicited from word list. The researcher discovered that
there are very many English loan words in the Etuno Language and that in the course of
nativizing these loan words, they (the loan words) experienced adjustments in line with
the morpho-phonemic rules of the Etuno Language.
This chapter gives a general background to the study. A study cannot be carried
out on any language without the knowledge of the history of its speakers. This chapter
will therefore give a brief account of the history of the Etuno speaking people, their early
contact with the Yoruba language and the English language. The chapter will also
contain the statement of research problem, research questions, the aims and objectives of
the study, its justification and significance; and the scope of the study.
1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
Spoken language is a purely human activity. It is central to human life. Without
language, there will be no interaction, n
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A PHONELOGICAL ANALYSIS OF ENGLISH FRICATIVES AS USED AMONG THE YORUBA SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE» ABSTRACTThis research work is a cursory observation of how the English Fricatives are used among the Yoruba speakers of English Language.At the phonem...Continue Reading »
2. SATIRE AND SOCIAL MEDIATION IN WOLE SOYINKA’S: A CASE STUDY OF THE TRIALS OF BROTHER JERO AND A PLAY OF GIANTS» ABSTRACT This research endeavour focuses on the social and political ills prevalent in the African societies with the view of correcting them thus, ma...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This research studies the occurrence of the constructions and functions of NPs in English and Hausa languages, and finds out the similarities...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research explores the court praise songs of Zazzau Emirate. This particular research focuses its attention on who are these singers, wha...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The effects of nature and nurture on lives cut across disciplines and deal with the question of what determines patterns of human behaviour, ...Continue Reading »
6. AN EXAMINATION OF THE ORAL ENGLISH SUBJECT CONTENT: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ETI OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND Dialect is the real apparatus of correspondence in human culture and discourse possesses a noteworthy position in many dialogs...Continue Reading »
7. A SYNTACTIC ANALYSIS OF SELECTED CLAUSAL COORDINATES AS USED IN THE AMENDED 1999 CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The language of law has been viewed by many as difficult to understand primarily because of archaism in its morpho syntactic structure. Also,...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research is a syntactic analysis of the various and different grammatical units and ranks that flourish the poetry of Wole Soyinka as th...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT THROUGH LANGUAGE COMMUNICATION IN AN ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF DELTA STATE POLYTECHNIC, OGWASHI-UKU» Abstract The purpose of this study is to ascertain how verbs are formed in the two Languages. In contact, namely; English and Languages were extensive...Continue Reading »
10. DRAMATIZATION OF NORTHERN NIGERIAN HISTORY: [ADAPTATION, TRADITION AND PERSONAGES] OF BEN TOMOLOJU’S AMINATU QUEEN OF ZAZZAU, AHMED YERIMA’S ATTAH...» ABSTRACT This thesis examines the interplay between the adaptation of historical materials for dramatic purpose and the production of what may be refe...Continue Reading »