Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 106 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This thesis titled “English-based loan words in Etuno Language”
is a documentation and analysis of some English-based loan words in Etuno language.
The study is propelled by the following observations:
(a) that a large part of the vocabulary of the Etuno Language are loan words from
other languages particularly the English Language and the Yoruba Language.
(b) that these loan words are basically as a result of the need for new designations.
(c) that these loan words have been nativized and are generally used by the Etuno
speakers. The work is therefore aimed at finding out the extent to which the Etuno
Language has borrowed from the English Language and analyzing how the loan words
undergo such phonological changes in the course of nativizing them. The source of data
for the research is primary source which involves the researcher’s intuitive knowledge of
the language and information elicited from word list. The researcher discovered that
there are very many English loan words in the Etuno Language and that in the course of
nativizing these loan words, they (the loan words) experienced adjustments in line with
the morpho-phonemic rules of the Etuno Language.
This chapter gives a general background to the study. A study cannot be carried
out on any language without the knowledge of the history of its speakers. This chapter
will therefore give a brief account of the history of the Etuno speaking people, their early
contact with the Yoruba language and the English language. The chapter will also
contain the statement of research problem, research questions, the aims and objectives of
the study, its justification and significance; and the scope of the study.
1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
Spoken language is a purely human activity. It is central to human life. Without
language, there will be no interaction, n
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A CRITICAL DISCOURSE ANALYSIS OF DOCTOR-PATIENT CONVERSATIONS IN SELECTED RURAL HOSPITALS IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The use of language in human communication is predicated on social relationships; hence when people converse, they are always aware of the so...Continue Reading »
166 pages | 68 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
2. AN ARTIST AS A HISTORIAN: A NEW HISTORICIST STUDY OF CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S Half Of A Yellow Sun AND CHINUA ACHEBE’S There Was A Country» ABSTRACT This study, “An Artist as a Historian…” set out to examine the historical perspective of the Nigerian Civil War using Chim...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 454 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This project is an attempt to explore the recurring grave concerning the academic performance of students. Though a large percentage of stude...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 562 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
4. A PRAGMA-DISCOURSE STUDY OF FACE-SAVING AND FACE-THREATENING ACTS ON THE BBC’S HARDTALK INTERVIEW» Abstract The media is a powerful tool of influence in societies. Media interviews provide a special platform that showcases how language is used. This...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 69 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This work is a study of ideology and its workings in two Nigerian Newspapers: The Guardian and Daily Trust using Modality as the analytical e...Continue Reading »
111 pages | 190 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
6. A SOCIO LINGUISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE USE OF DEROGATORY WORDS ON WOMEN (A CASE STUDY OF IKEJA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Sociolinguistics cannot be defined without the language use and the society’s feedback to it. S...Continue Reading »
81 pages | 332 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
7. A STYLISTIC STUDY OF PARALLELISM IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES OF PRESIDENTS BARRACK OBAMA AND GOODLUCK JONATHAN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The role of language in every society is multifunctional; it serves various purposes ranging from...Continue Reading »
130 pages | 177 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
8. A NEW HISTORICIST APPRAISAL OF SINGLE MOTHERHOOD IN AFRICAN AMERICAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF JAMES MCBRIDE’S THE COLOR OF WATER AND MAYA ANGELOU’S ...» ABSTRACT Hardly can there be a discussion on literature without a reference to historical issues. The close relationship between literature and histor...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 206 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This Study analyses and discusses the pragmatically negation in selected U.S and Nigerian presidential speeches. It first examined the proces...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 444 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» ABSTRACT This research explores the court praise songs of Zazzau Emirate. This particular research focuses its attention on who are these singers, wha...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 75 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES