Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 106 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This thesis titled “English-based loan words in Etuno Language”
is a documentation and analysis of some English-based loan words in Etuno language.
The study is propelled by the following observations:
(a) that a large part of the vocabulary of the Etuno Language are loan words from
other languages particularly the English Language and the Yoruba Language.
(b) that these loan words are basically as a result of the need for new designations.
(c) that these loan words have been nativized and are generally used by the Etuno
speakers. The work is therefore aimed at finding out the extent to which the Etuno
Language has borrowed from the English Language and analyzing how the loan words
undergo such phonological changes in the course of nativizing them. The source of data
for the research is primary source which involves the researcher’s intuitive knowledge of
the language and information elicited from word list. The researcher discovered that
there are very many English loan words in the Etuno Language and that in the course of
nativizing these loan words, they (the loan words) experienced adjustments in line with
the morpho-phonemic rules of the Etuno Language.
This chapter gives a general background to the study. A study cannot be carried
out on any language without the knowledge of the history of its speakers. This chapter
will therefore give a brief account of the history of the Etuno speaking people, their early
contact with the Yoruba language and the English language. The chapter will also
contain the statement of research problem, research questions, the aims and objectives of
the study, its justification and significance; and the scope of the study.
1.1 GENERAL BACKGROUND
Spoken language is a purely human activity. It is central to human life. Without
language, there will be no interaction, n
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Language is the distinctive quality unique to man. It is what enables man to express him/herself ...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 269 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
2. EFFECTS OF VITAMIN C ON SOME HAEMATOLOGICAL PARAMETERS AND BIOMARKERS OF OXIDATIVE STRESS IN ALBINO WISTAR RATS EXPOSED TO SHORT-TERM LEAD ACETATE» AbstractThe effects of vitamin C on some heamatological parameters and biomarkers of oxidative stress in albino wistar rats exposed to lead acetate ov...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 108 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page iCertification iiDedication iiiAcknowledgment ivTable of contents v CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction to the study 11.1 Statemen...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 226 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project is an attempt to study some of the semantic redundancies found in students' speech. This is with ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 427 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
5. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 1,598 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange infor...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 81 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This study titled “A discussion of the effects of war and on women and children using Femi Osofisa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 341 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
8. Factors Affecting Secondary School Oral English Intsruction in Osogbo Local Government Area of Osun State» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION In English Language, there is a strong correlation between oral language skills and achievement in the written language among...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 130 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
9. EFFECTS OF DRILL AND PRACTICE ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This study examines The Effect of Drill and Practice on the Academic Achievement of Students in English Language in Junior Secondary Schools ...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 368 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES
10. THE ROLE OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION IN PROMOTING POPULAR CULTURE AMONG YOUTHS IN KADUNA METROPOLIS» ABSTRACTThe research investigates the contribution of African Independent Television (AIT) in promoting youth popular culture. To this end the objecti...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 193 hits | Source: ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES