Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 94 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Drugs are commonly used by everybody whether young or old. Drugs are not only useful for human beings; they are also useful for animals for good health. Human beings give drugs to their animals when they discovered that they are not healthy. Drug is an effective substance in the life of any living thing to cure sickness and to make life healthy. It is true that drugs are used for beneficent therapeutic purposes, effective substance for good health, but they are being abused by people especially youths. They use it illegally and unlawfully, thus it becomes harmful to the body.
The impact of drug abuse among Nigerian youths has been considered a moral decadent. Drug abuse has made the face of the Nigerian youths rough and brought shame to our society. The Nigerian youths are deliberately using drugs illegally, unlawfully and intentionally.
Many of our youths ignorantly or knowingly depend on one drug or the other for their daily activities. According to the statistics provided by World Health Organization (WHO), drug including alcohol and tobacco, have caused a lot of road accidents and have claimed more lives than other sicknesses suffered by mankind. As International Drug Trafficking is gaining strength, the international cooperation against drug trafficking is steadily loosing strength and lacking organization.
The report from world narcotics has shown that confiscation level has fallen below 10 percent of the global circulation level of drug international mortality figures for drug abuse have tripled since 1988. In the United States, medical emergencies coming from cocaine taken rose by 1000 percent between 1976-1993, in the case of the heroine by 6 percent from 1988-1993 and by 155 percent in the case of cannabis. Cocaine addicts between the age of 12 and 17 increased by 166 percent from 1994-1995 in various countries. Drugs are being abused everyday.
In Nigeria, this issue of drug abuse has been a serious concern for the society. Youths have taken to drug abuse. In recent times, the rate at which youths abuse drugs have been so alarming and worrisome that much effort have been made to eradicate it. As the youths are abusing drugs, the effort being made to eradicate it is losing strength. Drug abuse and addiction have a destructive or devastating consequences but our youths are still into drugs. “Not only that it destroys the affected individual but it has a pervasive effect on all those who know or work with the individual (Barber, 1967:85). Drug addiction is a tragedy in our Nigerian society.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Drug abuse among youths in Nigeria is now a common phenomenon. Females are not exempt in this evil act. A recent research shows that 15-20 percent of drug addicts are females while males constitute about 50-55 percent,
all comprising of traders, students, unskilled workers and the unemployed as shown by a retrospective study carried out by NDLEA (Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency).
Drug abuse has contributed in the set back of the society. Inspite of this, many youths do still indulge in it. In many psychiatric hospitals in Nigeria, many of our youths are there undergoing drug treatment. The number of the youths that are insane are more than old people that are insane and youths insanity is mostly caused by drug abuse. Some youths are school drop-outs because they could not continue due to the rate of drug they have taken that resulted to their insanity. University of Nigeria Nsukka is not an exception. Many youths are homeless, wanderers, derelicts, unemployed, rapist, thugs, armed robbers and so on because they are drug addicts. A lot of lives and property have been wasted in accident and violence because of drug. Youths that are supposed to be the hope of their families and the society at large and useful to themselves have wasted their lives, all because of drugs and it has been a serious problem in Nigeria.
1.3 Aim of the Study
The aim of this study is to make the Nigerian youths to be aware of the dangers of drug abuse, to bring out the roles especially that of the church in controlling drug abuse in Nigeria and to direct the youths on the way to follow
to become useful to themselves, their families and to the Nigerian society at large.
To achieve this aim, the researcher is advocating that all hands should be on deck to curb this menace called drug abuse.
1.4 Significance of the Study
This work is significant because drug and it’s abuse were exposed here. The role of the church concerning drug abuse were also examined. Through this study, drug abuse among youths in Nigeria will be addressed with a view to finding lasting solutions to the problem.
This work will also be of great benefits to the Nigerian youths because it will make them know the implication of drug and it’s abuse.
If the church should really carry out their role towards drug abuse in Nigeria, it will be reduced or put to stop and Nigerian youths will turn over a new leaf and make positive contributions to their families and to the society at large.
1.5 Scope of the Study
The study is on the youths and drug abuse and challenges for the Nigerian churches on drug abuse in the Nigerian society.
Apart from the topic itself, many areas about drug abuse were treated in this research work.
1.6 Research Methodology
Materials for this research were from primary and secondary sources. The primary one are from oral interview, whereby people were interviewed especially people that have experience of drug abuse or people that were drug addicts and their close associates.
Secondly, books that were written on this topic and other relevant materials were used. It is very interesting to note that the books used helped immensely in giving the relevant information for this research. Texts were critically assessed and the relevant information were taken. In delivering the text the critical analytical method was applied.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE USE OF MULTIMEDIA IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project work has looked into the use of multi media in teaching and learning of computer science, a case study of Oredo local government...Continue Reading »
2. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE PERFORMANCE OF MALE AND FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS. A CASE STUDY OF GOVERNMENT DAY SECONDARY SCHOOL, ARKILLA, SOKO...» ABSTRACT This study compared the performance of male and female secondary school students in Sokoto State using Government Day Secondary School, Arkil...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTS OF FIELD-BASED TEACHING STRATEGY ON INTEREST, RETENTION AND PERFORMANCE IN CLIMATE CHANGE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ANCHAU, KADUNA,...» ABSTRACT This study investigated the effects of Field based Teaching Strategy on Interest, Retention and Performance in Climate Change among Secondary...Continue Reading »
4. A STUDY OF JOB STRESS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN TAMBUWAL LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF SOKOTO STATE» ABSTRACT This paper take a look at the study of job stress among secondary school teachers in Tambuwal Local Government Area of Sokoto State. One hund...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study determined the the perception of business educators on ICT as a problem of business education. The study determined the relationshi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to establish the influence of administrative functions on teachers’ work performance in secondary school ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Family planning has been a common problem with the developing countries in the world, due to lack...Continue Reading »
8. LEADERSHIP AND PROBLEMS OF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: AN ASSESSMENT OF UNEMPLOYMENT PROBLEMS AND MOVEMENT OF NIGERIA YOUTHS TO DEVELOP COUNTRIES OF THE WOR...» Abstract Leadership is the key to social upliftment, social stagnation and even social decay, but there is no such agreement as to which kind of leade...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria today, most children are from a family of lone parent; this might be as a result of untime...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction One of the serious socio – economic problems facing Nigeria as a nation is the high rate of unemployment. Baniro et...Continue Reading »