Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page - - - - - - - - - - i
Declaration - -- - - - - - - - - ii
Approval page - - - - - - - - - iii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - iv
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - v
Table of content - - - - - - - - - vi
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - ix
CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
Background of the Study - - - - - - - 1
Statement of the Problem - - - - - - 3
Purpose of the Study - - - - - - - - 4
Significance of the Study - - - - - - - 5
Research Questions - - - - - - - - 5
Scope of the Study - - - - - - - 6
CHAPTER TWO: REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE
The Development of Safety Standard in Nigeria - - - 7
Measures to be taken to Reduce Accident in Technical workshop - 8
Type of accident that Commonly Occur in Technical workshop - 13
Strategies for Enforcement of Safety in Technical workshop - 14
Summary of review of Related Literature - - - - 16
CHAPTER THREE: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY AND PROCEDURE
Research design - - - - - - - - 18
Area of the study - - - - - - - - 18
Population - - - - - - - - - 19
Sample and sampling technique - - - - - - 19
Instrument for data collection - - - - - - 19
Validation of the instrument - - - - - - 21
Reliability of the instrument - - - - - - 21
Method of data collection - - - - - - - 21
Method for data analysis - - - - - - - 22
CHAPTER FOUR: Presentation and analysis of data - - 23
CHAPTER FIVE: SUMMARY CONCLUSION AND RECOMMENDATION
Restatement of the Problem - - - - - - - 27
Summary of Procedure - - - - - - - 27
Major findings - - - - - - - - - 28
Implication of the Finding - - - - - - - 29
Conclusion - - - - - - - - - 29
Recommendations - - - - - - - - 31
Suggestion for further Research - - - - - 32
Limitation of the Study - - - - - - - 32
References - - - - - - - - - 33
Strategies for improving the implementation of Safety Practices in Technical Workshop/Laboratory in Technical College Malali Kaduna was carried out using four research questions to guide the study. The study was carried out in a Technical College and the research design adopted was a descriptive survey design. The population of the study consists of 42 respondents made up to 30 students of Technical College and 12 technical teachers including heads of department. While purposeful sampling technique was used to draw a sample of 30 students and 12 teachers including the head of department. A structure questionnaire was used to collect data for the study and the instrument was personally collected by the researchers and mean statistic was employed to analyze data relating to the research questions. Based on the findings of the study, it was recommended that: students should be more careful while working in Technical workshops. School Management should ensure that tools and equipment are adequately maintained in the workshop. of technical colleges New students should be giving safety orientation before they start using the Technical Workshop and equipment.
Background of the Study
It is an indisputable fact that where ever work is done with machine or hand tools there is likely had of accident occurring causing injuries to people, damages to machine, tools and materials in such a work place. Alake, (1998) . This accident may be caused by the workers act or omissions, in technical schools workshops/laboratory being equipped with a variety of tools and machine for teaching and learning process.
These schools full of young people with much hope need to be protected and prevented from engaging in acts capable of causing accidents. As a result, safety rules and regulation must be devised and enforced for their smooth interaction and operation. They should be encouraged in any way deemed feasible to observe these rules and regulations. This safe working habit if imbibed in Technical schools workshop would even help them to apply some in situation outside the School environment. As such, some of these rules and regulations have been carefully analyzed in this project as personal safety, safety at the bench, safety on machines and general Technical workshop safety which there is every believe that it would be of immense importance to Technical Schools personnel. Remember, it is better to be safe anywhere anytime than to be sorry as people would choose to sympathize with victims of accidents even when the victims are the cause of such accidents. Alake, (1998)
According to Sara (2004) accident is an unexpected event that occurs resulting to interruption of the completion of activity. Accidents have serious effect upon the individual worker equipment, materials and production output. It causes significant loss of time to the establishment, working hours and time to attend to the victim. Jain (2008) pointed out that accident effect the family of its victim causing on anxiety] to members. It became worst if the accident is fatal and result to death of its victim, his skills is lost forever, his family is indirectly broken up, and his place in the Technical workshop/laboratory may take some time or years To be filled by a substitute This increases a burden on the establishment where he worked and the society at large.
Onuash 2004 stated that safety consciousness includes attitude or industrial awareness of hazard and danger in handling tools, equipment and materials so as to avoid accident in Technical workshop.
However accident can be avoided by taking certain measures of safety precautions, the concern of this investigation is to assess the extent to which safety practices are being carried out by technical student in general Technical workshop/laboratory in Technical Colleges in Kaduna Inspectorate.
Statement of the Problem
The implementation of safety practice in workshop/laboratory in Technical Colleges in Kaduna Inspectorate is poor, considering the rate of awareness and knowledge of safety itself.
Despite the level of precautions taken there seem to be loop holes in the implementation of safety precaution in Technical workshop/laboratory.
Improper implementation of safety precaution in Technical workshops/laboratory can be very hazardous leading to even loss of life. Inadequate implementation of safety precaution causes damages to workshop/laboratory equipments and machines as well as cause Injury to persons.
Onuaha (2004) described carelessness of students as one of the common factors that contribute to accidents in the Technical workshop resulting to injuries of various degree and damages to individual’s equipment and tools.
Abdullahi (2004) conformed that lack of adequate maintenance do contribute to the causes of injuries in the Technical workshop.
Purpose of the Study
The purpose of the study is specifically to:
1. Investigate the causes of accident in the Technical workshop in Technical Colleges In Kaduna Inspectorate.
2. Examine the types of accidents and their frequency of occurrence in the Technical workshop/laboratory.
3. Identify the measures that could be taken to reduce the rate of accident in Technical workshop /laboratory
4. Ascertain the strategies to be adopted to improve student’s obedience to safety enforcement in the Technical workshop /laboratory.
Significance of the Study
The finding of this study will be of immense benefit to the students of the Technical College to understand the importance of rules and regulations because it will assist them in the Technical workshop/laboratory. The students of Technical Colleges should obey safety rules and regulation in Technical workshop/laboratory that will reduce accidents. The Technical workshop/laboratory instructors would benefit from the study since there are strategies that could be adopted to improve safety enforcement in the Technical workshop/laboratory.
Educational researchers would also benefit from the study since it provides more researchable recommendations.
Student will benefit from this study, by providing guidelines for obeying rules and regulations in Technical workshop/laboratory.
The following research questions were formulated to guide the study:
1. What are the causes of accident in Technical workshop/laboratory of Technical Colleges in Kaduna Inspectorate?
2. What is the nature of accident that frequently occurs in Technical workshop/laboratory of Technical Colleges in Kaduna Inspectorate?
3. How can accidents are reduced in Technical workshop/laboratory of Technical Colleges in Kaduna Inspectorate.
4. What are the strategies to be adopted in improving student’s obedience to safety enforcement in the Technical workshop/laboratory?
Scope of the Study
The study will be conducted in Technical College Malali Kaduna Inspectorate. It is limited to the safety practices in the Workshop/Laboratory of this College.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ICT LITERACY ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN KADUNA» ABSTRACT The research is designed to study the impact of information communication technology (ICT) literacy on the academic achievement of some secon...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study concerned with the effect of Social Media on Academic Performance of Secondary School Students” with a specific focus on Ilobu Co...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON EDUCATIONAL ASPIRATIONS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This study was aimed at examining the influence of family background on educational aspirations of secondary school students in Uyo Local Gov...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF CONTRACEPTIVE PATRONAGE AND RISK INVOLVEMENT AMONG FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ (A CASE STUDY AKOKO AREA OF ONDO STATE)» ABSTRACT The study investigated the effect contraceptives patronage and risk involvement among female students in selected secondary schools in Akoko ...Continue Reading »
5. A SURVEY OF STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT IN MECHANICAL CRAFT PRACTICE IN NATIONAL TECHNICAL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KATSINA STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page Declaration Approval page Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 background of the study 1.2 s...Continue Reading »
6. TEACHER'S COMPETENCE AND EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF ACCOUNTING IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN YENAGOA, BAYELSA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In a study earlier conducted, it was observed that educators in Nigeria have forgotten the import...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM ON THE ADMINISTRATION EFFECTIVENESS OF PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the impact of management information system on administrative effectiveness in primary schools in Gboko Local Governmen...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF LABORATORY PRACTICAL ON SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN SS2 BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study According to Oxford Advance Learners dictionary (2001), “impact” means (1) A change produced ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Classroom Management is about creation of positive learning environments. But the concept of posi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background of the study The demand for instance result is seeping into every corner of our live. This is basically the diseas...Continue Reading »