Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Home economics according to Encyclopedia (2008) is a profession and field of study that deals with the profession of economics and management of the home and community. It is a field of study built upon many discipline for the purpose of achieving and maintaining the welfare of the home.
According to (Uzoezie 1990) it is taught in secondary schools and in adult education centers; student include women and men.
According to WikiPedia (2010). Home Economics is a field of formal study including such topics as consumer education. Institution Management interior decoration, Home furnishing, clearing hand crafts, clothing and textiles, nutrition, food preservation, hygiene, child development, money management and family relationship. However sex education and drug awareness might also be cowered along with this topic such as food production.The home economics programme in Anyakoha and Eluwa (1991) is however divided into four areas
i. Clothing and textiles.
ii. Home management
iii. Food and Nutrition
iv. Child development and care.
Each component is taught in tertiary institutions subjects with the basic concern on Home Economics remains applicable to each of the four programmes. Home Economics prepares students for home making or professional career or assist in preparing to fulfill real-life responsibilities at home. In the field of human science, Home Economics is a discipline to achieve a sustainable living for individuals, families and communities.
Historically, Home Economics has been in the context of the home and household but this has extended in the 21st century include the wider living environment as we better understand that; choice and peritonitis of individuals and families impact at all levels, ranging from the household to local and global community (Wikipedia 2010).
Home Economists are concerned in promoting and protecting the welfare of individuals’ families and communities, they facilitates the development of attributes for long life learning, for paid, unpaid and voluntary work.
Traditionally, research reveals that the number of women enrolment into Home Economics exceeds that of men and there has been poor enrolment of male students into the department of home economics in tertiary institutions, this among other things the fact that home economics classes in the 19th century were intended to grown women for their duties in the home.It is in this context, that the researcher’s wishes to access the poor enrolment of male student into Home Economics in tertiary institutions using Enugu state college of Education Technical Enugu as case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Home Economics is an interdisciplinary course, housing the following branches of academics study such as food and nutrition personal finance family resources management, textile and clothing, shelter and housing management and hospitality human development and family studies, Hotel management and hospitality, design and technology education and community services among others Haro (1992).
Despite the importance of the interdisciplinary knowledge provided by home economics which is essential because of the phenomena and challenges of day today activities and worries of life. Tertiary institutions are faced with the problem of poor enrolment of male students into the department of Home Economics and this would undergo the need for an investigation study.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to assess the poor enrolment of male students into home economics in tertiary institutions with references to Enugu state College of Education (Technical) ESCET, Enugu.
The Findings are:-
i. That there has been poor enrolment of male student in the profession especially in Enugu State College of Education (Technical) ESCET, Enugu.
ii. That male student sees the profession likened to female course as one of the major problems.
iii. The possible means of the multiple enrolment of the male student into the profession need a highly convincing enlighten.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there has been no poor enrolment of male student in the profession especially in Enugu State College of Education (Technical) ESCET, Enugu.
H1: there has been poor enrolment of male student in the profession especially in Enugu State College of Education (Technical) ESCET, Enugu
H02: male student does not see the profession likened to female course as one of the major problem
H2:male student see the profession likened to female course as one of the major problem
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work will be relevant to the management of Enugu state College of Education (Technical) Enugu it will also be beneficial to other institutions that offers Home Economics in Nigeria.
Furthermore, it will be of great importance to Home Economics career potentials and future researchers on the issue of poor enrolment of male students into Home Economics.
This empirical study is guaranteed to the researchers since it is a potential requirement for the award of national College of Education in Home Economics the study will also be introduce to THE need FOR the study and society at large.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research work focuses, particularly on the poor enrolment of the male students into Home Economics in tertiary institution using ESCET, Enugu state as a case study.The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
CAUSES: A reason for an action or condition: motive; something that brings about an effect or a result cause in a sentence
ENROLLMENT:The total number of students properly registered and/or attending classes at a school (see List of largest universities by enrollment) Concurrent enrolment, the process in which high school students enroll at a university or college usually to attain college credit.
ECONOMIC: Economics is "a social science concerned chiefly with description and analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services". Economics focuses on the behavior and interactions of economic agents and how economies work
TERTIARY:Tertiary education, also referred to as third stage, third level, and post-secondary education, is the educational level following the completion of a school
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. TEACHERS’ ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE TEACHING OF CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISIALA MBANO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF IMO STATE» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at investigating teacher attitude towards the teaching of citizenship education in secondary schools in Isiala Mbano Loca...Continue Reading »
2. THE LEVEL OF COMPUTER LITERACY AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN EZZA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» Abstract The study investigates the level of computer literacy among secondary school teachers in Ezza North local government area of Ebonyi state. Fo...Continue Reading »
3. PRINCIPAL COMPONENT ANALYSIS OF STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN ANAMBRA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF BAPTIST SECONDARY SCHOOL ONITSHA, ANAMBRA STATE).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. 0 INTRODUCTION When the casual relationship between dependent variable and independent variable have to be explained and i...Continue Reading »
4. THE KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE OF CONTRACEPTION AMONG MALE ADOLESCENT STUDENTS OF COLLEGE OF EDUCATION» TABLE OF CONTENTS Declaration Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Table of Contents List of Tables List of Figures Abbreviations Abstract Definit...Continue Reading »
5. SOCIO ECONOMIC VARIABLES INFLUENCE ON STUDENTS’ CHOICE OF CAREER IN EKEREMOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BAYELSA STATE» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to determine socio economic variables that influence students’ choice of career in Sagbama Local Governme...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Immorality today, it has been observed, is increasing on a daily bases. Ethics as a way of ordere...Continue Reading »
7. SKILLS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF MOBILE, ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORK TEACHERS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE IN KATSINA ZONE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the study Technical and vocational education could be defined as those aspects of education process involving in ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Since the general public cannot be in all places at the same time, journalists through the me...Continue Reading »
9. RADIO LISTENING HABITS OF STUDENTS IN THE HIGHER INSTITUTION IN KADUNA STATE IN RELATION TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMME GENRES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.0 Background to the study Radio in the society over the years has provided and is still providing a readily available cha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Deviant behaviour can be defined as not keeping to the rules or norms of the society, or the scho...Continue Reading »