Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this research is to investigate and find out the school factors that affect teaching and learning English language at primary level. It constitute for the students’ success or failure in studying English. The research also attempted to know those things which students lack in school which caused them to have poor performance in English as well as how good and modern techniques of teaching contribute to the success of the students.
The research is design by using questionnaires and observation. However, 27 questionnaires were distributed in three different primary schools and were successfully returned. The first section revealed the information about the learner’s age, sex and tribe etc.; while the second section, contain pupils responses based on their teachers’ activities and their environmental experience.
Finally, the research also present recommendations and suggestions about the factors that affect teaching and learning English at primary level such as the use of instructional materials/aid, use of modern techniques/methodology of teaching and learning environment.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
English language was introduced in Nigeria in the earlier, 19th century by British colonial masters. English language as a second language in Nigeria has played a role in Nigeria which could be seen in an education, government, business, commerce, media and most of internal and external communication. Above all, English language has played the role of the language of political unity.
In recent research, English has rated as the world most popular language which is characterized by active communication from one continent to another, especially by indigenous owners of the language. Today, formal education in Nigeria has been taking place through the use of English language as a medium of instruction, despite the importance of English language; there are many factors that affect teaching and learning English language over the years, particularly northern Nigeria. As result, most been done by researchers on those factors which affect teaching and learning English language at primary level. It is very important to emphasize here that the use of teaching materials/aid and use of instructional techniques/methods as well as the teaching and learning environment. Those factors have greatly affected teaching and learning English language to the pupils of primary level.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
English as a subject at primary level keeps moving with some important factors such as the use of instructional techniques/methods, use of instructional materials/aid and the teaching and learning environment as well.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Reading is an essential tool for lifelong learning. It is important for everyone to develop the r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Admission of students into secondary school places on the schools the responsibility for providing th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project give a summary of the entire research study which was designed to find out the way and the way forward in the effect of sexually...Continue Reading »
4. ASSESSMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS APPLIED BY PRINCIPALS OF SCHOOLS OF NURSING IN THE SOUTH EAST ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Principals of schools of nursing are confronted with situations that involve a lot of communication.The aim of the study therefore was to ass...Continue Reading »
5. THE CAUSES OF POOR ENROLLMENT OF MALE STUDENT INTO HOME ECONOMICS DEPARTMENT IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyHome economics according to Encyclopedia (2008) is a profession and field of study that deals with t...Continue Reading »
6. A STUDY ON THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECOND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The relevance of education in the upbringing of children can not be overemphasized. Since the childre...Continue Reading »
7. HEALTH EFFECT OF STREET HAWKING AMONG CHILDREN A CASE STUDY OF TUDUN WADA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity o...Continue Reading »
8. INFLUENCE OF MOTHER TONGUE ON CHILDREN’S LEARNING ABILITIES AMONG NURSERY SCHOOL PUPILS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» Abstract The purpose of the study was to investigate the influence of mother tongue on children’s learning abilities in English language in Kadu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Academic result serves as feedback on the assessment of students performance on subject or course...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The increasing rate of juvenile delinquency has become a major social problem globally and locally. Researchers and concerned individuals hav...Continue Reading »