Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Film is a series of moving picture recorded with sound that tells a story, shown on the television or at the Cinema. As part of Mass Communication, it involves the use of vision and sound (audio-visual) in transmitting and disseminating its messages. The messages can be used in educating, informing, entertaining and socializing its target audience. One of the most debated aspects of film is extent to which violence of the film influences social behaviour. Also there has been scant scientific evidence to prove causal relationships such as one between violence of film and increase in crime rate. However, from the earliest days of medium, adults have expressed concern about the influence of film on the youth. Parent have shown anxiety about the influence of violence of film on youth, since at that age, a child’s social adjustment or mental health is affected. A cursory look shows that so many films are full of vices like shooting, killing and harassment. It was therefore, the aim of this study to show a nexus between the rising rate of crime amongst youth and that of film violence viewer sly in Enugu urban. Nollywood is the name attributed to Nigeria's movie industry. By definition it is Nigeria's movie industry by Nigerian production teams for the Nigerian people. Nollywood has over the years become a world phenomenon, as its movies are being sold in Ghana, Togo, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa as well as Jamaica, USA and the UK to name a few. Now the name itself had caused a bit of a protest in the earlier days, as a lot of Nigerians felt it was imported and derived from Hollywood and Bollywood. (Not really a bad feat as these is the two heavy weights in the movie industry internationally) There was also that little issue of the name being coined by a foreigner, some didn't like it, but the good thing is that Nollywood as a name has moved far beyond these earlier hiccups, no-one actually thinks twice about the origin of the name today. It has become accepted that Nollywood applies to the Nigerian Movie Industry.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The boom in home Nollywood productions and the corresponding audience interest have attracted a lot of attention to the sector. There is hardly any newspaper in Nigeria that does not devote space to this phenomenon. A lot has been written on the technical quality and aesthetics of the home video productions. The slants of the comments have always been against the emphasis on sex, violence, fetishism and other negative tendencies. Similarly, the production quality of these films has also been severely criticized.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
This study is aimed at the following
The main aim of this study is to analyze the influence of Nollywood on lifestyle of youths in enugu urban area
1. To ascertain the film-type and content that has mega true impact on the youth.
2. To find out the rate of influence by violence film
3. To ascertain the efforts of the film censorship Commission to find a lasting solution to the problem of film violence on the youth.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: Youth who watch Nollywoods on television are affected by the messages.
H1: Youth who watch Nollywoods on television are not affected by the message
H02: The film censorship commission of Nigeria is taken some effective measure to reduce the effect of Nollywoods on the youth
H2: the film censorship commission of Nigeria is not taken any effective measure to reduce the effect of Nollywoods on the youth.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study is very important in many aspects because the future of Nigeria is in the hands of youth who are being destroyed by the violence they are exposed to on films. Also if there groups is protected by regulating what they view or produce, it focus the mind of youth towards things that will bring peace and progress to the nation.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers influence of nollywood on lifestyle of youth. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
EFFECT:- Change in attitude and behavior in individual, as a result of expert to persuasive message carried by the mass media.
FILM:- Moving picture of real event shown for example on television
YOUTH:- A young human being from the time of birth to the completion of body development
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the role of early childhood education in the implementation of sustainable development goals using Fede...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Electricity which is a form of energy resulting from the existence of charged particles, such as ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study There has been increasing interest in introducing innovations such as Information and Communication Tec...Continue Reading »
4. FINANCIAL STRATEGY AS SUPPORT DETERMINANT FOR THE AVOIDANCE AND RESOLUTION OF DISTRESS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACT The banking sector is the bedrock of the Nigerian economy, and this industry is known to have contributed in no small measure to the developm...Continue Reading »
5. Perception of business education student on relevance of entrepreneurship education at collage of education» Abstract The purpose of entrepreneurial training as stipulated by the European Commission 2008, among others include; raising awareness of students ab...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The purpose of this study was to determine the career aspirations of students in rural and urban schools. The population included student fro...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE : INTRODUC...Continue Reading »
8. SCHOOL DISCIPLINE AND ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS (A CASE STUDY OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF AKWA IBOM STATE» ABSTRACT This study determined the influence of discipline on academic achievement of students in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. The va...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The importance of education to the development of individual and the nation as a whole cannot be over emphasized. This research project is th...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF FACTORS PRIMARY SCHOOL RESPONSIBLE FOR THE POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC IN GWAGWALADA AREA COUNCIL ABUJA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Poor academic performance according to Aremu (2003) is a performance that is adjudged by the exam...Continue Reading »