Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study investigated indiscipline among secondary school Students in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. The study adopted a survey research design in the study. The population of the study was 3000 students. The sample for this study was 180 respondents. Twenty four (24) SS2 students from each of the six schools and five teachers from each of the chosen schools were randomly selected. A total number of 144 students and 30 teachers plus all the six principals to make a grand total of 180 respondents were used as the sample size for the study. A self—developed questionnaire was used to generate data for the study. The study was guided by four research questions. A test-retest procedure was used in determining the reliability of the instrument, SA strongly agree = 4, Agree = 3, Disagree = 2, Strongly Disagree using Pearson’s product moment correlation coefficient, which yielded 0.75 correlation coefficient. Mean statistics was used in answering formulated research questions. The findings revealed that curriculum content, parental training, teachers/school administration and students are causes of indiscipline among secondary school students in Ohaukwu L.G.A of Ebonyi State. It was also found that cultism, indecent dressing, lack of respect to school authorities and examination malpractice contribute to lack of discipline among secondary school students in Ohaukwu L.G.A of Ebonyi State. From the findings the study recommended that teachers should be well trained, and also made to understand that as role models they should show good examples. The Government should also provide adequate security and learning facilities to students and staff to enable them work well.
Background to the Study
Indiscipline is one of the major problems hindering the normal development of youths in the society especially students in post primary schools. Indiscipline as it concerns achievement of educational goals, has received a lot of attention.
Edem (2001)states that indiscipline is the violation of school rules and regulations which is capable of obstructing the smooth and orderly functioning of the school system should be consequently avoided through perfect orientation of students and imposition of positive sanction in case of obvious violation of the order.
Indiscipline is the inability of students and/or teachers to respect authority observe and obey school rules and regulations. It is also a social disorder which hampers a high standard of behaviour conducive to maintenance of teaching learning process.
Nwanna (2005) carried out a study of the major offences committed by students in some schools in the Western region and found that some of the most frequently committed offences include stealing, lying, bulling, lateness to school, rioting, cruelty, absence and truancy.
Soya (2006) in his study found that students these days
block the school entrance thereby preventing others, the principal and staff gaining entrance into the school premises. Such was another form of indiscipline behavior exhibited by youths these days. This act is termed socially as maladjusted. Some of the disciplinary measures adopted by the various school authorities are canning, suspension, manual labor, expulsion, deprivation of privileges etc.
Indiscipline is like a cankerworm that has eaten deep into the fabrics of the society. It breeds lawlessness and lawlessness brings crime, and consequently self-destruction. Indiscipline in schools contributes to lack of success in one’s life, if allowed to linger on for a long time. It is in this view of the above that the researcher was moved to carry out this study.
Statement of the Problem
Anchored on the fact that indiscipline among secondary school students in Ohaukwu Local Government area caused problems such as cruelty, rioting, bullying, lateness to school, truancy etc.
The source of indiscipline among secondary school students is an educational
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Physical and health education has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of ...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEACHERS MOTIVATION AND ATTITUDE TO WORK AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN YOBE STATE: A CASE STUDY OF PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS, YOB...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Teachers are very important in the developing the future of student and the academic sector in Ni...Continue Reading »
3. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF EXAM MALPRACTICES IN SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Examination malpractice has become a normal occurrence among students world over, but more worris...Continue Reading »
4. EFFECT OF POLITICAL INSTABILITY ON IMPLEMENTATION OF NIGERIA POLICY ON SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The problem of political instability on implementation of Nigeria policy on secondary education canno...Continue Reading »
5. ADMINISTRATORS SUPERVISORY SKILLS AND TEACHERS JOB PERFORMANCE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ABA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ABIA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study The importance of Administrators’ Supervisory stalls in Secondary School in Aba municipalit...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF STRATEGIES TO ENHANCE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ECONOMICS IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN AWGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study One of the fundamental rights for every human being is education. Education prepares the individual f...Continue Reading »
7. HUMAN RESOURCES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PUBLIC SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN EDUCATION» ABSTRACT This study investigated human resources and students’ academic performance in public senior secondary schools in Education District IV of L...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS ON CAREER ASPIRATION AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study This study examines the effects of socio economic status on the career as...Continue Reading »
9. EXAMINATION OF PARENTAL ATTITUDES TOWARDS THE EDUCATION OF THE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGE CHILDREN IN ARGUNGU LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KEBBI STATE» ABSTRACT This research, is concern with the examination of parental attitudes towards the education of the physically challenged children in Argungu l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Alcohol is a psychoactive drug that has a depressant effect. People have been brewing and fermenting ...Continue Reading »