Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Nigerians are confronted with an environment that is rapidly changing and the time spent on non-academic activities has negatively impacted academic performance. This survey investigates the contribution of time spent on the internet by students to academic achievement. The performance of students’ overtime has witnessed a constant depreciation. Many scholars see this as a direct consequence of governments neglect on education; some others say the students should share a large part of the blame. There is no doubt that spending time on the internet helps to improve ones intelligent quotient and ultimately make one conversant with happenings around him/her but doing this to the detriment of one’s studies has done more harm than good in our society. Ezeife 2008 opined that for students to be able to do academically well, they have spent little or no time on the internet. But doing this according to oluwatobi 2013 could as well be detrimental to students’ academic performance. it is no longer news that Nigerian students have so taken to the internet that do spend little or no time in their studies and these have to the decline of education in Nigeria. In sum, this study may help to develop a conceptual framework for guiding efforts to improve academic performance, as it relates to time used on the internet.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Internet is one of the best invention in the history of mankind but the educational sector is seeing both the good and bad side of internet. The bad side could be seen in the areas where students spend several hours on the internet doing thing that may not improve their academic performance. Most of them watch movies online instead downloading academic journal for study. Secondly there have been series of studies on the internet but not even single study has been carried out on a regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to carry out a regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to determine the effect of hours spent on the internet on the academic performance of students
2. to determine the relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students
3. to investigate on other factors affecting the academic performance of students
4. to proffer solution to the above problems
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the effect of hours spent on the internet on the academic performance of students?
2. What is the relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students?
3. What are other factors affecting the academic performance of students?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students
H1: there is a significant relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students will be of immense benefit to statistics students; the study will determine the relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students and also serve as a repository of information to other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students will cover for one academic year
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Job satisfaction describes the feelings attitudes or preference of individuals regarding work. It...Continue Reading »
2. PERCEPTION OF PRE-MARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP AMONG STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS(CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ABRAKA)» ABSTRACT This study focuses on the "Perception of premarital sex among students in higher education The challenges of sex before marriage have drawn c...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTNursing education, including the individual nurse educator, has a responsibility to society and to students for providing quality education, f...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on strategies for improving low academic performances in English language in secondary school. The total population for the stu...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON ACHIEVEMENT AND RETENTION OF BIOLOGY CONCEPTS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT This study investigated effects of instructional materials on the academic achievement and retention of SS 2 biology students in Delta State....Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is widely believed that students can acquire better academic benefits from living in a decent ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The incessant happenings of commercial sex work has given serious concern to the government, parents, health workers and the society. The cau...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Education is yet the greatest power man has developed either for his continued progress or eventual d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Audio visual material is crucial to teaching and learning processes. A dedicated classroom teacher fe...Continue Reading »
10. HOME BACKGROUND VARIABLES AND GIRL-CHILD PREGNANCY AMONG STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This research study was to investigate “home background variables and girl child pregnancy among student in Uyo local Government Area, ...Continue Reading »