Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Nigerians are confronted with an environment that is rapidly changing and the time spent on non-academic activities has negatively impacted academic performance. This survey investigates the contribution of time spent on the internet by students to academic achievement. The performance of students’ overtime has witnessed a constant depreciation. Many scholars see this as a direct consequence of governments neglect on education; some others say the students should share a large part of the blame. There is no doubt that spending time on the internet helps to improve ones intelligent quotient and ultimately make one conversant with happenings around him/her but doing this to the detriment of one’s studies has done more harm than good in our society. Ezeife 2008 opined that for students to be able to do academically well, they have spent little or no time on the internet. But doing this according to oluwatobi 2013 could as well be detrimental to students’ academic performance. it is no longer news that Nigerian students have so taken to the internet that do spend little or no time in their studies and these have to the decline of education in Nigeria. In sum, this study may help to develop a conceptual framework for guiding efforts to improve academic performance, as it relates to time used on the internet.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Internet is one of the best invention in the history of mankind but the educational sector is seeing both the good and bad side of internet. The bad side could be seen in the areas where students spend several hours on the internet doing thing that may not improve their academic performance. Most of them watch movies online instead downloading academic journal for study. Secondly there have been series of studies on the internet but not even single study has been carried out on a regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The main aim of the research work is to carry out a regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students. Other specific objectives of the study are:
1. to determine the effect of hours spent on the internet on the academic performance of students
2. to determine the relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students
3. to investigate on other factors affecting the academic performance of students
4. to proffer solution to the above problems
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The study came up with research questions so as to ascertain the above stated objectives of the study. The research questions for the study are:
1. What is the effect of hours spent on the internet on the academic performance of students?
2. What is the relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students?
3. What are other factors affecting the academic performance of students?
1.5 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
H0: there is no significant relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students
H1: there is a significant relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
The study on regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students will be of immense benefit to statistics students; the study will determine the relationship between hours spent on the internet and the academic performance of students and also serve as a repository of information to other researchers that desire to carry out similar research on the above topic.
1.7 SCOPE OF STUDY
The study on regression analysis of hours spent on the internet and academic performance of students will cover for one academic year
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF MODELS AND CHARTS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN BASIC SCIENCE IN CALABAR MUNICIPALITY, CROSS RIVER STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The development of Basic Science and Technology as a subject area occurred in Nigeria in the late...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 524 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The study concerned with the effect of Social Media on Academic Performance of Secondary School Students” with a specific focus on Ilobu Co...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 610 hits | Source: EDUCATION
3. THE USE OF MULTIMEDIA IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE)» ABSTRACT This project work has looked into the use of multi media in teaching and learning of computer science, a case study of Oredo local government...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 657 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. THE ANATOMICAL RAGE OF VARIATION SEEN IN THE ANTHROPOMETRY OF THE EAR AMONG IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY OKADA STUDENTS BETWEEN AGE 16-35» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Roebuck et al noted that anthropometric data varies considerably for individuals within a family or a nation a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 493 hits | Source: EDUCATION
5. THE EFFECT OF SOCIAL MEDIA ON STUDENTS LEARNING OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES (A CASE STUDY OF KANKE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF PLATEAU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The advent of social media amongst the average Nigerian youth has been on a steady increase not ...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 211 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» Abstract The study examined the relationship between perception and attitudes of 640 students toward school counseling and the distribution along sex,...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 54 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. TEACHING METHODS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SS2 STUDENTS IN GOVERNMENT IN IBIONO IBOM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The primary purpose of teaching at any level of education is to bring a fundamental change in the lea...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 270 hits | Source: EDUCATION
8. AN INVESTIGATIVE STUDY OF THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF EARLY MOTHERHOOD IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF EJIGBO OSUN STATE)» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to investigate the causes and problems of early motherhood in Ejigbo metropolis, Osun State. Related literature...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 177 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN NIGERIAN MOTHER-IN-LAW AND THEIR DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A mother in law is the mother of your spouse which could either be the mother of your wife or hus...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 231 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Since the general public cannot be in all places at the same time, journalists through the me...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 603 hits | Source: EDUCATION