Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English language in some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. To find solution to the problems which gave to undertaking the survey questionnaires were raised to check the availability use and the attitude of teachers towards audio/visual aids in language teaching in the selected secondary school in the local government areas of study. From the findings it was discovered that audio/visual aids are not available in schools therefore teachers teach the various language skills without the required basic aids. Recommendations were therefore made to the appropriate authorities to provide and maintain audio/visual aids in the teaching of English language so as to enhance the promotion of learning among pupils towards improved yearly performance and daily use.
Teaching and learning activities are interesting when instructional materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classroom-teaching situation. It is necessary for the teacher in the learning of English in Nigeria to use visual aid material as instructional tools in order to make their teaching more interesting that is to arouse the learning interest, sustain their attention for effective learning. But the problem in many secondary schools in OSUN State as else where in Nigeria is that of the instructional material like audio/visuals are not available and even where they are, the teachers do not use them effectively.
The reason for this attitude may be because teachers engage themselves in so many other relevant or irrelevant activities. The desire and haste of some teacher to cover the syllabus or scheme of work instead of making their teaching more meaningful and imparting. Often time some teaching goals depend on material for planning and utilization of instructional material for some teacher the production of instructional material is only for passing their examination the training college and not for actual use in the classroom.
There is also problem of non-availability of audio/visual for which teachers alone may not be blamed. The heads often do not motivate the teacher in terms of providing instructional materials.
Furthermore, most school lack of funds and as a result, they find it difficult to purchase the required audio/visual aid.
Generally, failure to use audio/visual material in the teaching of English language result in lack of interest among student in learning activities which affect performance in school and pupils not being able to assimilate lesson at their own rate and pace.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The secondary aim of this study is finding out all about the use of visual aid in teaching of English language in some selected secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area, Osun State.
It is observed that most teacher of Social studies in the secondary school does not use audio/visual aid to promote learning of this crucial subject.
For the purpose of this study, the following questions were posed.
1. Are audio/visual aid provided for use in the teaching of English language in school?
2. Is it through the government provision that the aid are made available, or is it the school authority concerned that make the provision?
DELIMITATION OF THE SCOPE OF STUDY
This study was conducted in selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area Osun State. For out of all the schools were randomly selected and the schools include.
a. Iwo road grammar school gbongon .
b. Oduduwa grammar school Ile Ife.
c. Anglican secondary commercial grammar school Ile Ife St peter.
d. Anglican grammar school Ile Ife Gbongon Odeomum Grammar School.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some of the limitation which researcher had to content with in the course of carrying out the study are as follows.
Lack of adequate finance to the project of a satisfactory level of interest.
Inadequate time to cover more number of schools as the available time had the constraint of mainstream course work lecture attendance.
Inadequate source of material for review for owing to non-availability of time to extend the scope of research for such more enriching materials.
In the school under investigation, there was on readily expected cooperation, forth coming from the respective school staff.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this project work is to identify the following.
1. Making teaching and learning more interesting and giving student opportunity to participate.
2. Examining the effect of audio/visual aid material in student’s performance.
3. Identify some of the problem, which inhibit the use of audio/visual materials.
4. Offering suggestion on how effectively and efficiently to with the use of audio/visual material.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to examine the importance of audio/visual aid in the teaching of reading English language in secondary schools.
This study will aid in spelling pronunciation and fluency of student in reading
It will suggest meaningful way of handing the aid to bring about positive change in the student-reading pattern. It will also help to suggest relevant aid to be used for each of the class concerned it will as well suggest areas and how to make the aid available to the school that are lacking.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN PRINCIPALS LEADERSHIP STYLE AND JOB SATISFACTION OF TEACHERS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN BENIN METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to Study The quality of Educational outcome is the product of effective and efficient utilization of human, materi...Continue Reading »
2. INFLUENCE OF E-LEARNING FACILITIES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study E learning is the act of taking a course online using a modem, wireless, or cable connection to ...Continue Reading »
3. MECHANISMS FOR IMPROVING IMPROVISATION AMONG TEACHERS OF BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN KADUNA INSPECTORATE DIVISION» ABSTRACT The study sought to assess the mechanism for improving improvisation among teachers of basic technology in secondary school in Kaduna inspect...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Social Studies was introduced in the Nigerian School Curriculum as part of the instrument for ach...Continue Reading »
5. SCHOOL LIBRARIES AS AN EFFECTIVE INSTRUMENT FOR ACHIEVING ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE A CASE STUDY OF SCHOOLS IN OWERRI TOWN» ABSTRACT This project work is on the “school library as an effective instrument for academic excellence of schools on Owerri town”. The ai...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction In western society, with rare exception, attending school and being influenced by teachers for good or ill is a universal exp...Continue Reading »
7. PERCEIVED DIFFICULTIES OF SOME BIOLOGICAL CONCEPT BY SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN THE STUDY OF SOME BIOLOGICAL CONCEPT» Biology is basic for understanding the complexities of life. This aspect of science for example, genetically making significant contribution such as g...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL WORKERS IN AN HOSPITAL (A CASE STUDY OF PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, USELU, BENIN CITY)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY There are many notions of what the role of a social worker should be; we identify the more preval...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISED VIOLENCE ON SOCIOEMOTIONAL AND ACADEMIC ADJUSTMENT OF STUDENTS IN FEDERAL TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The major focus of this study is to assess the influence of television violence on socio emotional and adjustment of student of federal terti...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF GENDER DISCRIMINATION ON WOMEN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (A STUDY OF SEVEN-UP BOTTLING COMPANY, IKEJA LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study In recent decades, there have been large gains, no doubt in comparable levels, in basic rights an...Continue Reading »