Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 71 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1 - 5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis, Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
This study examined the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching of chemistry in some selected secondary school in Edo State a case study of Oredo LGA. Though, many people would agree that there is an observable fall in standard of education in Edo State especially some selected secondary school in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. Nobody in his wildest imagination would have believed that secondary schools in Edo State has fallen to an abysmally low level as Nigeria education observer study came up with a report that in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria has degenerated in the past ten (10) years.
This was reported as one of the lead headlines in the vanguard Newspaper, one of the Nigeria’s major daily newspapers quoted the educational observer sponsored study that; the teachers in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria are poorly trained on the use of teaching aids, unproductive on the job and inadequate teaching aids most especially chemistry. According to this report, the poor performance of teachers in some selected secondary schools in Edo State of Nigeria; poor mastery of chemistry sas a subject and lack of requisite technical aids skills. It was ascertained in the report that the deficiencies in both vital areas.
Through the study may have identified major areas of the decline in the actual problem may have its roots at secondary school level. For it is at secondary school level that the potential student is given adequate foundation in the use of teaching aids in teaching chemistry ads science subject. A mastery of writing and understanding chemistry is highly desirable, yet its teaching and learning is beset by a myriad of problems at the secondary school level (Kolawole, 1998).
- PROBLEM OF THE STUDY
Majority of the teachers who employed into some selected secondary schools in Edo State have no ample opportunity to learned chemistry through the help of teaching aids their educational levels, some of those teachers who are employed to teach students in some selected secondary schools in Edo State, didn’t qualified to that teaching job.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
This research would enlighten individuals on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in secondary school in Edo State. To explore the numbers of ways people can benefit from programmed together with a view of knowing the merit and demerit. And also to ensure that the people practice the principle of using teaching aids and learning chemistry and how to stop the illiterate in use of chemistry in Nigeria population.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The essence of this work is to create awareness to the general public on the problems and prospects of using teaching aids in teaching chemistry in Edo State and also a way of helping them understand the required observation in keeping the rules and regulation of teaching and learning chemistry.
Above all, the research work will also to a great extent act as a springboard to anyone who may wish to make further development on the area referring to the subject matter.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is limited to some secondary schools in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State.
The following research questions have been formulated to guide the study.
- Is the attitude of secondary school teachers towards chemistry encouraged?
- Do the chemistry teachers use appropriate teaching aids in teaching chemistry frequently?
- Does chemistry teachers in some selected secondary in Edo State qualified for teaching chemistry as a subject?
- Are there enough teaching aids in some selected secondary school in Edo State?
DEFINITION OF TERMS
Population: This is the total number of organisms living together in one geographical area or it is also the total number of people living together in a particular habitat.
Information: This is a process on enlightening individual on chemistry as a subject.
Aspiration: This also means or defined as ambition or goal.
Devastating: Is simply defined as overwhelming or shocking
Restricted: This defined as limited or constrained
Chemistry: This is a branch of science which deals with the matter its composition and properties.
Teaching aids: These are materials which are used to enhance the easy transfer of learning. They are of different kinds, audio, audio-visual and visual aids.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The system of local government administration practiced anywhere in the world, is dependent largely ...Continue Reading »
2. ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES AND STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN URUE OFFONG/ORUKO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The study investigated environmental variables and students’ academic performance in English language in Urue Offong/Oruko Local Govern...Continue Reading »
3. AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT EXPENDITURE ON ECONOMIC GROWTH OF NIGERIA (1980–2011)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
4. TEACHERS’ AND STUDENTS’ USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES FOR DEVELOPING READING CULTURE IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT This study investigated the teachers and students’ use of school and class libraries for developing reading culture in senior secondary...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main concern of this study was to final out the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers in Kaur...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The learning environment, which include the classrooms, libraries, technical workshops, laborator...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Each traditional African society knows its sexual marriage values, morals and educates the young ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this research work was to assess the effects of stress on the academic performance of students using the Faculty of Educa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One would ask what motivated the researcher to embark on this research work. The answer is simple...Continue Reading »
10. A STUDY OF GENDER DIFFERENCES IN THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TO SCIENCE SUBJECT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OSUN STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex differences in humans have been studied in a variety of fields. In humans, biological sex is ...Continue Reading »