Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines the impact of Capital Market performance on economic growth of Nigeria for the period 1983 – 2010. Economic growth was proxied by gross domestic product while capital market performance was measured by market capitalization, total new issues, volume of transaction and listed equities. Data was collected using secondary source of data only. The technique employed was multiple regression as tool of analysis for the study. The findings of the study shows that the capital market performance has positively and significantly impacted on the Nigerian economy within the period of the study (1983- 2010). The study therefore, recommends among others that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) should ensure free flow of information in the market. This is necessary in order to attract more investors and increase new issues which will automatically increase the quantum of market capitalization that will result in improving the performance of the Nigerian capital market.
1.1 Background to the study
The Capital market in any country is one of the major pillars of long-term economic growth and development. The market serves a broad range of clientele, including different levels of government, corporate bodies and individuals within and outside the country. Capital formation entails accumulated savings out of the current incomes of either organization or individual. It is investment in fixed assets which in part is financed with monies raised through the capital market (Al-Faki, 2006). The Capital market has been one of the major means through which foreign funds are injected into most economies and the tendency towards a global economy is more visible there than anywhere else. It is therefore, quite valid to state that the growth of the capital market has become one of the barometers for measuring the overall economic growth of a nation (Emenuga, 1998).
The development of the capital market has generated two major sets of
economic benefits. First, it has improved the allocation of capital,
because the prices of corporate debt and equity respond immediately to
shifts in demand and supply, changes in the outlook for an industry
(and/or company) are quickly embodied in current asset prices.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ECONOMIC IMPACT OF TAXATION ON SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE (A STUDY OF SELECTED SMALL SCALE ENTERPRISES IN UYO METROPOLIS)» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate Economic impact of taxation on small and medium scale enterprise. To achieve this objective, four r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Primarily, a stock market is the place where companies can raise money to make their businesses bigger and bet...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF GOVERNMENT REGULATOR AGENCIES OF NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL DRUG LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY (NDLEA)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0: INTRODUCTION There is no gain saying the fact that government regulatory agency are fundamental to the sub stratum of national develo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study International trade is the exchange of capital, goods, and services across international borders ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Various classifications have been made on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI). For instance, FDI has ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The growth and development of the Nigerian economy has not been stable over the years as a result...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluation of role of value added tax as a source of income in Nigeria. This study was guided by the following obj...Continue Reading »
8. SPECIAL PURPOSE VEHICLES AND THE PROMOTION OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN NIGERIA: THE CASE OF YOUWIN IN KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT Entrepreneurship is regarded as powerful engine of economic growth through its several multiplier effects of employment creation, income gene...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The poor performance of Nigeria’s oil sector has affected the socioeconomic development of the country. This has made the government to...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Since the attainment of independence in 1960 various policies of the Nigerian government have bee...Continue Reading »