Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 77 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
The bulk majority of the tax evasion and tax avoidance is caused by inadequate machineries and lack of skilled personal in administrative tax bodies as well as the legal framework upon which their relationship rest. This result in many problems of the tax collection in Nigeria. It is in this regard that the topic of this dissertation entitled “A Legal Examination of the Role of Taxation in Revenue Generation and Economic Development in Nigeria” was chosen. This study is to present, explore and analyze the nature and extent of tax legal provisions relating to the role of taxation in revenue generation and economic development in Nigeria. It will also present how they are maintained, practiced, adhered to and suggest some ways and means of improving the present state of affairs. The study is composed of five Chapters. Thus, Chapter one dealt with the General Introduction, Background, Statement of Problems, Aims and Objectives, Scope of the study, Significance of the study, Research Methodology, Literature Review and Organizational layout. Chapter two discussed on Examination of Taxing power in the Federal Republic of Nigeria under the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (As amended), and the brief history of Income Taxation in Nigeria. Chapter three is the bedrock of the whole work that discussed the role of taxation in the economic development of Nigeria with its legal perspectives. Chapter four discussed on significance of Taxation in Nigeria; Nigerian Economic Situation and Tax as incentive for economic growth. Chapter five which is the last chapter discussed on Summery, Findings and Recommendations that my hopefully be help in solving the problems.
1.1 Background of the Study
Tax is one of the sources of revenue for the government.1 This is so because for the achievement of aims, goals and objectives, an organization will need to have enough funds at its disposal. This importance assumes an accelerated dimension in the face of the present economic recession in Nigeria.2
Therefore, tax system is one of the most powerful means available to the government to stimulate and guide its economic and social development. In the life of any nation, taxation is an indispensable tool employed by the government for the promotion of their overall economic and social objectives. The crucial role that taxation plays in the development of Nigerian economy cannot be over emphasized.3 Though revenue generation seems to be the primary goal of the government when it levies taxes, however it not the only purpose of the government in levying taxes, but produces economic need for the government.
For instance, when investment, production, consumption and so on, begin to rise or fall dangerously, a change in the tax structure can stop or reverse the undesired trend. It is in recognition of this crucial role of taxation in a country‟s economy that the United State Supreme Court has this to say in the case of Nichols v. Ames
“Taxation is one great power upon which the National fabric is base. It is necessary to the existence and prosperity of a nation. It is in the air she breathes. For natural men, it is not only the power to destroy…”
Taxation provides the main impetus for formulation and implementation of an optimal fiscal strategic policy. To this end state governments in Nigeria play and carry out important roles and responsibilities, for examples apart from Local governments State governments are the second tier of governments closest to the people. These governments coupled with other responsibilities they are saddled with they provides the people with social services, and to do this effectively they need to generate enough funds.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Man is by nature a social animal. An individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than huma...Continue Reading »
2. AN ASSESSMENT OF LANDUSE PRACTICES INDUCING SEDIMENTATION IN KUSALLA RESERVOIR, KARAYE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, KANO STATE NORTH WEST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to improve the productivity of the Kusalla reservoir towards a sustainable domestic water supply and irrigation ...Continue Reading »
3. AN EXAMINATION OF TAX ADMINISTRATION AND ENFORCEMENT MECHANISMS UNDER THE FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE ACT, 2007» ABSTRACT From the inception of modern taxation in Nigeria in the first decade of the 20th century the problem of poor tax administration has been the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Marriage is a universal institution recognized and respected throughout the world. As a social in...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATING THE APPLICATION OF INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN LAW IN INTERNAL ARMED CONFLICTS: SIERRA LEONE AND LIBERIA AS CASE STUDIES» ABSTRACT Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno religious conflicts w...Continue Reading »
6. AN APPRAISAL OF THE COMMUNITY COURT OF JUSTICE OF THE ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS) IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION.» ABSTRACT This thesis entitled, “An Appraisal of the Ascertainment of Applicable Law of Torts in Conflict of Laws” aimed at ascertaining th...Continue Reading »
7. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF ECOWAS COURT OF JUSTICE AND THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT (SADC) TRIBUNAL IN THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS» ABSTRACT The concept of Human Rights is a very fundamental subject in international law. Human Rights aim at promoting and protecting humanity through...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Before a country considers how best to administer its tax system it must first possesses ...Continue Reading »
» The main aim of this thesis is to analyze the roles of the courts and tribunals operating in Nigeria. Globally in all jurisdictions, the courts of law...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigeria’s electric power sector requires substantial reform if the country’s economic development and poverty alleviation programme is to...Continue Reading »