Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Online cinema booking system is basically made for providing the movie ticket anywhere and anytime and get information about the movies online. The user can easily be able to know about the movies released and then make a choice.
It is a web-based system. The customers can buy ticket online and cancel the seat at a suitable time (2 days before the show to 1hour before the show). To enhance the refund function, all the customers have to register to become a number before buying the ticket. Staff can use the system to insert and delete data (example film description, time table) which will update the webpage. Also staff can check the statistic information from the system.
The system is to provide an alternate and convenient way for a customer to buy movie tickets. It is an automatic system. After the data has been fed into the database, the staff does not need to do anything with the order once it is received through the system.
The name “movie” originates from the fact that photographic film (also called film stock) has historically been the medium for recording and displaying motion pictures. Many other terms exist for an individual motion picture, including picture, picture show, moving picture, photoplay and flick.
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go a long way in making that activity much easier.
To the researcher, this statement remains a theory until proven otherwise by the implementation of online movie ticket reservation system.
It also believed that the benefit and advantages of using computer out weight that of the manual methods beyond doubt by the researcher through the implementation of the new system.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The major problem that give rise to this research project faced by silverbird, Uyo.
(i) Late seats reservation by customers.
(ii) Fluctuation of network service.
(iii) Inability to book seat by computer illiterate customers.
(iv)Corrupt and tactical customers who have ways of sneaking into the cinema hall with fake seats number printout.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The study sought to provide an alternate and convenient way for a customer to buy movie tickets. Specifically, the study sought to;
1. To establish an efficient way to promote the film on the internet.
2. To minimize the number of staff at the ticket box.
3. To increase the profit and obtain statistical information from the booking record.
4. To provide an anytime, anywhere service for the customers to book their movie ticket.
5. To create a reliable database of movies in the case study with their description.
1.4 Research Questions
1. How can cinema online booking system establish an efficient way to promote the film on the internet?
2. Can cinema online booking increase the profit and obtain statistical information from the booking record?
1.5 Significance of the Study
This research project will be unnecessary if it does not have significance to humanity. The newly designed system is faster, more convenient and you do not have to go to station twice. Online ticket reservation is always a safe option, unless the website is insecure. Booking online ticket is safe if the company you plan to use, uses a Secure Server Software (SSS). This basically hides year private information from there. It saves a lot of money in printing cost because the company do not need to printout ticket to give to customers which get binned after the film anyway. It also saves a lot of time for the customers because, they do not need to arrived early to queue for ticket in case they are all sold out.
1.6 Scope/Limitations of the Study
This research project is restricted to the design and implementation of cinema online system using Silverbird cinema Uyo as the case study.
Limitations of study
1. Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
2. Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.8 Definition of Terms
In order to do away with ambiguity, some terms and keywords in the context of this research are here by defined.
Implementation: Is the building of system and installation to ensure that it solve a particular task.
System: Is a combination of related parts into a complex whole.
Database: It is a collection of interrelated data stored together with controlled redundantly to serve one or more application in an optional fashion.
Reservation: Is the act of reserving something e.g hotel accommodation, a seat on an aero plane, in a theatre.
Ticket: Is a piece of paper, cardboard, etc, showing that the holder is entitled to certain rights, such as travel on a train or bus, entry to a place of public.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThis project work is primarily designed to give an insight to computer based restaurant management information system. It is as a result of pr...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 269 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. Design And Implementation Of Student Rating Of Teacher Effectiveness System (A Case Study Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University)» CHAPTER ONEGENERAL INTRODUCTION1.0 INTRODUCTIONTeacher rating is one of the topics which require pertinent attention by our education regulatory syste...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 292 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF WEB-BASED DRUG INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER BIDA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION This chapter discusses the background to the study, statement of the problem, objectives of study, significa...Continue Reading »
39 pages | 359 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG).» ABSTRACT The paper examines the design and implementation of an online assignment submission system. The challenges faced by students in meeting assig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 322 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION It is safe to say that most activities such as apartment allocation carried out in most cities in Ni...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 265 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The methods that are used to share ideas and for collaboration are constantly changing and evolvi...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 287 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE. .INTRODUCTION. 1.0 .INTRODUCTION. In this Chapter, the author. will be presenting sections on the background study of the Booking System ...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 181 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In recent years there has been a significant increase in shopping online especially among young ...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 308 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED HOTEL BUSINESS BILLING SYSTEM. (A CASE STUDY OF MODOTEL HOTEL LIMITED ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Hotel is defined by British law as a place where a bonafide traveller can receive food and shelter, provided he is in a p...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 535 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE