The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
1.1 Background of the Study
Online cinema booking system is basically made for providing the movie ticket anywhere and anytime and get information about the movies online. The user can easily be able to know about the movies released and then make a choice.
It is a web-based system. The customers can buy ticket online and cancel the seat at a suitable time (2 days before the show to 1hour before the show). To enhance the refund function, all the customers have to register to become a number before buying the ticket. Staff can use the system to insert and delete data (example film description, time table) which will update the webpage. Also staff can check the statistic information from the system.
The system is to provide an alternate and convenient way for a customer to buy movie tickets. It is an automatic system. After the data has been fed into the database, the staff does not need to do anything with the order once it is received through the system.
The name “movie” originates from the fact that photographic film (also called film stock) has historically been the medium for recording and displaying motion pictures. Many other terms exist for an individual motion picture, including picture, picture show, moving picture, photoplay and flick.
Today, it is believed that the application of computer technology in any activity would go a long way in making that activity much easier.
To the researcher, this statement remains a theory until proven otherwise by the implementation of online movie ticket reservation system.
It also believed that the benefit and advantages of using computer out weight that of the manual methods beyond doubt by the researcher through the implementation of the new system.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The major problem that give rise to this research project faced by silverbird, Uyo.
(i) Late seats reservation by customers.
(ii) Fluctuation of network service.
(iii) Inability to book seat by computer illiterate customers.
(iv)Corrupt and tactical customers who have ways of sneaking into the cinema hall with fake seats number printout.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The study sought to provide an alternate and convenient way for a customer to buy movie tickets. Specifically, the study sought to;
1. To establish an efficient way to promote the film on the internet.
2. To minimize the number of staff at the ticket box.
3. To increase the profit and obtain statistical information from the booking record.
4. To provide an anytime, anywhere service for the customers to book their movie ticket.
5. To create a reliable database of movies in the case study with their description.
1.4 Research Questions
1. How can cinema online booking system establish an efficient way to promote the film on the internet?
2. Can cinema online booking increase the profit and obtain statistical information from the booking record?
1.5 Significance of the Study
This research project will be unnecessary if it does not have significance to humanity. The newly designed system is faster, more convenient and you do not have to go to station twice. Online ticket reservation is always a safe option, unless the website is insecure. Booking online ticket is safe if the company you plan to use, uses a Secure Server Software (SSS). This basically hides year private information from there. It saves a lot of money in printing cost because the company do not need to printout ticket to give to customers which get binned after the film anyway. It also saves a lot of time for the customers because, they do not need to arrived early to queue for ticket in case they are all sold out.
1.6 Scope/Limitations of the Study
This research project is restricted to the design and implementation of cinema online system using Silverbird cinema Uyo as the case study.
Limitations of study
1. Financial constraint- Insufficient fund tends to impede the efficiency of the researcher in sourcing for the relevant materials, literature or information and in the process of data collection (internet, questionnaire and interview).
2. Time constraint- The researcher will simultaneously engage in this study with other academic work. This consequently will cut down on the time devoted for the research work.
1.8 Definition of Terms
In order to do away with ambiguity, some terms and keywords in the context of this research are here by defined.
Implementation: Is the building of system and installation to ensure that it solve a particular task.
System: Is a combination of related parts into a complex whole.
Database: It is a collection of interrelated data stored together with controlled redundantly to serve one or more application in an optional fashion.
Reservation: Is the act of reserving something e.g hotel accommodation, a seat on an aero plane, in a theatre.
Ticket: Is a piece of paper, cardboard, etc, showing that the holder is entitled to certain rights, such as travel on a train or bus, entry to a place of public.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. Design And Implementation Of Computerized Directory Of Business Premises (A Case Study Of Enugu Urban)» Abstract The software package used in this protect is quick Basic which centered on soloing the problem of relational business activities arising from...Continue Reading »
46 pages | 215 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION A Geographical Information System (GIS) is a system of hardware, software and procedures to facilitate the management, ma...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 23 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Storage facilities may hold aggregations of learning things as a circulation focus may store book...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 363 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A plate number is one of government’s established means of identification of vehicles in Nigeria an...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 248 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN AUTOMATED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM FOR A MANUFACTURING ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, ENUGU)» ABSTRACT This research work is concise and generally summarizes the activities duly carried out in the design and implementation of an automated inven...Continue Reading »
97 pages | 0 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION It should come as no surprise, then, that technology continue our limited, though uniquely human capabilities. Until recently...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 914 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION RESULT PROCESSING SYSTEM (A Case Study Federal Government College, Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Remuneration is the monetary compensation that one receives exchange for the work or services performed. Typ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 363 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION MONITORY SYSTEM (NIGERIA BREWERIES 9TH MILE CORNER ENUGU STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1.INTRODUCTION Distribution is a system through which goods produced are transferred from the production area to the final consumer thro...Continue Reading »
37 pages | 150 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
10. Design And Implementation Of Computerized Medical Duties Scheduling System (A Case Study Of University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital)» Abstract There is always the need to introduce more changes or modification in Hospital curricula particularly in the area of their duties scheduling ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 155 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE