Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 105 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This chapter gives an overview about the aim, objectives, background and operation environment of the system.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Library Management System is an application which refers to library systems which are generally small or medium in size. It is used by librarian to manage the library using a computerized system where he/she can record various transactions like issue of books, return of books, addition of new books, addition of new students etc.Books and student maintenance Modules are also included in this system which would keep track of the students using the library and also a detailed description about the books a library contains. With this computerized system there will be no loss of book record or member record which generally happens when a non computerized system is used.In addition, report module is also included in Library Management System. If user’s position is admin, the user is able to generate different kinds of reports like lists of students registered, list of books, issue and return reports.All these modules are able to help librarian to manage the library with more convenience and in a more efficient way as compared to library systems which are not computerized.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The problems found in the Library during Library operation was so much that there were cases where books got missing, if it is not stolen by the student it may be stolen by the staff, part of some books were turn, manual issuing of books and cards, Unidentification of Books in its shelf, time required to record as well as presenting an Information and also the cost of purchasing books, News paper and Journals and Magazines, uneasy returning of books to the library.
Lack of effectiveness in their methods of record keeping, further compounds the problem.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The project aims and objectives that will be achieved after completion of this project are discussed in this subchapter. The aims and objectives are as follows:
1. To resolve book issue
2. To Request column for librarian for providing new books
3. To create A separate column for digital library
4. To provide Student login page where student can find books issued by him/her and date of return.
5. To provide A search column to search availability of books
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study was to help and give a benefit to the concerned group below.
This study will be beneficial to the following:
Students and Staff:Through computerized library system, they can easily find the books that they are looking for without going through the traditional way of searching a library material. Convenience is more visible for it is not time-consuming, resulting to a number of accomplished works.
Librarian:The computerized library system would improve the monitoring capacities of those who maintain the library. It would be easier to determine whether a particular book is on-shelf or not. In addition, they can easily identify when will the borrowed material be returned and if a borrower has failed to return the book on its due date.Furthermore, the librarian would be much guided when it comes to recognizing new inventory books, letting them arrange it promptly and accordingly.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1. Unavailability of academic materials.
2. Transport problem
3. Lack of financial support
4. Lack of Time
5. Unavailability of programming software such as Visual Basic 6, and .Net.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work will concentrate on Master entry (i.e. Department, course, student registration, etc…), Users (Registration and login details), Serial control, Transaction, records, tools and about menu which includes handling of some queries like; updating library record, deleting library record and searching for student and staff information via Rank, Department or ID as the case may be. It is a case study of Spring Light Technology Library, Akwa Ibom State.
1.7 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
During the process of data collection, information relating to Library Management System was obtained from IBOM E - LIBRARY. The information was collected from the admin staff during the course of my industrial attachment. Hence, it is assumed that all the data collected are correct and contains no false information.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Library: It is a department in an organization that deals with Keeping tracks of book issued, returned and added to library.
Management: It is the co-ordination of all the resources of an
Organization through the process of planning,
Organization, directing and controlling
System:Physical component of a computer that is used to perform certain task.
Data: Numbers, Text or image which is in the form suitable for
Storage in or processing by a computer, or an incomplete
Information: A meaning full material derived from computer
data by organizing it and Interpreting it in a specified way.
Input: Data entered into a computer for storage or processing.
Output: Information produced from a computer after processing.
Information System: A set of interrelated components that
collect (or retrieve), process, store and distribute information to support decision making and control in an organization.
Library Management System: A library management system, also known as an automated library system is software that has been developed to handle basic housekeeping functions of a library.
1. COMPUTER:-Computer is an electronic device that accepts data as Input, processes data and gives out information as output to the user.
2. SOFTWARE:-Software is set of related programs that are designed by the manufacturer to control the hardware and to enable the computer perform a given task.
3. HARDWARE:- Hardware is a physical part of a computer that can be touched, seen, feel which are been control by the software to perform a given task.
4. DATABASE:- Database is the collection of related data in an organized form.
5. PROGRAMMING:- programming is a set of coded instruction which the computers understands and obey.
6. TECHNOLOGY:-Technology is the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use technical and their interrelation with life, society and the environment, drawing upon such as industrial art, engineering, applied science and pure science.
7. Algorithm : A set of logic rules determined during the design phase of a data matching application. The ‘blueprint’ used to turn logic rules into computer instructions that detail what step to perform in what order.
8. Application: The final combination of software and hardware which performs the data matching.
9. Data matching database: A structured collection of records or data that is stored in a computer system.
10. Data cleansing: The proactive identification and correction of data quality issues which affect an agency’s ability to effectively use its data.
11. Data integrity : The quality of correctness, completeness and complain with the intention of the creators of the data i.e ‘fit for purpose’
12. Enrollment : The process of an individual to enroll aith an agency. Involves the initial collection of identifying details.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background To The Study With the ascent of Globalization, it has gotten to be vital to discover a less demanding and ...Continue Reading »
2. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Comparative analysis is an over view means of examining two or more things to discover the differ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1.0 INTRODUCTION In recent times, there has been a great need driven towards the maximizing of data transfer betwee...Continue Reading »
» (CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISSION ENUGU) – COMPUTER SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICSABSTRACTComputerized based spec analysis system includes the s...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO GENERAL LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTLibrary management system is a project which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain all the daily works of library. This project...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Tourism is the travel for recreation, leisure, religious, family business purposes, usually of a limi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Computerised Traffic Offence System is a powerful web based and database program that records all the traffic offences co...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Online departmental fee management system (ODFMS)is a research work that will help build an effective information management system for Ahmad...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A vehicle is a mobile machine that transports passengers or cargo. Automated vehicle identification system, is software that will assist the ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In 2000, Nigeria developed a policy on Information Technology (IT), with the aim of making Nigeria an IT adapted country i...Continue Reading »