Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
On-line Book shopping entails buying and selling of books of all sorts with the buyer still making his choice and making the payment through the internet or through any other computer network (Kubilus, 2000). This pattern of trade conducted through the internet has grown extraordinarily simultaneously with wide spread use of the internet. This new trend has contributed immensely to the growth of E-business and particularly in E-education. The number of transactions grows every day, spurring and drawing innovations in the E-Library System and E-Commerce, Electronic Fund Transfer, supply chain management, On-line Transactions Processing and Internet Marketing.
On-line Bookshop normally makes use of the World Wide Web (www) to an extent in the transaction life cycle; it also involves shopping of the physical items requested on-line.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The existing system of operation and method of transaction in the bookshop has the following draw backs;
i. Time wastage in searching for desired books
ii. Dirty and stuffy hall
iii. Conflicting, confusing and inadequate record keeping of daily transactions
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to develop software that will:-
i. Enable customers to search and buy books online
ii. Make proper arrangement of books base on categories.
iii. Keep proper records of daily transactions.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is primarily concerned with the online book sales management system of student own bookshop. It covers the following areas amongst others;
1. Selling and registration of books
2. Data management of books detail. Which includes; updating, deletion and retrieval of data.
3. Providing information and status of books along with it categories.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study include:-
i. It offers great convenience to the consumers. They can buy books at the comfort of their home.
ii. It cuts out travel time and visit to the bookshop
iii. It reduces the constraint on the stores hours. It offers transactions 24/7 whenever one finds the time.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The following are the limiting factors of this study:
· Time factor- the duration of the time giving for this research work is limited.
· Finance- funding of this research work is also a challenge.
· Unavailability of research materials- there are so many materials about this topic, but not all was gathered due to high cost of purchasing these materials.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
ACQUIRING SANK: This is a bank or financial institution that accepts payments for the product or services on behalf of a Merchant.
BOOKSHOP: It is sometimes referred to as bookstores. It is therefore a room or shop where books of a particular type or various types are packed and sold.
COMPUTER: This is an electro-mechanical device that is capable of accepting data as inputs, stores it, processes the data and outputs it as result or information.
CREDIT CARD: It is a payment mechanism that enables consumers to make their online purchase.
DATA: Data are raw facts which undergo processing and become information. They are also the simplest unit of information that can stand on its own.
DIGITAL CERTIFICATE: It is a certificate that enables a merchant to do on-line business and it is been issued by a corporate body.
GATEWAY: This is a device that connects two computer networks that cannot be connected in any other way.
HYPERTEXT DOCUMENTS: They are documents written with HTML, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JAVA SCRIPT PAGES (JSP), CODE FUSION, and PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES.
INTERNET: It is an interaction of computer networks connecting other networks from computers, companies, houses etc.
ISP: (Internet Service Provider): This is a company(s) that provides internet access to homes or business users.
MERCHANT ACCOUNT: It’s a contract under which an acquiring bank extends a line of credit to a merchant who wishes to accept payment card association brand
MY SQL: This is relational database server that is ideal for both small and large applications.
ON-LINE BOOKSHOP: It is representation of material or real bookshop on the internet or on the web.
ON-LINE BOOKSHOPPING: This is the buying and selling of books through the internet or web.
PHP (HYPERTEXT PRE-PROCESSOR): This is a powerful server side scripting language for creating dynamic and interactive website.
PROGRAM: A program is a sequence of instructions written in a computer to execute a certain task and solve a problem. A program must possess clarity, be specific, effective and user friendly.
WWW(World Wide Web): It is a multimedia interface that connects us to resources such as documents, e-mails, chat, web sites that are available on the internet with the computer.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Designing and implementation are learn in this project. Computer science course is relatively a new subject, its importance cannot be our emp...Continue Reading »
» Abstract In the altering competitive environment, human resources are considered as one significant source for competitive advantage. The human resour...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Computer image is the acquisition, processing and display of using computers. The main purpose of this project is to design software of image...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project work is all about design and implementation of a computer based scheduling system for a transport company.A computer based schedu...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED DISCUSSION FORUM FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION The advancement in technologies and the fast pace globalization has led to university students eitherpartially or fully ...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD, NGWO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE)ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Computerization is defined as the control of processes by computers and its peripherals. Today it wou...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED TOURISM INFORMATION SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF OWERRI IN IMO STATE) NOTE: YOU CAN CHANGE THE CASE STUDY» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION Tourism is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. It plays an important part in nation’s economy by p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT As the strategic planner bogs is mind with trying to predict the future performance of some available variable qualitatively, at the mercy of...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM ( A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION An inventory control system contains a list of orders to be filled and then prompts workers to pick the necessary items, ...Continue Reading »