Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
On-line Book shopping entails buying and selling of books of all sorts with the buyer still making his choice and making the payment through the internet or through any other computer network (Kubilus, 2000). This pattern of trade conducted through the internet has grown extraordinarily simultaneously with wide spread use of the internet. This new trend has contributed immensely to the growth of E-business and particularly in E-education. The number of transactions grows every day, spurring and drawing innovations in the E-Library System and E-Commerce, Electronic Fund Transfer, supply chain management, On-line Transactions Processing and Internet Marketing.
On-line Bookshop normally makes use of the World Wide Web (www) to an extent in the transaction life cycle; it also involves shopping of the physical items requested on-line.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The existing system of operation and method of transaction in the bookshop has the following draw backs;
i. Time wastage in searching for desired books
ii. Dirty and stuffy hall
iii. Conflicting, confusing and inadequate record keeping of daily transactions
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this study is to develop software that will:-
i. Enable customers to search and buy books online
ii. Make proper arrangement of books base on categories.
iii. Keep proper records of daily transactions.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is primarily concerned with the online book sales management system of student own bookshop. It covers the following areas amongst others;
1. Selling and registration of books
2. Data management of books detail. Which includes; updating, deletion and retrieval of data.
3. Providing information and status of books along with it categories.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study include:-
i. It offers great convenience to the consumers. They can buy books at the comfort of their home.
ii. It cuts out travel time and visit to the bookshop
iii. It reduces the constraint on the stores hours. It offers transactions 24/7 whenever one finds the time.
1.6 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
The following are the limiting factors of this study:
· Time factor- the duration of the time giving for this research work is limited.
· Finance- funding of this research work is also a challenge.
· Unavailability of research materials- there are so many materials about this topic, but not all was gathered due to high cost of purchasing these materials.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
ACQUIRING SANK: This is a bank or financial institution that accepts payments for the product or services on behalf of a Merchant.
BOOKSHOP: It is sometimes referred to as bookstores. It is therefore a room or shop where books of a particular type or various types are packed and sold.
COMPUTER: This is an electro-mechanical device that is capable of accepting data as inputs, stores it, processes the data and outputs it as result or information.
CREDIT CARD: It is a payment mechanism that enables consumers to make their online purchase.
DATA: Data are raw facts which undergo processing and become information. They are also the simplest unit of information that can stand on its own.
DIGITAL CERTIFICATE: It is a certificate that enables a merchant to do on-line business and it is been issued by a corporate body.
GATEWAY: This is a device that connects two computer networks that cannot be connected in any other way.
HYPERTEXT DOCUMENTS: They are documents written with HTML, ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, JAVA SCRIPT PAGES (JSP), CODE FUSION, and PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES.
INTERNET: It is an interaction of computer networks connecting other networks from computers, companies, houses etc.
ISP: (Internet Service Provider): This is a company(s) that provides internet access to homes or business users.
MERCHANT ACCOUNT: It’s a contract under which an acquiring bank extends a line of credit to a merchant who wishes to accept payment card association brand
MY SQL: This is relational database server that is ideal for both small and large applications.
ON-LINE BOOKSHOP: It is representation of material or real bookshop on the internet or on the web.
ON-LINE BOOKSHOPPING: This is the buying and selling of books through the internet or web.
PHP (HYPERTEXT PRE-PROCESSOR): This is a powerful server side scripting language for creating dynamic and interactive website.
PROGRAM: A program is a sequence of instructions written in a computer to execute a certain task and solve a problem. A program must possess clarity, be specific, effective and user friendly.
WWW(World Wide Web): It is a multimedia interface that connects us to resources such as documents, e-mails, chat, web sites that are available on the internet with the computer.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEBACK GROUND OF STUDY1.1 INTRODUCTIONThe trend shows that more Nigerians do financial transactions electronically via banks ATMs, internet b...Continue Reading »
2. COMPUTER BASE NETWORK SECURITY AND FIREWALLS IN BANKING SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Diamond Bank Nig Plc Owerri)» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of contentCHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Back ground of study 1.2 ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project title is written to help hospitals especially SHONAHAN HOSPITAL, NSUKKA, Enugu in the areas they encounter problems in keeping t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is carried out to Develop a Computerized Airline Reservation System with a view to produce information needed to have smooth run...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PATIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICE 0f FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, computer has played an important role in global economy in various ways. The Computer is used in many differen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A vehicle is a mobile machine that transports passengers or cargo. Most often, vehicles are manuf...Continue Reading »
» DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTAION OF COMPUTERIZED LIVESTOCK MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM ABSTRACT This project deals with the network of livestock but focuses...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGNING AND AUTOMATED AND WEB-BASED APPLICATION FOR STUDENT ONLINE COMMUNICATION AND REDUCTION OF ANTI SOCIALISM» CHAPTER ONE1.1 INTRODUCTIONSocial life in most of our University is diminishing because of some factor. These limitations of social life have affected...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL HIGH COURT ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT As the complexity and degrees of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends. J...Continue Reading »
» AbstractRegistration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, UTME, is organised by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB, for ...Continue Reading »