Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Organization Of Work
Table Of Contents
1.1 Statement Of The Problem
1.2 Purpose Of The Study
1.3 Aims And Objective
1.4 Scope Of The Study
1.5 Limitations Of The Study
1.6 Definition Of Terms
2.0 Literature Review
3.0 Description And Analysis Of The Existing System
3.1 Fact Finding Methods Used
3.2 Organizational Structure
3.3 Objective Of The Existing System
3.4 Input, Process, Output Analysis
3.5 Information Flow Diagram
3.6 Problems Of The Existing System
3.7 Justification Of The New System
4.0 Description Of The New System
4.1 Output Specification And Design
4.2 Input Specification And Design
4.3 File Design
4.4 Procedure Chart
4.5 System Requirement
5.1 Program Design
5.2 Pseudo Code
Information Technology (IT) has set a new world order turning the world into a global village, where information plays an indispensable role.
The Federal Investigation and Intelligence (FIIB), is a special outfit of the Nigeria police force, as a role similar to that of the FBI (Federal Bureau of intelligence) of the united states (US) information they say is an indispensable force, and if we should go by this maxim, it buttresses the need at which classified information is to this outfit.
Over the years, this outfit had made tremendous impact in combating crime, but in recent times, there has been an avalanche of crime wave in the country leading to insecurity of life and properties close investigation concerning crime activities reveals that this special outfit of the police force is bedeviled with obsolete equipment.
Despite the glint strides taken by this outfit over the years changing their investigation and recording equipment to tape storage using cassette as recorder, there are still a lot of surmountable problems which has hitherto, reduced the efficiency Bureau, Ogbor-Hill, Aba and other division of the outfit through out Nigeria. The panacea to this may no doubt; lie in the introduction of a properly designed computer base system which will bring the much-desired automation hence, a prerequisite for being a member of the new world order vis-à-vis information technology.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statutory duty of the federal investigation and intelligence Bureau (FIIB) is crime prevention and intelligence network which is solely based on information. This information received from conducted investigation, which should be supplied to the Bureau within minutes using electron communication. But this takes days or weeks and sometimes months if the investigation is carried in a distant area. The storage medium currently at disposal for information is susceptible to unauthorized access and damage. Most often, the recorded information is usually not within the reach when needed. Going by this high level of graft in the country, officers can easily remove: recorded information of a very serious crime activity by mere bribe offer. In view of the above problems w3hich have attracted the author’s attention, he has unequivocally, decided to design a computer base system which will correct this abnormalities.
1.2 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
Having been aware of the numerous anomalies which have reduced the efficiency of the Nigeria police force (NPF), the purpose of this research is focused on designing an developing a computerized based or approach to information storage and retrievals against the manual approach, as it affects the (FIIB) federal intelligence investigation Bureau), and the Nigeria police in general.
1.3 AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aims and objectives of the research work centers on the following:-
- To show case the merits of a computerized system in police investigation and intelligence.
- To upgrade the information network system of the Nigeria police force
- To enhance speedy and reliable information retrieval in crime records.
- To identify areas where computers can be used in detective work.
- To investigate the possibilities of using the computer to analyses and compare substance taken from the scene of crime.
- To establish the possibilities of using the computer in crime mapping – A situation where data concerning crimes that have been committed in a certain area is fed into a computer and then, the computer produces a map that shows whether it is any pattern to the crime.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research work is limited to the federal investigation and intelligence Bureau (FIIB) Ogbor-Hill Aba, Abia state although this outfit has just been moved to Calabar, Cross River State. The choice of investigation and intelligence was chosen due to the fact that there are certain information, which are not meant for public consumption.
Investigation for facts about this research work was fraught with the following constraints.
Issue of confidentiality:
This work is a dicey one that concentrates on issues considered confidential. The outfit chosen for investigation could not disclose or rather give access easily to the relevant information. Investigation and intelligence needs high level of secrecy. Sequel to the approval for data collection comes after services of consultation with important personnel of the command.
Time factor is another major constraint, which unequivocally did force me to limit the scope of the work. The time stipulated for actual completion of this work is rather too short to cover all relevant sections of the command. Also, the researcher had to spend some time before approval for investigation was given.
Intended to make comprehensive excerpts from some foreign journals on issues bothering on crime investigation and intelligence network but due to financial constraint, I could only limit myself to a few within my reach. Also, the cost of shuttling to the new area command of the outfit also constituted a big source of financial stress.
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Information: This is a meaningful processed data, which provides an individual knowledge needful in decision making.
DATA: It is a collection of raw facts, figured charts or symbols that represent idea, object or situation which need to processed to given a real meaning program: a set of instruction logically sequenced that instructs the computer on what actions to take to arrive at a result.
INVESTIGATION: It is simply a fact finding and fact recording concerning a particular issue or event. It can be obtained through interview, question and observation.
CASE-FILE: This is a paper file used in keeping records on case matters.
FILE: A collection of records that are related, to which the user can attach a name.
INTELLIGENT REPORT: It is a report written and recorded about a witnessed event which can serve as evidence.
EVIDENCE: Material or information on which a conclusion or proof may be based.
SURVEILLANCE: An operation carried out by operatives in a remote area in the city or an area.
OPERATIVES: Officers of federal investigation and intelligence Bureau.
TIP-OFF: Useful hint conveyed to the special outfit by some one
SUSPECT: Someone presumed guilty of discredit with out conclusive proof.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY: It is the technology which supports activities involving the creation, storage, manipulation and communication of information together with their related methods, management and application.
Management information system: the combination of human and computer based resources that result in the collection storage, retrieval, communication and use of data for the purpose of efficient management of operations and for business planning.
Data Bank (information Service): electronic shore-house of information accessed by using a microcomputer, modem and telephone.
Download: To transfer information electronically from a database or a computer to another computer.
Expert system: computer system characterize by a very large database, the ability to ask question, and set of rules that allow it to use its data to arrive at conclusion.
COMPUTER: It is an electro mechanical device capable of generating, storing and retrieving information at a fantastic speed and accuracy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study (Sule, 2010), described Power System as a network that provides regions, Industries and homes wit...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED COOPERATIVE SOCIETY (A CASE STUDY OF AYEDIRE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COOPERATIVE INVESTMENT AND CREDIT UNION )» ABSTRACT The proposed project topic above is centered on the critical needed for registration of both the individuals and the entire cooperate society...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT A society with accurate and updated database of her citizens will face less crime. Imagine a society where citizens know that their faces and...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UYO CITY POLYTECHNIC, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is widely believed that all tests will one day be delivered on a computer of some sort (Bennet...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Data mining, is the extraction of hidden predictive information from large database, is a powerful new technology with gr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This work was centered on the Design and implementation of a simple scientific calculator for education organization. The study traced calcul...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the effect of computer usage on academic performance of students. This study was guided by the following ...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEB BASED PRESENTATION SYSTEM THAT WOULD ENLIGHTEN USERS ON HOW TO INSTALL A DSTV DECORDER AND SATELLITE DISH» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDYThe satellite television industry developed first in the US from the cable television industry as commu...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION RESULT PROCESSING SYSTEM (A Case Study Federal Government College, Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Remuneration is the monetary compensation that one receives exchange for the work or services performed. Typ...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED MAILING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN POSTAL SERVICE (NIPOST) UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Introduction This chapter introduces a computerized mailing system. It focuses on the theoretical background of the research,...Continue Reading »