Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 68 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY.
Information technology is an essential tool to guest tracking system. The faster and more effectively it works, the safer our business management is.
Information system (IS) refers to a system that comprises of persons, data records and activities that process data and information in an organization, and it includes the organization‟s manual and automated processes. In a narrow sense, the term information system refers to the specific application software that is used to store data records in a computer system and automates some of the information-processing activities of the organization.
The term information technology has ballooned to encompass many aspects of computing and technology, and the term has become very recognizable. The information technology umbrella can be quite large, covering many fields. IT professionals perform a variety of duties that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information database.
Since the first wave of computerization in the 1970‟s, the implementation of information technology within policing has been questioned and often met with resistance. The development of an information technology strategy must be viewed in the context of increasing expectations and pressure for reform within organizations. 2
The business environment in which banks operate is changing; increased demands for efficiency has led to information technology being recognized as a valuable and innovative addition to guest tracking system.
Over the last decade, computer and telecommunication technologies have developed at an extraordinary rate. Increased computer power, advances in data transmission, attractive and user-friendly graphic interfaces present bank with unprecedented capacity to collect, store, analyze and share data with stakeholders inside and outside of bank.
Historically, the innovation of information systems has served as the catalyst for dramatic changes in the organization work and has presented both opportunities and challenges to operators.
Some banks have made tremendous efforts in creating databases
for guest information system for security purposes.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Keeping record of visitors in a bank has been a big task for
the management. Often the identity of the guest is forgotten as soon as he/she
leaves the bank. This is a big security risk as there is need to maintain an
automated record of daily visitors to the bank in case security issues arise. 3
1.3 PURPOSE OF STUDY
The purpose of this study is to design software that will
serve as an electronic register to keep record of daily guest to the bank. The
software will maintain a centralized database system for the purpose of
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The software developed will be beneficial to the bank management in so many ways:
1. Maintain a centralized database for Guest records
2. Retrieve previous information on guest from the system easily using serial query language
3. Have a good surveillance on the guest information for security purposes
4. Know the number of guest they receive on daily basis
5. Track the frequency of a guest visitation to the bank
1.5 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
The purpose of this final year computer science research topic is to develop a system that should be able to achieve the following:
1. To provide an electronic register to keep record of guest visit to the bank
2. To produce a system where information and output report will be produced much faster, more accurately and more detailed.
3. Keeping record of total number of guest coming to the bank on daily basis.
4. Keep track of old guest in case of any security breach.
5. Provide password to prevent unauthorized users from accessing
and manipulating information.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This research project covers only records on the banks
managers guest and some other management staff, as it will be difficult to
maintain guest record on every staff of the bank.
1.7 CONSTRAINS AND LIMITATION
Due to time constraint and limited resources, the use of
biometric could not be incorporated into the work for authentic identification
1.8 DEFINTION OF TERMS
ARRIVAL FILE: This is master file consisting of the guest name, companies name and address, state, country, nationality, profession etc. which also include the mode of payment to be used by the guest.
DATABASE: This is the collection of related data/information
GUEST: This guest are used in the contest of the work refers to individual, companies or corporate bodies that visited the bank 5
SOFTWARE: This is the logically written instruction that control the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The Bank Verification Number (BVN) became imperative following the increasing incidence of compromise on conventional security systems such a...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PATIENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICE 0f FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Generally, computer has played an important role in global economy in various ways. The Computer is used in many differen...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION: Traffic laws and regulations in Nigeria were inherited from colonial administration. The first Edith is the 1920 Road Tr...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 INSIGHT INTO LIBRARY SYSTEM A library can be defined as a room or building where books are kept and referenced. It is an ...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED MARKET INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF 9TH MILE CORNER NGWO)» ABSTRACTThis research is intended to highlight the role of a computerized market information system for the Nigerian breweries located in 9th Mile Cor...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Online users now make use of internet banking as a major platform of making payments of products online. Cybercriminals are using newer and m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Motor vehicle administration is a composite process and revolves around the management and the control of motor licensing. Vehicle licensing ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY A computer network or data network is a telecommunications network which allows computers to exch...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of The Study Paper based health records are rapidly becoming outdated. They are easily lost, are subject t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The industrial batch counter is an electronic and electrical device that handles the counting and controls the flow of indivi...Continue Reading »