Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Transport or transfer is the movement of groups and goods from one location to a different.
Transportation helps profile an area’s economic health and growth, quality of life. Not only does the transportation system provide for the mobility of group and goods, it also command pattern of growth and economic activity by providing access to land.
The performance of the system affects public strategy disquiet like air quality, ecological wealth consumption, social fairness, land use, urban growth, economic development, security and safety.
Transportation preparations recognize the critical links between transportation and other societal ambition. The preparation process is more than listing high and transit capital projects. It requires growth strategies for working managing, maintaining and financing the area’s transportation system in such a method as to advance the area’s long term goal.
1.2 STATEMENTS OF PROBLEM
The presence of existing processed or methods of processing data in the transportation operation of most companies are done manually. Hence the following problems
- Errors are often found in the computation of passengers numbers.
- Passengers have to wait for a long time before completion of booking.
- Inability to keep proper records of all the vehicles in the company.
The structure is designed to addressed the above listed abnormities in the company thus promoting higher attempt will be made for the purpose of the research in the processing subdivision to access the procedures and principles of transports management of akwa ibom transport company limited. It will show how the application of computer in developing the transport management system can affect the passenger’s satisfaction.
1.3. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The aims and objectives of study are as follows:
i. To improve on the existing computerized transport system mentioned in the statement of the problems.
ii. To execute an accurate information to company concerning the status of the management.
iii. To computerized transport management system for akwa ibom transport and the company uyo.
iv. To improve on the existing computerized transport system mentioned in the statement of problems.
1.3 SCOPE AND DELIMINTATION OF THE STUDY
In order to carry out this research work successfully, we are going to concerutrate on transport management department of akwa ibom transport Company. Here we will look into the process of passenger’s from the company as far as transportation is concerned.
It also takes care of how passenger or customer can operate. This system does intend to cover management services. This system does intend to cover management services offered by the transportation company, again, the system psycho computerized conducted will be restricted to Akwa Ibom Transport Company
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
It is a knowledge fact that computer has really penetrated into the economy of most developed country like ours and it needs the application to enable it grows.
The study therefore provides the transport management department of Akwa Ibom Transport Company Limitedon how computer can be best used to reduce the problem connected with manual technique of processing and managing the company and the passengers.
The company would not be the only to benefit from this system. This work will also be of significance to the student in the can be best used to reduce the problem. Again, the system in the managing as they will used this work as their reference materials for further studies.
1.6 LIMITATION OF STUDY
This study is computerized transport management as a case study. And also it provides a systematic way of computerized transportation system and in adequate materials to carry out this study.
The performance of the propose system will entirely be based on the quality of information given by akwa ibom transport company during the system analysis.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
TRANSPORT OR TRANSPOTATION: Is the movement of people and goods from one location to another.
COMPUTERIZED: To provide a computer or computers to do the work, the factory has been fully computerized to store information on a computer on a computer: computerized databases information.
DATABASE: This is a collection of related logical record into file such that records can be maintained and accessed easily.
INFORMATION: This is a set of data that have been processed in a specialized form or decision making or the information it the interpretation or meaning of stored data.
SYSTEM: Is an integrated sets of interoperable elements, each with explicitly specified and bonded capability, working synergistically to perform value-added processing to enable a user satisfy mission oriented operation needs in a prescribed environment with a specified outcome and probability of success.
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (MIS): Is a planned system of the collecting processing storing and propagate data in the form of information needed to carry out function of management.
COMPUTERIZED MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: Is an information system and serves organization with association and affiliations that enable us to serve client in all thirty states, and it also focused on the total information system solution other guidance and services to small and medium business non-profit and other commercial entities.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: According to (CHARLES BACHMAN 1960) this is the collection of programs that enables you to store, modify, and extract information from database.
TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TMS): Is software computerized to manage transportation operations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionHuman resources database management system is an electronic record management system that can aid human resourc...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT It is general belief that computer, a multipurpose machine can perform any function without exception. The achievement of its task is based o...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN EXPERT SYSTEM ON TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAINTENANCE OF EPOSON PRINTER» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The impact of engineering age is tremendous and its arrears of application are increasing geometrical...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERISED CASE FILLING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS HIGH COURT LAGOS.)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONComputer has a relatively modest role to play at present in the proper management of organizations and modern firms. It is comp...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Fund raising efforts at college and universities continue to be a top priority. It is clear that an institution’ s ability to realize t...Continue Reading »
6. Design And Implementation Of Computerized Economic Growth Monitoring System (Case Study Of Federal Ministry Of Finance)» Abstract Federal Ministry of Finance has always monitoring how economic growth is moving in this Nation. After the granting of internal autonomy to re...Continue Reading »
7. Design And Implementation Of E-learning Platforms For An Introduction To C++ Programming Language (a Case Study Of The Department Of Computer Science)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the studyLearning is one of the very vital human activities that require concentration blended with interactivi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Products are created by brand owners and handed to third parties (contract manufacturer, shipping company, distributor…...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A WEATHER FORECASTING PACKAGE FOR AVIATION INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF PORTHARCOURT INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Every day, millions of weather – based economic decisions are made in transportation, agriculture, power, construct...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Several recent proposals have argued for giving third parties and end users control over routing in the network infrastru...Continue Reading »