Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Creating an application with databases and has potential benefits in all sector, including the educational sector. This project is aimed at developing a school management system for Cornel Nursery and Primary School.
Cornel Nursery and Primary School has encountered many problems related to the management of their teachers and courses to teach. They need a lot of time to capture huge amounts of data using just plain sheets which is so difficult to use. With plain sheet, the user has to memorize all the features, which are not easy, can results of various errors and can cause delays in their work. This school management system is designed to provide a solution that can solve such problems.
To achieve our research, we have to resort to the prototype model that allows us to address the various stages of the creation of software to include analysis, design, development and testing of software.
Following this research we proposed a program that will enable Cornel Nursery and Primary School to record information, manage the teachers and the courses to be taught, make periodic reports from this information, manage the entire system and make the statistics. This new software allows quick access to information.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Problem statement
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
1.4 THE HYPOTHESIS OF THE PROJECT
1.5 SCOPE OF STUDY
1.7 ORGANIZATION OF THE PROJECT
CHAPTER II: THEORETICAL CONCEPT
2.2 Information system and fundamentals
2.2.3 Information system
2.2.4 Information technology
2.3 Database concepts
2.3.2 Data versus information
2.3.5 Entity Relationship Diagram
2.3.10 Primary key
2.3.11 Foreign key
2.3.12 Data Modeling
2.3.13 Relational database
2.3.14 Database management system (DBMS)
2.4 Database in network environment
2.4.1 Network environment
2.4.2 Client/server architecture
2.4.4 Database server
2.4.5 Web server
2.4.6 Web Browser
2.4.7 Web page
2.5 Tools and Language used
2.5.4 Apache server
CHAPTER III: RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3.2 Prototyping model
3.3 Advantages of prototyping
3.4 Disadvantages of prototyping
3.5 The process of prototyping
3.6 Prototype cycle
3.6 The importance of using prototyping
3.7 Analysis of the system
3.7.1 The existing system
3.7.2 The proposed system
3.7.3 System requirements
3.8 System Actors
3.8.1 Actor glossary
3.8.2 System outline
3.9 Data flow diagram
3.9.1 Dataflow notations
3.9.2 Context Diagram
22.214.171.124 Data Flow Diagram Level 0
126.96.36.199 Data Flow Diagram for School Secretary/ Register
188.8.131.52 Data Flow Diagram for School Secretary/ View
184.108.40.206 Data Flow Diagram for Secretary/ Edit
220.127.116.11 Data Flow Diagram for System Administrator/ Create User
3.9.3 Entity Relationship Diagram of SMS
CHAPTER IV: IMPLEMENTATION OF SMS
4.1 Interfaces of SMS
4.1.1 Home Page of SMS
4.1.2 The Login Page
4.1.3 Administration Page
4.1.4 Page for course scheduling
4.1.5 Page of form for scheduling course
4.1.6 View teachers
4.1.7 Registering new teacher
4.1.8 List courses to edit or delete some of them
4.2 Hypothesis Verification
CHAPTER V: CONCLUSION AND RECOMMANDATION
I. BOOKS 36
LIST OF SYMBOLS AND ABBREVIATION
ASP: Application Service Provider
CSS : Cascanding Style Sheet
DBMS : Database Management System
DFD : Data Flow Diagram
ER : Entity Relationship
ERD : Entity Relationship Diagram
GB : Gigabyte
GHZ : Gigahertz
HTML : HyperText Markup Language
HTTP : HyperText Transfer Protocol
IS : Information System
IT : Information Technology
ITAA : Information Technology Association of America
MB : Megabyte
PC : Personal Computer
PHP : Personal Home Page
RAM : Random Access Memory
SDLC : Software Development Life Cycle
SGML : Standard Generalized Markup Language
SMS : School Management System
SQL : Structured Query Language
URL : Uniform Resource Locators
WWW : World Wide Web
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Actor Glossary
Table 2: Dataflow notations
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Data modeling
Figure 2: Database management system (DBMS)
Figure 3: Client/server architecture
Figure 4: Data server
Figure 5: Prototype Cycle
Figure 6: System outline
Figure 7: Context Diagram
Figure 8: DFD level 0
Figure 9: DFD level 1/ Registration
Figure 10: DFD level 1/ View
Figure 11: DFD level 1/ Edit
Figure 12: DFD level 1/ User creation
Figure 13: Entity relationship
Figure 14: Home Page of SMS
Figure 15: The Login Page
Figure 16: Administration Page
Figure 17: View teachers
Figure 18: Registering new teacher
There is now no doubt that the information revolution is the largest and most innovative that marked the life of mankind in this century. Indeed, far from being a passing fad or a passing trend, the computer just brought many advantages to our way of life. No field is a stranger to this trend that has offered many advantages to both business and administrative sector.
But beyond the individual use of the computer, it is especially the establishment of communication between computers, which helped to revolutionize the methods of work. Thus, we have witnessed the emergence of networks.
This step provides new users with new tools and allows them to improve profitability and productivity.
Today, the business is done online worldwide, the management of institutions is done through network technology, all the systems of information management has been digitized. All these innovations have the aim to simplify life by making a lot of things easily and in a short time. Within this framework of ideas that our project: Development of School Management System which can be used by Cornel Nursery and primary School as my case study is developed as final work to fulfill the requirements of obtaining -----------------------------------.
1.1 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The problem currently facing the school Cornel Nursery and primary School is the management of course delivery. Here, the teacher does not properly handle their workload, and sometimes the courses are not offered on time. The number of students who must study the course is not followed. The main problem is to manage the teachers work and courses scheduling.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF STUSY
The project objectives are:
-Suggestion of a management system that will provide a solution to some problems in schools for course planning and evaluation of teachers in a given time, and meet the system requirements.
- Designing a new system that will provide a good way and easy to manage the delivery of courses
- Ensure system security.
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
1.3.1 Personal Interest
Providing solutions to practical problems using knowledge gained from the particular class of ---------------, software engineering, system analysis, system management databases and web design in my studies in information technology.
1.3.2 Institutional Interest
The implementation of the school management system will dispense courses in Cornel Nursery and primary School to manage institutional resources in an efficient, effective and accountable way.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
This project will demonstrate that the development of school management system will improve the quality of services in Cornel Nursery and primary School, creating an automated application to plan and manage the delivery of courses.
1.5 SCOPE OF STUDY
The scope of this project is focused to the course planning for teachers, and due to the time constraints the work is limited only to one of modern schools in Lagos. Although this is considered as a prototype model, the project could be extended later to build full Course planning system to a big school such as University where will be all information, and different calculations of the time used by different teachers.
To develop a web based application of school management system, it will be necessary to use two types of methodology known as research methodology and software engineering development methodology.
1.7 ORGANIZATION OF THE PROJECT
This project will be divided into five parts:
+ The first part deals with the general description of the system. + The second part will deals with the review of literature,
+ The third part will deal with the methodology which will be used in the development of the software.
+ The fourth part will deal with the practical issues of development and implementation of the software
+ The last part will be concerning the conclusion and recommendation
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF SPRINGLIGHT TECHNOLOGY, UYO)» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1.0 GENERAL INTRODUCTION Project management establishments like Springlight Technology, Treasure property& project manage...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Historical Background of the Case Study 1.2 Aims and Objectives of the Study 1.3 The Scope of the Study 1.4 Limitation of...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION oF AUTOMATION OF LIBRARY SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE POLYTECHNIC LIBRARY IREE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. INTRODUCTION A system or computer system can be said to be an electronic device or machine, which accept data, process programs and t...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED RESTURANT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM CASE STUDY JEVENIKS RESTURANT ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This project work is primarily designed to give an insight to computer based restaurant management information system. It is as a result of p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputerized based spec analysis system includes the sets of methods that allow us to measure the dimensions and dynamics of populations. Thes...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The term “Smart Home” was first coined by the American Association of House builders in 1...Continue Reading »
8. PREDICTING STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE USING ARTIFICIAL NEURAL NETWORK (A CASE STUDY OF COMPUTER SCIENCE DEPARTMENT, FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINN...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study Education is an essential factor for improving the socio economic, cultural, and poli...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER INTELLIGENT PHARMACEUTICAL CENTRE SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNTH ENUGU)» ABSTRACT The need to develop a system that would improve the management of stocked pharmaceutical items in the pharmacy became beatable due to some se...Continue Reading »
10. The evaluation of the effect of national health insurance scheme in enhancing health care delivery in enugu metropolis» THE EVALUATION OF THE EFFECT OF NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME IN ENHANCING HEALTH CARE DELIVERY IN ENUGU METROPOLISABSTRACTThe project on the topic...Continue Reading »