Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 64 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Corporate strategy is part of managerial economics that described the scope and direction of an organization over a long period of time. Corporate strategy is the process of the overall scope and direction of a corporation and the way in which its various business operations work to achieve their goals. This project is concerned about the responsibility among different participants in different organization such as the board, managers, shareholders, and other stakeholder and spells out the rules and procedures for making decisions on corporate affairs. Financial performance is an important concept that relates to the way and manner in which human, material and financial resources available to an organization and is judiciously applied to achieve the overall corporate objectives (Young, 2003).Since the 1970, a growing number of studies have been going on linking corporate polices and performance with governance. The reason being that, allegations were not tested using the corporate governance variables and performance indices. Corporate scandals around the world in recent years contributed to raising awareness among managers, investors and regulators and in many countries to produce quantitative measures on governance, and estimate their impact on the decision-making process of firms.Hence, financial scandals around the world and the recent collapse of major corporate institutions in the USA, South East Asia, European and Nigeria such as Adelphia, Enron, world’s corn, commerce banks and recently shaken investor’s confidence in the capital markets and the efficiency or existing corporate strategy practices in promoting transparency and accountability. This has revealed the need for practice of good corporate strategy and governance.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Strictly speaking, corporate governance rest with the board which is expected to exhibit ethics, integrity and probity in ensuring that corporate affairs are in line with the corporate objectives. But what appears to be the thing is that financial institutions in developing countries are characterized by instability, tenure of office, ineptitude, share incompetence; inter personal disagreement and hostilities within the board which often lead to polarization of rank and file of staff (Kyereboad, 2007). More so, board members and top management staff often take advantage of this scenario and engage in arbitrage opportunities and rent seeking activities rather than planning for high corporate performance and survival strategies all of which are systematically involved in negative effect on the organization.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to examine corporate strategy and financial performance of financial institutions listed on the Nigerian stock exchange and the specific objective includes:
- To examine the significant relationship between corporate strategy and the financial performance.
- To ascertain the significant relationship between corporate strategy and financial institution.
- To determine the significant relationship between audit committee and investors.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESES
HO: There is no significant relationship between corporate strategy and the financial performance.
HI: There is significant relationship between corporate strategy and financial performance.
HO: There is no significant relationship exists between corporate strategy and financial institution.
HI: There is significant relationship corporate strategy and financial institution.
HO: There is no significant relationship between audit committee and investors.
HI: There is significant relationship between audit committee and investors.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Companies draw up financial plan to efficiently direct the change of an economy. The study is thus significant in the following ways;
Firm: This also help firms set themselves up for making sure corporate strategists seize market opportunities that emerge in the short and long terms without a sound, focused financial strategy, the financial institution may lack the occupational framework needed to motivate employees and improve their productivity importance.
Security Exchange: Securities exchange players keep across on company’s financial performance and corporate strategy takes an in-depth look at how accounting manager prepares financial statement, making sure the report adhere to regulatory guidelines in the Nigeria stock exchange
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This scope of this study is to cover the sufficient evidence of relationship between corporate strategy and financial performance as a corner stone of an effective corporate strategy system in the Nigerian stock exchange. They go hand in hand although both concepts are distinct. The corporate strategy affect how senior leadership raise operating funds and spends corporate cash, decision that have ultimate impacts of the company’s profitability. Benin City, Edo State was used as the geographical location, using a time frame of 5 years (2009 – 2013). However, a sample size of 72 was used to yield effective result.Gary (2002) coined the term strategy convergence to explain the limitation of the strategic being used by rivals in greatly differing circumstances, he lamented that successful strategies are limited by firms that do not understand the strategy for the specific of each situation. But in the world where strategies must be implemented, the factors are interdependent means that are likely to determine end as end are to determine means. These factors are:
- Time frame as a result of the very short period, it has a difficult task in combining activities with going to the field to collect materials for the research work.
- Smallness in sample size.
- Inability to get a complete random sampling.
- Respondents might not disclose true fact about their organization.
- Finally was dearth of materials getting up to date, (i.e. materials for the research were a very big task.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Corporate Strategy: this is the overall scope and direction of a corporation and the way in which its various business operations work together to achieves particular goals.
2. Strategy: This is the direction and scope of an organization over the long term which achieves advantage for the organization through its configuration of resource within a challenging environment, to meet the needs of markets and to fulfill stakeholder expectations.
3. Financial Performance: This is an important concept that relates to the way and manner in which financial resources available to an organization are judiciously used to achieve the overall corporate objective of an organization, in keeps the organization in business and creates a greater prospect for future opportunities.
4. Corporate Governance: This is the process affected by a set of legislative, regulatory, legal, market mechanisms, listing standard, best practices and effort of all corporate participants including auditors and financial advisors which create a system of checks and balance with the goals of creating and enhancing and sustainable value while protecting the interest of external environment.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS MANAGEMENT FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This is the age of experts. The amount of human knowledge has become accumulated at such a ra...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRPDUCTION Inventory in some big organization constitute the largest item of working capital and it’s control is very essentia...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Burnout is one of the psychological challenges that employees are faced with in the highly stress...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In this research, it is assumed that unemployment is a factor inherent in the nation’s economic system, first because intentionally or unin...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the impact of technological advancement on the growth of entrepreneurship in Akwa Ibom State Transport Company Limited (A...Continue Reading »
6. A SUGGESTED POLICY FRAMEWORK FOR IMPROVING BUREAUCRATIC EFFECTIVENESS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT Every local government in Nigeria functions on a framework of bureaucracy. This enables them to function optimally and with shared layers of ...Continue Reading »
7. TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT AND ORGANISATIONAL PERFORMANCE (CASE OF THE PROMISE FAST FOOD, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY In 2003, as a result of international pressure and as a condition for the lifting of UN sanctions Nigeria...Continue Reading »
8. Effective Recruitment and Selection as a tool for achieving higher employee productivity in an organization.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is no doubt that the achievement of the corporate objectives largely depends on the caliber of...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTS OF MARKETING SEGMENTATION ON SALES PERFORMANCE IN BEVERAGES INDUSTRY WITH A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIG. PLC KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Marketing has over the years advanced from various concepts and philosophies, which include the production concept, selli...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The whole universe include our country, are so much on the brink of this immense technology. It h...Continue Reading »