Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of this research work is to look into the factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in ten (10) selected secondary schools in Ebonyi State. The study was examined under the following factors; teacher-related factors, students-related factors, administrative related factors and facilities related factors. Based in these four research questions were generated for the research. Data were collected by means of questionnaire administered on three hundred and fifty two (352) senior secondary school (SSS) III students, who were not offering business subjects drawn from the three (3) senatorial zones which include Ebonyi south, Ebonyi north and Ebonyi central of Ebonyi State and which was used in the area of study. The data collected were analyzed using statistical mean. major findings were as follows: Lack of professional competence, among the business teachers, poor teacher/students relationship, use of inappropriate teaching method/technique, lack of vocational guidance, lack of government motivation, instructional aids, parents and peer group influence among others were responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
Background of the Study
Business education is a field of education which deal with business experiences for specialized occupational uses. Business education involves teaching students the fundamentals, theories, and process of business. As an arm of vocational education, its essential roles in the task of nation building is inestimable and well known to accountant, scientists, educationists and to people of all works of life. The realization of the essential role of education in general necessitate various plans and programme aimed at developing education at all levels in Nigeria in general and Ebonyi State in particular.
Every person is involved in and depending on the world of business with it’s series of activities. This modern world with it’s holding companies; local, state and federal budgets, changing monetary policies government regulations and trade restrictions, demands a well informed citizenry. The market are filled with various types of goods and services. As consumers, people must decide how they will spend their limited income by choosing among many goods and services offered by business in a manner that will best meet their needs.
According to Azuka, Nwosu, Kanu and Agomuo (2006), in order to be economically literate and be informed citizens, wise consumers and competent workers, each person must have some understanding of the world of business and it’s functions.
The origin of business is traceable to private business schools. In the early 1990’s the proprietor’s of this private schools run them with motive of making profits. The curriculum was limited to few subjects like shorthand, typewriting, accounting, commerce, office practice, and secretarial studies. The system of education had in the past concentrated on the liberal academic education. Criticism of this type of education lead to the introcution of termed as functional education (6-3-3-4), system of education in the government owned secondary school in Nigeria. In that same period, the curriculum was not properly planned and business communities were not involved in the administration of the schools to contribute financially or otherwise. The introduction of the 6-3-3-4 system of education in Nigeria placed great emphasis on business education.
Apart from all-that the student can gain from studying business education only a few student enroll for business subjects in their final year examination in senior secondary school (SSS III). Therefore, this study was specifically designed to sought out factors responsible for student’s low enrolment in business subjects in Ebonyi State Secondary schools.
Statement of the Problem
Considering the need for functional educational and criticism of liberal education which lead to the introduction of business subjects in secondary school; students low enrolment in this subject matter has been observed as a serious problem facing various secondary schools in Ebonyi State that is offering business subjects. Also it is annoying to observe that business subjects seem not to be progressing as it should be culminating to low enrolment of students in this area of the study.
Therefore the study is designed to sought out the root causes of this unfortunate state of affairs in the secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of this study is to find out the factors responsible for student low enrolment in business subject in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
Specifically, this study will sought to find out:
1. Teacher related factors responsible for student’s low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
2. Student related factors responsible for student’s low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
3. Administrative related factors responsible for student low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
4. Facilitates related factors responsible for student’s low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools Ebonyi State.
To achieve the purpose of the study; the following research questions are designed:
1. What are the teachers related factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects secondary schools in Ebonyi State?
2. What are the students related factors responsible for student’s low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State?
3. What are the administrative related factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in secondary in Ebonyi State.
4. What are the facilities related factors responsible for students low enrolment in business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State?
Significance of the Study
The purpose of this study is geared towards investigating the factors responsible for low enrolment of students in secondary schools in Ebonyi State. It will be immense beneficial to the educational planners, since it will assist them in formulation of sound and functional curriculum that will induce the students to study business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State and in Nigeria in general.
It will also be important to the policy maker to implement educational policies that will improve business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
Furthermore, it will be important to teachers to qualify in teaching business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
In addition, it will be important for students to be wise consumers of economic goods and services.
Finally, the suggestions or opinions or recommendation which emanated from this study will help the state government to solve problems of student’s low enrolment on business subjects in secondary schools in Ebonyi State.
Scope of the Study
This study covered nine (10) selected secondary schools in the three senatorial zones of Ebonyi State i.e Ebonyi South, Ebonyi North, Ebonyi Central.
Limitation of the Study
This study was limited to the time and financial resources available to researcher.
Time constraint: Due to the tight programme of the university as a result of the time schedule, the researcher was not opportuned to have all the time as she required.
Financial constraint: This constraint was as a result of high cost of transportation to travel round all the secondary schools in Evonyi State. That is why she decided to divide Ebony State into three (3) senatorial zones so as to justify the reliability of this work.
Also, this financial issue equally affected the materials the researcher used for the study. For example, some of the information found in the internet for this work, she was not with enough money to print out the hard copy but she spent the whole of the night copying the information in her exercise book. Some of the authors work she would have used for the work, she was not desposed with enough money to buy it and therefore decided to borrow from other counter parts.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Teaching is an old profession for centuries the teachers has been a reverend individual, a person...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 599 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
2. THE IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURIAL EDUCATION ON ENTREPRENEURIAL INTENTIONS AMONG UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY» ABSTRACT The general objective of this study is to determine the impact of entrepreneurial education, personal attitude, social norm and perceived beh...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 445 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION AND STATEMTN OF PROBLEM 1.1 INTRODUCTION. Our present concern about skills development in information and communication t...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 556 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
4. APPRAISAL OF THE IMPACT OF EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY ON PRODUCTIVITY (A CASE STUDY OF UNILEVER NIGERIA PLC ABA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Most managers of human resources have the view that the employees are the greatest asset of the o...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 410 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
5. PROBLEM AND PROSPETS OF SMALL SCALE FISH FARMERS IN EDO STATE: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNEMNT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The story of aquaculture in Nigeria is essentially the story of catfish culture and the hope of fish supply in Nigeria hang o...Continue Reading »
706 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
6. ASSESSMENT OF AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF E-LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES IN BUSINESS EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Business education has been described as education for and about business (Okwuanaso & Nwazor, 20...Continue Reading »
94 pages | 534 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The present day condition of the continuous rise in prices of commodities (consumable and durable...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 448 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
» 1.0 INTRODUCTION OF THE STUDY 1.1 BACKGROUND Micro finance Bank (describe here as small scale financial services to claim that they are economically a...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 232 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
9. BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS’ ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILLS ACQUISITION AND THE ATTAINMENT OF SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN PORT HARCOURT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria, like any other developing country is highly sensitive to the need of providing vocationa...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 513 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION
10. THE APPLICATION OF PRODUCTION SKILLS IN THE MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATION TO GAIN COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Production skills (defined) Industries and business organization be it private or public, have one th...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 314 hits | Source: BUSINESS EDUCATION