Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 124 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
1.0 Background to the Study
The concept of Human Resource Planning in any organization is an issue which deserves attention because it constitutes a major focus on the objective of an organization which is meant to foster effectiveness in the collective use of human talents for the overall benefit and interest of the employee and the organization . Consequently, for any organization to survive the changing needs in manpower utilization acquisition from excessive labor turnover low productivity, it has become paramount to imbibe a vibrant Human Resource Planning strategy by closely forecasting the present and future levels of employees required for its sustainability in the rapid changing society.
Human resource planning is defined as the process of assessing an organizational human resources needs in the light of organizational goals and changing conditions and making plans to ensure that a competent stable work force is employed and retained. However the actual planning process will vary a great deal from one organization to another. Even though various definitions of human resource planning have been given by some schools of thought such as James Walker, Pattern, and Fayana ( 2002 ) , however, it is a broad process addressing multiple levels of increasing organization effectiveness on the management of Human Resources and people management.
The term people management embraces the two related concepts of human resource management (HRM) and human capital management (HCM). HRM aims to ensure that the organization obtains and retains the skilled, committed and well- motivated work force it needs. This means taking steps to access and satisfy future people needs and to develop their inherent capacities, potentials and employability.
The process of HCM is closely associated with human resource management. However the focus is more on the use of metrics (measurements of HR and people performance) as a means of providing guidance on people management, strategy and practice.
Consequently against this background, this project is determined to further expose you to those aspects of human resource planning especially as it relates to a Research and Academic Institution such as the National Water Resources Institute in Kaduna, Nigeria. This project seek to deal specially with the meaning, need, importance and process of human resource planning.
1.1 Statement of the Research Problem
This study is concerned with the human resource planning and productivity issue in an institution and to further identify how human resource planning effectively contributes to the attainment of its objectives in the National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna. It is worthy of note that research activities, periodic scientific journals or publications of the National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna have not rendered much impact over the years on the overall abundant water resources of the nation Nigeria which could be attributed to constrains in the aspect of a vibrant personnel management policy or deficiency of a sound human resource planning programme which might have been contributory to the resultant consequential effects on the overall targeted performance of the organization. Hopefully, it is the desire of this study to investigate the immediate and long time problems which could have militated on the low output in the institute and to further make a positive impact on the attainment of higher productivity in consolidating its human resource planning.
1.2 Purpose / Objective of the Study
The purpose of this study is to examine human resource planning and its impact on the organizational productivity, using the National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna as a case study with focus on the following objectives;
a. To identify the methods and stages of human resource planning being adopted by the institute.
b. To determine the impact of human resource planning on the organizational productivity.
1.3 Research Questions
This research study is aimed at asking why the organizational impact in productivity of the National Water Research Institute is not very much felt in water delivery and control across the country Nigeria despite the large potential of water resources and huge financial investment by governments over the years.
1. What are the methods and stages of human resource planning being adopted by the National Water Research Institute, Kaduna?.
2. What are the impacts of human resource planning on the organizational productivity?
The research intends to seek explanation for the phenomenon required for test as shown below.
H0: Human resource planning has no impact on workers productivity.
HA: Human resource planning has impact on workers productivity. 1.5 Significance of the Study
The study will potentially serve as a reference point to the human resource strategies of the National Water Resource Institute in its drive towards achieving excellence in service delivery and effective, productive personnel management structure. It is also expected to be a rallying point for other human resource managers who may wish to carry out a study of the institute and its productivity concept.
Another significance of this study would be as a guide to students of human resource management who may wish to undertake a project study of the institute or any other organization of interest, and to other researchers in the field of human resource management.
Also it is a prerequisite for the award of Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Human Resource Management. Organizations both private and public sectors will also benefit from findings of this study. This study undertaken by the researcher on the human resource planning and productivity of the National Water Resources Institute, Mando, in Kaduna will be of outmost importance not only to the researcher but to the organization under study which is expected to generate future strategies from the findings.
1.6 Scope and Delimitation of the Study
The scope covers the National Water Resources Institute, Kaduna. Other institutions were not covered by this study. It also examined the effect of human resource issues regarding human resource planning and organizational productivity. Other issues about National Water resources Institute are not covered by this study, therefore any reader interested in such other issues on the institute should check some where else. All relevant information were sourced from the staff of the institute in Kaduna.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The researcher could not have free access to some information about the present personnel and human resource planning processes or strategies operational in the institute at Kaduna, and was denied interviews by the management staff for fear of releasing vital information to the researcher due to their official confidentiality. Also encountered were problems of literature availability, restricted library and limited journals.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Concept: Refers to a broad guiding general principle affecting perception and behavior. Confidentiality: Information not made available to the public.
Effectiveness: Is causing a result, especially the desired or intended result.
Employee: A paid worker.
Management: Is a social process entailing the responsibility for the organizing and controlling of affairs of a business or sector towards the fulfillment of a given purpose or task.
Labor turnover: Is the change in employees in an organization by the number who leave an organization and are replaced in a given period.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY One of the cardinal focus of the management is the application of management strategies that would bring about...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was embarked upon to gain institute into growth of indigenous firms in Nigeria. This is specifically an attempt to investigate ...Continue Reading »
3. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR ATTAINING HIGH PRODUCTIVITY IN PEUGEOT AUTOMOBILE NIGERIAN LIMITED (PAN) KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Available of resources is a vital need for the survival of human ventures. These include human, m...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined the effectiveness of monetary policy on the growth of Nigeria economy between the period of 1981 and 2012 with the object...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECT OF LEADERSHIP STYLES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA STATE» Abstract The factors which lead to the failures of Small and Medium Scale Enterprises could be tied to their decision making process, hence their lead...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF ENTREPRENEURIAL MARKETING PRACTICES ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN ASABA, DELTA STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Ensuring long term organizational performance is a challenge in our present technology driven and...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE PLC ASABA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate social responsibility is one vital aspect of any business. However, this is one area w...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF CONFLICT MANAGEMENT EFFECTIVENESS ON ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF PRODUCTIVITY IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Conflict in an organization is a state of discord by the actual and opposing power which arise fr...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF LEADERSHIP STYLE ON WORKER’S PERFORMANCE: A CASE STUDY OF GUARANTEE TRUST BANK PLC,» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY There is hardly any conversation today in Nigeria that doesn’t begin with the word “leadership&rdq...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF INCENTIVE AND FRINGE BENEFIT ON EMPLOYEES JOB PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF SPECOMILL TEXTILES LIMITED IKEJA LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Specomill Textile Limited, a manufacturer of Textile Material was established by some of the Indonesian expatr...Continue Reading »