Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Human societies as the develop evolve technique, methods and strategies that enable them master their environment and ensure that survival. To the materials available to than, they apply these techniques, methods and strategies to achieve a mix that optimally serves their need within the limits of their perception. As their awareness increases and new materials are discovered the limits of this perception widen.
Better procedures are found adapting action to circumstances and means to ends. Inevitably, a cidre of people emerge to perpetuate and guarantee the application of these discoveries. Improved techniques for betterment of that society results. This process depicts a unique relationship between three key elements technology, management and development.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Technologies are some of the ways in which a social group provides itself with the materials objects of its civilization. More closely defined, technology is the body of skills knowledge and procedures for making, using and doing useful things the techniques for accomplishing recognized purposes.
By this definition, technology transcends the technical artifacts (machines, factories etc) by which it is often associated and goes on to embrace the simple ways by which primitive cultures tend for themselves as they strive to survive in hostile natural environment. Drucker’s (1968:66) views technology as the craft and science of any organized human activity.
Management will be considered as meaning:
i. The process and activity of carrying out the task of ensuring that number diverse activities are performed in such a way that a defined objective is achieved especially the task of creating and maintaining condition in which desired objectives are achieved by the combined efforts of a group of people using limited resources.
ii. And as the group of people within an organization who are primarily concerned with the management of the activities of that organization.
As a process and activity, management is concerned with the provision, and development of resources be it men, materials or money, as a group of people, it is the institution vested with responsibility, power and authority to perform the tasks implied by the process, such tasks are performed with which the enter price interacts. Within these environments lie the challenges of development and change.
Advance learners dictionary defines development as “the process or state of causing things to grow larger, further or more mature and organized, of unfolding things”. Thus between the fast and present things develop. Development take place, as the present becomes the future.
Development is characterized by change, by a break in continuity, a rearrangement, or break through. Something different emerges and relationships are restructured, demands increase and challenges arise.
Consequently, problems of adjustment are created and attachments to things and phenomena increase.
Derek French and Heather Seqard dictionary of management, (Pan Books Ltd London, 1975) p. 247 Loc. Cit, A.S Hornby et al. Oxford Advanced learners Dictionary of English (ELBS and Oxford University Press, London, 1973:239). Technologies change, methods change, people change and organizations change as human beings try to do things better to grow and to improve. These changes interact with each other and with the environment to produce muse change and developments. Within this general frame work of definitions and delineations, the researcher will find out the implications and challenges of technological development for managers operating within Nigeria.
It must be admitted that even though technology and management have significant universal characteristic individually and in their interrelationships most of their effects have meaning and importance only when considered against particular socio-cultural backgrounds. Technological development and its management necessarily imply different things in Nigeria as distinct form other countries and culture.
The challenges differ and the required managerial action must reflect the environmental conditions.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
To satisfy the inquiring nature of this study the following pertinent questions are posited or asked.
1. Does technology require effectively managed organization for its exploitation and perpetuation?
2. Is efficient management a prerequisite for technological development in Nigeria?
3. Is political instability and inadequate security a hindrance to technological development in Nigeria?
4. What are the influences of social, economic and environmental factors on technologies development in Nigeria?
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
In reading the importance of the advancement in technology to any organization, the fundamental question that arises is how can an organization be managed so as to tap or exploit this intricate and sophisticated technology. Therefore the aims of this work are;
1. To identify the implications of current technological tendencies and needs for management.
2. to identify the challenges and problems posed by technological development for Nigeria management.
3. to identify if any the advancement of management technological development exist in Nigeria.
4. finally, proffering possible ways in which they could adapt to him in the tight of current conditions and trends.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Research on this topic is virtually like conducting a social research since it involves dealing with people and finding their way of doing things that is how they tackle and handle indicate and sophisticated technology of the research work. It scope covers a wide global range of the country (Nigeria) in pursuance of technological development of aluminium industries.
1.5 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The research work will be limited due to the following constraints.
Time factor: This has been of serious effect on the conduct of this research and this made it in possible to cover the whole Nigeria. Being of course a final year student, the researcher had to short of time at his disposal for the study as he had to combine it with other academic work. In addition to the time factor was inadequate funds which is affecting every body in this country more so, to a student like the researcher.
Financial factor: The success of any research work depends largely on the extent to, which k the work is financed. Due to listed finance, it was impossible for the researcher to carry out his work on all the whole Nigeria.
Uncooperative attitude: The study involved finding out the ingenuity and tactics applied to management from the beginning to their present position for trying to sustain technological advancement in the country. Uncooperative was encountered thereby implied interviewing and finding their problems and how they will be solved.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will provide an opportunity for any manager who is already in the field or who is coming into the field who may read it to appreciate what development in technology is all about, the problems and challenges posed by this technological development for Nigeria management.
Finally, proffering possible solutions to the problems, the acquaintances with all the issues to be raised with all things being equal will ginger the enthusiasm of many more managers in the direction with the consequent favourable chain effect festering rapid development in technology.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Technology: It is the body of skill, knowledge and procedures for making using and doing useful things the techniques for accomplishing recognized purposes.
Management: This is the process and activity of carrying out task of ensuring that a numbers diverse activities are performed in such a way that a defined objectives is achieved.
Development: Is the process or state of causing things to grow longer, further or more mature and organized unfolding things.
Environmental conditions: It is the condition that necessitates a group of functions or the personnel who carry activities out in an environment (organisation to provide autonym to either labour or ownership.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 OVERVIEW Corporate performance management is the area of business intelligence involved with monitoring and managing an organizations ...Continue Reading »
2. ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING AND PROCUREMENT PROCESSES EFFICIENCY IN FOUR SELECTED OIL AND GAS SERVICING COMPANIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background to the Study Procurement is seen as very important section in every organization hence, it requires a tight sy...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF MATERIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUE ON PRODUCTION PLANNING PROCESSES IN SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Material management is an integrated management approach to the planning, purchasing, ware housing, stock keeping allocation ...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of content vi Abstract x CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1....Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATING TRANSPORTATION, WAREHOUSING AND INVENTORY CONTROL PRACTICES IN SELECTED MANUFACTURING FIRMS IN NIGERIA: TOWARDS A PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION PRO...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The economy of any nation depends to a great extent on the production and distribution of finishe...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF E-PAYMENT SYSTEM IN TACKLING CORRUPTION IN NIGERIAN PUBLIC SERVICE: A STUDY OF INTEGRATED PAYROLL AND PERSONNEL INFORMATION SYSTEM (2007...» ABSTRACT The main focus of any Public Establishment in Nigeria has been to provide quality service to the public devoid of corruption, at faster rate ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background of the Essay Product is the most important in the marketing mix around which other activities resolved (th...Continue Reading »
8. LEADERSHIP STYLES AND EMPLOYEES PERFORMANCE (A CASE STUDY OF APACO FORM NIGERIAN LIMITED AGBOR, DELTA STATE)» ABSTRACT This research thesis is about the impact of leadership style and employees performance in the organization. The objective of this research wo...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE A STUDY OF AFRIBANK NIGERIAN PLC, ENUGU REGIONAL OFFICE» ABSTRACT This research work examined how the environment affects the structure of an organization. It focused on the types of environment in which the...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENT Title page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract Table of content CHAPTER ONE Background of the study Statement of resear...Continue Reading »