Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Strategic planning is one of the most important and vital stage in strategy. Strategic planning is important in achievement of organizational goals because it directs the steps to be used in achieving that goals that the organization needs. This work examines strategic planning and its achievement to organizational goals. The main objectives of this study is to examine the extent to which the use of strategic planning in an organization has helped in achieving the organizational goals. In carrying out this research work, primary and secondary source method were used in collecting of data, which was analyzed to find out that the use of strategic planning in achieving organizational goals has helped in the growth of such organization. Despite some argument against strategic planning, the researcher will show the relationship between strategic planning and the achievement of organizational goals.
1.0 Background of Study: Strategic planning being an integrated plan through which an organization accomplishes it plans and procedure to the achievement of organizational goals should not be overlooked or set aside once that organization want to actualize its goals. Every organization wants to grow’ and dominate the environment or the market it finds itself. But due to some economic downturn around the environment, most of them are being taken unawares. This brings about its poor performance. Like the Global Economic Meltdown that rocked the globe from 2007 to date, in that situation organization that plans strategically moves on even on a slow level.
Strategic planning according to Onwuchekwa C.I (2002) is an elaborate systematic analysis which influences the choice of a long term goals that defines the corporate strategy of a firm and also the component of corporate strategy which implement the corporate strategy through programme.
So strategic planning is important to an organization that finds itself in a changing environment for it to be in business, it also helps an organization to be precise in formulating its purpose, mission and objective. This situation improves the functioning of an organization.
It also becomes pertinent that through strategic planning, an organization is able to understand its major role in the society, its legitimacy to exist in the society with ultimate recognition by the task environment. And when an organization understands its role and mission through the components of strategic planning and its overall concept clearly, such an organization can develop a sense of direction and purpose and at the same time reduce the uncertainty level to certainty all for the achievement of organizational goals.
1.1. Statement of the Problems
In the business world, lots of organizations has failed because of inability to plan and strategize for its growth. Firms look for the proceed of their investment rather than means to achievement of their ends. However planning is the means through which organization accomplishes its goals. Bearing in mind that lots of business have failed due to inadequate planning, strategic planning being an integrated plans through which an organization accomplishes its objectives. Organization cannot survive without strategic planning; its now becomes important to know the relationship between strategic planning and the achievement of organizational goals.
1.2. Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study avenge other thing is
1. To examines the extent t which strategic planning has led to the growth and development of an organization.
2. To examines the relationship between top management functions and their involvement to the achievement of organizational goals.
3. To know if the actualization of organizational goals has a relationship to strategic planning
1.3. Research Questions
1. To what extent has strategic planning contributed to the growth and development of an organization?
2. How can the management function help in the achievement of organizational goals?
3. How can laid down plans be an instrument for the achievement of an organizational goals?
1.4. The Research Hypothesis
H1: Strategic planning in an organization does not help in the achievement of an organizational set goal.
H2: Using strategic planning in the achievement of an organizational goal is not faced with many hindrances
1.5 Scope of the Study
The study covers the role of strategic planning in the achievement of an organizational goal in rural areas of Awka South Local Government Area of Anambra State.
Awka South Local Government Area is made up of many towns but we are concentrating on one of the towns.
1.6. Limitation of the Study
In this study of the role of strategic planning in the achievement of an organizational goal, the following are the hindrances which the researcher may encounter.
1. Finance: Non availability of sufficient funds pose a problem in the course of the research work. For instance transportation cost in reaching most of the firm’s location was highly exorbitant and this limits the number of organizations to be reached.
2. Insufficient Information: Most of the managers or officers in charge atimes fail to disclose all relevant information needed for the study which will have negative effect on the study.
3. Time: For the fact that most staff/workers of a business organization are not educated, they take much time to fill the presence of the researcher to fill the questionnaire and in some cases require the presence of the researcher to explain further the questionnaires to them.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The practice of mixed economy appears to be global issue. Thus it is ever present in the economic and political system of mos...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The massive and frequent rate of textile industry closure in Nigeria is a disturbing phenomenon. The main objective of the study is to identi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION In a world where speed and adaptability can make or break a business, organization increasing is how companies win and ke...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Over time, the perception and practice of strategic management has been adopted across all nation...Continue Reading »
5. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEE PRODUCTIVITY OF SELECTED MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In the turbulent business environment, with changes in customer demands the main aim of every man...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA PLC» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Today’s business environment is very dynamic and undergoes rapid changes as a result of tec...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECT OF FIRM CHARACTERISTICS ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF PENSION FUNDS ADMINISTRATORS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The divergent opinion on the determinants of the financial performance of pension funds administrators has been an ongoing issue. Academic sc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The fortunes of an organization inevitably determine the position of secretaries to build a natio...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A prison is a place/space used to confine criminal or people convicted or awaiting trial. It incl...Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF COST PERFORMANCE AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN PRIVATIZED PUBLIC ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA» Abstract Despite an impressive level of privatization activity across Africa and the upsurge in search of the operating performance of privatized firm...Continue Reading »