Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
The federal government of Nigeria 1990 budget speech decided to establish community bank in order to strengthen its programmes of grassroots economic development. The fundamental concept of a community banks is of a self-sustaining financial institution, owned and managed by a community for the purpose of providing credit deposit, banking and the service to its members. It is designed to ensure that a community may establish a community bank for the purpose fo promoting rural development throughout the provision of finance and banking service improving the economic status of small scale producers both in the rural and urban areas, enhancing the rapid development of production activities especially in the rural economic growth in Nigeria. A bank licensed under the community bank decree shall accept from persons various types of deposit including savings and time savings.Receive or collect money on behalf of its customers, operate equipment leasing facilities which are designed to ensure access of its customer to farm input. Community bank in Nigeria banking system dates back to 1990 when the budget speech was delivered by the president commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, General Ibrahim Babangida.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement of the problem includes the following: -
1. How can loan able funds made accessible to rural borrowers to enhance their economic activities?
2. How can the loan be secured other than asking for tangible security like collateral?
3. How rural banking habit can be improved to assist I rural development?
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The studies conducted by the researcher on the role of
Community banks in rural development reveal that the objective of the study includes the following: -
1. To determine how rural dwellers had responded to the services of community banks.
2. To identify the type of customer that patronizes community banks.
3. To determine the type of services that is rendered to the public by the community banks.
4. To ascertain the extent to which granting of loan to rural dwellers has any effect on unemployment level.
5. To determine if any there non-banking services that are rendered to the public by the community banks.
6. To examine if the availability of the loan has reduced the level of rural urban migration.
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there is no type of services that is rendered to the public by the community banks.
H1: there is type of services that is rendered to the public by the community banks
H02:there are no types of customer that patronizes community banks
H2:there are types of customer that patronizes community banks
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work will be of immense help to thegovernment especially the rural development authority, as it will give them the opportunity to assess their performance in rural development. It will also be a great value to the community banks to assess their performance.Hence, it will be beneficial to the generality of the public. It will also be of a great importance to people carryout research in related topic. The study is as much as it attempts to achieve the purpose of promoting the rural development by providing financial and banking services, credit and deposit services as well as other facilities. It is also to achieve the festering of the spirit of community ownership and of economic assets and its maintenance on a suitable basis. To the economy at large, this study is of a great value since rural development involves providing those social amenities in the urban area to the rural area. This to some extent restricts the usual movement. Restriction will lead to the promotion of rural financial and banking services and integrated national financial system that responds to the need of the whole economy.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers the role of community bank in rural development of Nigeria. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7DEFINITION OF TERMS
For the purpose of this research work, the definition ofterms used with the UN Standard Industrial classification of economic activities.
1. Economic: Is the study of how a society organizes its money, in order to encourage its nation.
2. Rural Areas: In a little communities that is not as larging like the city
3. Community: Is all the people living in a particular area.
4. Community Bank: Is a self sustaining financial institution owned by a community or a group of community.
5. Loanable: This is the money that can organization such as a bank lend out money.
6. Funds: Is the amount of money that has been saved or that has been made available for a particular purpose
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE BANKING SECTOR AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT Corporate social responsibility is presently defined by the World Business Council of Sustainable Development as persistent commitment by bus...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is once again on the roller caster of a new clinche “2010” with health care reform as...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTIVE INTERNAL CONTROL OF FRAUDS IN BANKS A CASE STUDY OF COMMERCIAL AND MERCHANT BANKS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Ever since banking evolved, banks have come to be seen as one of the few places where one’s treasures can be kept without fear of theft...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLES OF UNIVERSAL BANKS IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE FINANCING IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF OCEANIC BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The research work was carried out to examine the importance of import and exports in International Trade Finance, various risks, methods of p...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Today, the advancement of mobile technologies has provided an opportunity for financial service providers in introducing new financial innova...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A bank could be described as a major financial institution which include finance houses, insuranc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Growth is necessary to determine the performance and continuity of any business organization. Without...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle pageApproval page.DedicationAcknowledgementTable of contentCHAPTER ONE:1.1 The background of the study1.2 Statement of problems1...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF MONETARY POLICY ON FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC OZORO DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term financial institution the general believe of people that one is referring to a particula...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Generally in Nigeria, banks are usually accused by customer’s of number of short coming...Continue Reading »