Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
One of the major problems confronting the Nigerian banking industry today is the increasing incidence of loan defaults and consequent loan losses which manifested on the profitability of the banks, with huge uncollectible loans and advances. This study therefore, examines the effects of loans and advances on the profitability of Nigerian banks.
The methodology used in the research includes secondary sources and primary sources of data collection. The data collected were analyzed using Correlation Coefficient, Pearson Product Moment Correlation and other statistical tools to establish trends and relationship between the variables. Furthermore, graphs were used in the interpretation of the data collected.
The study found out that at 5 percent level of significant; the calculated value of z is grater than the tabulated value in most of the banks considered in the
study. Therefore, this leads to the results that there is significant effect between loans and advances and its profitability. In order words this means that there is a significant effect between the way the banks manage their credits portfolio and the profitability of the banks.
It is the recommendation of the study that there is the need for a strong internal control system to strengthen the credit policy on the management of the banks’ credit facility. This involves the need for thorough checking of loan applications at various stages of granting loans and advances in the banks. Furthermore, banks must ensure strict tradeoff between their liquidity and profitability. This will ensure strict compliance with the money being kept by the banks and the amount granted for loans and advances.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Investment is an essential component of aggregate demand and fluctuations in investment have cons...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPART OF ECONOMIC RECESSION ON THE BANKING INDUSTRY: A CASE STUDY OF OCEANIC BANK INTERNATIONAL PLC, UGHELLI» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The banking industry has been under going several changes in Nigeria in recent years. These c...Continue Reading »
» ( A Case Study of Oha Microfinance Bank Ogui Road Branch, Enugu State) CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1: BACKGROND OF THE STUDY A robust economic growth c...Continue Reading »
4. MANAGEMENT OF BANK LIQUIDITY AS A TOOL FOR VIABILITY AND PROFITABILITY (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, WARRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Liquidity is the ability to mobilize cash or convert an into cash with minimum delay and minimum ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. In Nigeria Commercial Banking date back to 1894 when the Bank of British West Africa (BBWA) was ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The banking system plays a fundamental role in the growth and development of any economy. In fact...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In any developing and developed economy, the role of a well structured financial system cannot be ove...Continue Reading »
8. TREASURY MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES AND CHALLENGES IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY (A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF UNION AND UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Treasury function emerged as a result of the sophistication of banks. After the recapitalization ...Continue Reading »
9. EVALUATION OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN E-BANKING AND CYBER CRIME (A CASE STUDY OF FIDELITY BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT The study evaluates the impact of the relationship between e banking and cyber crime, the study has the following objectives,to evaluate the ...Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT INTO THE EFFECT OF VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCING ON THE PROFITABILITY OF SME IN NIGERIA.» CHAPTER ONE1.0 INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDYSmall and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) play a pivotal role in the national economies of countries...Continue Reading »