Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
One of the major problems confronting the Nigerian banking industry today is the increasing incidence of loan defaults and consequent loan losses which manifested on the profitability of the banks, with huge uncollectible loans and advances. This study therefore, examines the effects of loans and advances on the profitability of Nigerian banks.
The methodology used in the research includes secondary sources and primary sources of data collection. The data collected were analyzed using Correlation Coefficient, Pearson Product Moment Correlation and other statistical tools to establish trends and relationship between the variables. Furthermore, graphs were used in the interpretation of the data collected.
The study found out that at 5 percent level of significant; the calculated value of z is grater than the tabulated value in most of the banks considered in the
study. Therefore, this leads to the results that there is significant effect between loans and advances and its profitability. In order words this means that there is a significant effect between the way the banks manage their credits portfolio and the profitability of the banks.
It is the recommendation of the study that there is the need for a strong internal control system to strengthen the credit policy on the management of the banks’ credit facility. This involves the need for thorough checking of loan applications at various stages of granting loans and advances in the banks. Furthermore, banks must ensure strict tradeoff between their liquidity and profitability. This will ensure strict compliance with the money being kept by the banks and the amount granted for loans and advances.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In the business environment today, loyal customers are considered to be the pivot behind the succ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background information In any profit oriented organization, employment relationship is seen as an exchange process where ...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN EXPORT FINACNING IN NIGERIA FROM 2006 – 2012 (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC ONITSHA BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE THE ROLE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN EXPORT FINANCING IN NIGERIA INTRODUCTION: Financial institutions are organizations which deal basica...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The background of electronic payments can be traced back to the 1870’s when Western Union (...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN THE ALLEVIATION OF POVERTY IN NIGERIA. ( A Case Study of Oha Microfinance Bank Ogui Road Branch, Enugu State)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1: BACKGROND OF THE STUDY A robust economic growth cannot be achieved without putting in place well focused programme to re...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS TO THE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT SECTOR IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA) (1980-2007)» THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS TO THE INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT SECTOR IN NIGERIA A CASE STUDY UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA) (1980 2007) ABSTRACT It could b...Continue Reading »
7. A STUDY INTO THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM ON DETECTION AND PREVENTION OF FRAUD; A CASE STUDY OF MAINSTREET BANK, ABA BRANCH» CHAPTER 1 GENERAL INTRODUCTION INTRODUCTON How extensive should a company’s internal control system be? In today’s environment, this is a difficul...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A microfinance institution is a semi formal organization. It can be non government al or communit...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Although a lot of research works have been done on the prospects and challenges of information te...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by a desire to examine corporate governance indicators and performance of Nigerian banking sector. In light of the em...Continue Reading »