Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
One of the major problems confronting the Nigerian banking industry today is the increasing incidence of loan defaults and consequent loan losses which manifested on the profitability of the banks, with huge uncollectible loans and advances. This study therefore, examines the effects of loans and advances on the profitability of Nigerian banks.
The methodology used in the research includes secondary sources and primary sources of data collection. The data collected were analyzed using Correlation Coefficient, Pearson Product Moment Correlation and other statistical tools to establish trends and relationship between the variables. Furthermore, graphs were used in the interpretation of the data collected.
The study found out that at 5 percent level of significant; the calculated value of z is grater than the tabulated value in most of the banks considered in the
study. Therefore, this leads to the results that there is significant effect between loans and advances and its profitability. In order words this means that there is a significant effect between the way the banks manage their credits portfolio and the profitability of the banks.
It is the recommendation of the study that there is the need for a strong internal control system to strengthen the credit policy on the management of the banks’ credit facility. This involves the need for thorough checking of loan applications at various stages of granting loans and advances in the banks. Furthermore, banks must ensure strict tradeoff between their liquidity and profitability. This will ensure strict compliance with the money being kept by the banks and the amount granted for loans and advances.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE BANKING SECTOR AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT Corporate social responsibility is presently defined by the World Business Council of Sustainable Development as persistent commitment by bus...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF AUTOMATED TELLER MACHINE (ATM) ON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IN ACCESS BANK NIGERIA PLC, KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are devices used by bank customers to process account transaction...Continue Reading »
3. THE CAUSES, EFFECT AND PREVENTION OF FRAUD IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION With the existence of so many banks and the establishment of new ones in the banking industry, the banking environment is...Continue Reading »
4. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN KENYA» ABSTRACT Financial risk is inherent in every commercial bank, but commercial banks that embed the right financial risk management strategies into busi...Continue Reading »
5. LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC, ENUGU MAIN BRANCH AND ZENITH BANK PLC, OKPARA AVENUE ...» ABSTRACT Banking business is a very risky business. The operation of banks include; the mobilization of deposit and the extension of credit. A bank ca...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ON BANK EMPLOYEES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Management activities in the business world are directed towards achieving an ample share of the i...Continue Reading »
» This study examined the Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on Nigeria Economic Growth over the period of 29 years (1987 2015). Secondary data source w...Continue Reading »
8. Assessment of new media content and development among Nigerian undergraduate. A study of selected higher institutions in kwara state» Abstract This study assessed the new media content among undergraduate students in kwara state. It is a survey research employing descriptive research...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is motivated by a desire to examine corporate governance indicators and performance of Nigerian banking sector. In light of the em...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study The subject of transparency and accountability in modern day corporate organizations has continu...Continue Reading »