Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
One of the major problems confronting the Nigerian banking industry today is the increasing incidence of loan defaults and consequent loan losses which manifested on the profitability of the banks, with huge uncollectible loans and advances. This study therefore, examines the effects of loans and advances on the profitability of Nigerian banks.
The methodology used in the research includes secondary sources and primary sources of data collection. The data collected were analyzed using Correlation Coefficient, Pearson Product Moment Correlation and other statistical tools to establish trends and relationship between the variables. Furthermore, graphs were used in the interpretation of the data collected.
The study found out that at 5 percent level of significant; the calculated value of z is grater than the tabulated value in most of the banks considered in the
study. Therefore, this leads to the results that there is significant effect between loans and advances and its profitability. In order words this means that there is a significant effect between the way the banks manage their credits portfolio and the profitability of the banks.
It is the recommendation of the study that there is the need for a strong internal control system to strengthen the credit policy on the management of the banks’ credit facility. This involves the need for thorough checking of loan applications at various stages of granting loans and advances in the banks. Furthermore, banks must ensure strict tradeoff between their liquidity and profitability. This will ensure strict compliance with the money being kept by the banks and the amount granted for loans and advances.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR BANKING FINANCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATE THE IMPACTS OF CYBER CRIMES ON THE E-BANKING CHANNELS IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF ECOBANK OF NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of study Recognizable proof of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) as a fundamental device for reaso...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF PERSONNEL OUTSOURCING DECISION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF BANK (A CASE STUDY OF STANBIC IBTC PLC)» ABSTRACT Organizations are more competitive these days .To maintain competitive position, Firms are developing new strategies and introducing new tech...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY. The origin of banking in Nigeria dated back to the Goldsmith in venice and up till the main stay...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigates the impact of Liquidity and profitability as a survival strategy for banks in Nigeria and selected Skye bank of Niger...Continue Reading »
5. AN ASSESSMENT OF CUSTOMER PROTECTION AND THE CHALLENGES OF A CASH-LESS ECONOMY. (CASE STUDY UNITY BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT Cash less policy is a situation where the volume of the physical cash been used in the economy is reduced rather than total elimination of su...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background information In any profit oriented organization, employment relationship is seen as an exchange process where ...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON CUSTOMERS SERVICE DELIVERY (CASE STUDY OF UBA PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information technology is a body of tools with the convergence of communication and computer. It ...Continue Reading »
8. ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVES THROUGH EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION (A Case study of Bank PHB PLC, Kaduna)» ABSTRACTEffective communication in any organization, regardless of its type and size remains critical to the achievement of organizational objectives....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Electronic banking is simply operating the banking system through the internet and it signifies both global public network and a family of te...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Treasury Single Account is a public accounting system under which all government revenue, receipt...Continue Reading »