Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study aims at evaluating the oil sector vis- a vis the agricultural sector in Nigeria from 1981-2007. The role of agriculture in the Nigerian society has been quite significant even in the pre-colonial times. The attractiveness of the Nigerian agricultural sector to the colonialist largely formed the basis for the development of the railway system from the north to the coast through the eastern and western of the country given that there was the need to evacuate agricultural produce from the hinterland to the coasts for onward shipment to Europe as raw material to feed British industries. The agricultural sector used to be the mainstay of the Nigerian economy. It provided for the nation, generated revenue and foreign exchange earnings for the government, supplied raw materials to the industrial sector, generated employment and contributed over 50% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP). This occurred until the 1970’s when the oil sector came in and took over from agriculture in such a way that there was a rapid decline in the agricultural sector output. Nigeria became solely dependent on the oil sector for its revenue such that policies that were formulated were usually in favor of the oil sector. This obviously has led to the neglect of the agricultural sector as all focuses are on the oil sector. This research work aims at determining the relationship between the oil sector and the agricultural sector, the impact of the oil sector and the effects of exchange rate on the agricultural sector and to find out ways to solve the problem, and make some recommendations that can bring about positive change.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Extraction other wise called leaching is the preferential solution of one or more constituents of a solid mixture by contact ...Continue Reading »
75 pages | 144 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT This project work is primarily designed to provide complete understanding of poultry farming as an economic tool commercial poultry farming i...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 352 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
3. POPULATION PRESSURE AND AGRICULTURAL LAND PRODUCTIVITY A CASE STUDY OF TAI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY In recent times, one of the major issues in the world especially in third world countries has been the al...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 115 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACTIn recent decades, the potential contribution of agriculture to economic growth has been a subject of controversy among development economists...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 340 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» Abstract The study assessed the constrains to organizing agricultural shows in Benue State, Nigeria. Specifically, it ascertained the roles of agencie...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 271 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
6. ASSESSING RAW MATERIAL INSPECTION AND IT IMPACTS ON QUALITY OF PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY, KADUNA» CHAPTER I: Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study The ideal situation for inspection is of course one in which no inspection is necessary. This is b...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 169 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» xi ABSTRACT In spite of the use of available production technologies by swamp rice farmers, much of the world’s intensive food production is sti...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 124 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
8. URBAN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIEACVS: STATE ANDURBAN AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES: STATE AND NEEDS OF FARM OPERATIONS IN ENUGIJ. NEEDS OF FARM OPERATIONS IN EN...» Abstract The main driv,ing force for farmers to become engaged in urban agriculture are food security and income generation (poverty alleviation). In ...Continue Reading »
125 pages | 358 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
» ABSTRACT The study identified strategies for ensuring food security in Taraba State. Specifically, the study was designed to identify the determinants...Continue Reading »
121 pages | 160 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
10. ASSESSMENT OF FARMERS’AWARENESS AND ADAPTATION MEASURES TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE NORTHERN ZONE OF SOKOTO STATE AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study According to Ayoade (2006), climate is the mean state of atmosphere of an area over a defined per...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 156 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION