Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 57 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The purpose of the study was to determine the role of agriculture in economic growth and poverty reduction in Nigeria. The data used were collected from the statistical bulletin of the Central Bank of Nigeria and World Bank’s development indicators, and covered the period of 33 years ranging from 1981 to 2014. Multiple regression was used to analyze the data. The result showed that agriculture has significant impact o n economic growth in Nigeria. It was also showed that agriculture has significant impact on poverty reduction in Nigeria. The other variable included in the model which is non-agriculture output did not have significant impact on poverty reduction. The study therefore recommends among others that government provides more funding for agriculture universities in Nigeria to carry out researchers on all area of agriculture production; this will lead to more exports and improvement in the competitiveness of Nigeria agriculture reproduction in international markets. The Central Bank of Nigeria should also come up with a stable policy for loan disbursement to farmers at a reasonable interest payback.
Background of the Study
The role of agriculture in economic growth and poverty reduction has become an issueof great concern in developed and developing countries. Nnadi (2005) stated that agriculture is indispensable in addressing economic growth and poverty reduction, which are the most difficult challenges facing many countries in the world especially developing countries where on the average, majority of the population are considered poor. Evidences in Nigeria show that the number of those in poverty has continued to increase. The author stressed further that the rising profile of poverty in Nigeria is assuming a worrisome dimension as empirical studies have shown. In consonant with this, Ojo (2008) opined that, Nigeria, a sub-Saharan African country, has at least half of its population living in abject poverty. The UN Human Poverty Index in 1999, credited Nigeria with 41.6%, captured the phenomenon more succinctly as the figure placed the nation as amongst the 25 poorest nations in the world. As at 2004, the HPI (Human Poverty Index) value for Nigeria, 40.6, ranks 76th among 102 developing countries for which the index has been calculated. The country has increasing rate of poverty both at the regions and at the national level, high unemployment rate, high income inequality, low quality human capital, high percentage of population on welfare and high out migration in the face of high economic growth.
Agriculture is the production of food, feed, fibre and other goods by the systematic growing and harvesting of plants and animals (Akinboyo, 2008). According to, Brandt (2011), agriculture is the cultivation of land, raising and rearing of animals for the purpose of production of food for man, animals and industries
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. MANAGEMENT OF RISK IN AGRICULTURAL FINANCING (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA AGRICULTURAL AND COMMERCE BANK PLC, ENUGU BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Agriculture has been the main stay of Nigerian economy before the Nigeria independence until th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study determined the economics of oil palm seedlings production in Edo South Senatorial district, Edo State. The specific objective was t...Continue Reading »
3. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF TECHNICAL EFFICIENCIES OF BROILER AND EGG PRODUCTION ENTERPRISES IN BAYELSA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study comparatively analysed the technical efficiencies of broiler and egg production enterprises in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. A multistage...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examined access to formal credit by farmers’ co operatives in Enugu State. The specific objectives were to: (i) ascertain th...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There has been a drive on the part of consumers, producers, researchers and policy makers for a transition toward a new phase of agriculture....Continue Reading »
6. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF BREAD BAKING ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA AND ZARIA METROPOLIS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The study examined the economic analyses of bread baking enterprises in Kaduna and Zaria Metropolis of Kaduna state, Nigeria. Primary data we...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study assessed the performance of sesame marketing system and the qualitative and quantitative impact of social capital. For primary data...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis project work is designed to find out appraisal of problems and prospect of peasant farming in Uhunmwonde Local Government Area of Edo Sta...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT vi The study investigated the economics of catfish (Clarias gariepinus) production in Bayelsa State, Nigeria. The broad objective of the stud...Continue Reading »
10. AN INVESTIGATE INTO THE ECONOMICS OF METROPOLITAN AGRICULTURE IN ENUGU METROPOLIS OF ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Of Study Today’s cities operate on a throught put model, in which resources are imported and wastes are ...Continue Reading »