Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
Oredo is one of the local government areas of Edo State. It is situated in the western part of Nigeria, and it lies on the rain forest belt of the vegetation. Naturally, it is endowed with fertile land for the cultivation of crops. Agriculture is not only concerned with the cultivation of the soil for the production of crops. The main comprehensive definition is that agriculture is concerned basically with the husbandry of crops and animals for food and for commercial purposes. Mechanized farming plays a vital role in Edo State especially in the development of the secondary and tertiary sectors. During the pre-civil war in Nigeria, the predominant occupation in Edo State was agriculture and it was the main stay of the Nigerian economy. Besides other types of occupation existed, these are teaching, printing, trading etc but agriculture outplays them all. Farming can be traced to the earliest traditional societies although yet primitive they often gather wild fruits and roots for food and throw off the seeds in their surroundings. Though this process of trial and error, cultivation of crops started in the dwelling food and shelter are basic necessities for human existences and both originated from farming activities, workers in the secondary and tertiary relies on farming for their final output. Also, mechanized farming provides empowerment into agricultural opportunity to the labour force through direct employment into agricultural and its interrelated industries and manufacturing sectors. For this sector contribute efficiently, there is the implementation of good management, marketing, adequate returns to farmers and the better utilization of land available and provision of storage facilities. The failure of the country to adopt these innovative practices is accountable for the current food shortages, high prices, mass unemployment, under utilization of industrial result of this failure. Even though the nation progressed, the proportion of agricultural contribution to the gross domestic product becomes thinner because of the predominant peasant system of cultivation. The system is also characterized by the use of simple system is also characterized by the use of simple tools like fertilizers, chemicals and improved seeds are not widely used by most farmers. The poor performances of the agricultural sector to provide adequate food for the growing population declining, productivity of most export crops which has contributed to substantial reduction in foreign exchange earnings and the declining condition of farming to gross domestic product in real terms. The report of the food strategy mission estimated that in 1982, the supply and demand for all food crops was about 2.5 million metric tones and the projected gap for 1985 was about 4.7 million metric tones. The study group on food production provided more detailed estimate of gaps between projected demand and supply for various commodities. These are presented in table 1.1 below projected food supply and demand compared 000 metric tones.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
In this study, the investigator is being guided by the following research questions.
1. Do you carryout mechanization farming?
2. Government intervention is needed in agricultural production in Oredo.
3. Farmers have the modern method of farming?
4. Financial institution give loan without collateral
5. Purchase modern implement for farming.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major objective of this study is to;
1. Examine the impact of mechanized farming in Oredo Local Government Area.
2. Identify problems facing agriculture in the development of Oredo Local Government Area.
3. Propose solutions to minimize such problem
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there is no impact of mechanized farming in Oredo Local Government Area
H1: there is impact of mechanized farming in Oredo Local Government Area
H02: there are no problems facing agriculture in the development of Oredo Local Government Area.
H2: there are problems facing agriculture in the development of Oredo Local Government Area.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study will give a clear insight on the impact of mechanical farming in economic development. It will be beneficial to students, farmers and the general public. It will also serve as a reference to other researchers that will embark on this topic
1. 6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers the impact of mechanical farming in economic performance. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Mechanized: Of or pertaining to operation using machinery
Agrarian: A person who advocated the political interests of working farmers.
Plantation: Large farm, estate area of land designated for agricultural growth of ten includes housing for the owner and workers.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The broad objective of the study was to analyze the economics of soil conservation practices in Enugu State. This study employed multistage r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This study is aimed at finding out the cost of economic cultivation of cassava in Itu Local Gover...Continue Reading »
3. MARKETING ANALYSIS OF RED PEPPER (Capsicum annum) IN OLAMABORO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KOGI STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was carried out with the aim of analyzing the marketing of red pepper (Capsicum annum) in Olamaboro local government area of Kogi ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Agricultural products encompass all categories of products related to agriculture. They range from ra...Continue Reading »
5. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF CATFISH PRODUCTION IN KUJE AREA COUNCIL OF THE FEDERAL CAPITAL TERRITORY, ABUJA, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The increase in human population coupled with large numbers of undernourished people, especially ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 INTRODUCTION Agriculture, no doubt plays a significant role in the economic development in Nigeria, agriculture, whether subsistence pri...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF INCREASE IN PRICE ON POULTRY PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF AKURE, ONDO STATE)» Below is an extract from the complete project material.....the full material would be made available when the project is ordered for. CHAPTER TWO REVI...Continue Reading »
8. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF FOOD SAFETY AMONG PORK MARKETERS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the economic analysis of food safety among pork marketers in Oredo Local Government Area of Edo State. T...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF TOTAL REPLACEMENT OF FISHMEAL WITH POULTRY HATCHERY WASTE MEAL IN THE DIET OF AFRICAN CATFISH (Clarias gariepinus) FINGERLINGS» ABSTRACT This study examined the total replacement of fishmeal (FM) with poultry hatchery waste meal (PHWM) in practical diets for African catfish (Cl...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigeria has been faced with bad governance, poverty, terrorism, environmental degradation, oil theft, illegal bunkering, proliferation of sma...Continue Reading »