Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The study analyzed cowpea marketing and price trend in some selected rural and urban markets in Kaduna State, Nigeria. A multi-stage sampling technique was used for sample selection. The first stage was purposive selection of Maiganaagricultural zone in Kaduna State; namely Ikara, Makarfi, Giwa, Shika, Galadimawa and Tudunsaibu. The second stage involved purposive selection of Giwa market as a reference market while Ikara, Makarfi, Shika, Galadimawa and Tudunsaibu markets as the supplying markets from Maiganaagricultural zone markets. A simple random techniquewas employed to select 15% of the sample Frame (1474) of thecowpeamarketers obtained from the list of Marketers‟ Associations/Union. Primary and secondary data were used for the study. Primary data were collected from 221 respondents with the aid of structured questionnaire.Secondary data were obtained from the Kaduna Agricultural Development Programme Office (KADP)and National Agricultural Extension Research and Liaison Service (NAERLS), Zaria which covered the wholesale monthly prices for 96 months (2007-2014). The statistical tools used to analyze the data were descriptive statistics, spatial price model and temporal price model. The results of the study shows an average age of the respondents 34 yearsand majority of the markets about 70% had formal education with an average household size of 8 persons which makes them have appreciable number of persons for family labour and marketingactvities. About 63.8% of the respondents do not join any cooperative association and the majority 71.4% of the respondents are married while 77.8% of the cowpea marketers do not have access to credit to finance their business. Analysis of spatial aspects of pricing efficiency show that the expected and actual price spreads between Giwa and five selectedsupplying markets, the positiveprice spread is substantially high, even after considering plausible levels of unmeasured transaction costs. Analysis of temporal price relationships indicated that seasonal price increases commonly exceeded cost of storage forcowpeawhich provided the opportunity to make more than normal profit. Considerable risk was involved in storage operations to achieve high profits. The constraints identified in the study area, were lack of access to credit (93.2%), inadequate market information (89.1%), inadequate market infrastructure (81.9%), provision of quality product (58.4%) and poor storage facilities (40.3%). It is recommended that marketers should form cooperatives or association that can assist them in provision of physical facilities and better dissemination of market intelligence and information.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN EVALUATION OF NATIONAL FUNDING AND INVESTMENT IN THE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR OF NIGERIA (1970-2008)» ABSTRACT The research study evaluated National funding and investment in the agricultural sector of Nigeria (1970 2008). Information was gathered from...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 157 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» Abstract The study was carried out to investigate the gender and resource use efficiency in cocoyam production in Anambra State, Nigeria. The study pr...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 429 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
3. EVALUATION OF THE PRODUCTION EFFICIENCY AND PROFITABILITY OF SESAME PRODUCTION IN GWER EAST AND KONSHISHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS OF BENUE STATE OF NIG...» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to evaluate the production efficiency and the profitability of sesame production in Gwer East and Konshisha Local ...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 206 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
4. PERFORMANCE OF FOREST MANAGEMENT COMMITTEES IN THE MANAGEMENT OF FOREST WOOD TREES IN CROSS RIVER STATE» ABSTRACT Out of all the forests and forest reserves in Nigeria that remained relatively undisturbed, significant portions of them have been lost in th...Continue Reading »
76 pages | 127 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
5. EVALUATION OF PARTICIPATORY POVERTY REDUCTION THROUGH WATER DELIVERY SUPPORT OF LOCAL EMPOWERMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT (LEEMP) IN RURA...» ABSTRACT This study was conducted to evaluate Participatory Poverty Reduction by Utilization of Water Delivery of Local Empowerment and Environmental ...Continue Reading »
92 pages | 0 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» ABSTRACT This study empirically assessed the effects of land lease market on crop production in Enugu State, Nigeria. The specific objectives were to:...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 858 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» Background of the studyWhile the international order among states is quite strong, the world is not peaceful. In the wake of globalization and the exp...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 513 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» Abstract This study examined the impact of fertilizer policy on crop production. The various trends in fertilizer policy reform were explored. Specifi...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 547 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
9. ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF BREAD BAKING ENTERPRISES IN KADUNA AND ZARIA METROPOLIS OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA.» ABSTRACT The study examined the economic analyses of bread baking enterprises in Kaduna and Zaria Metropolis of Kaduna state, Nigeria. Primary data we...Continue Reading »
72 pages | 63 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the StudyThe Internet revolution was really about people customer and fundamental shift of market power from ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 547 hits | Source: AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS