Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Since the formulization of separation of management from ownership of public limited liability companies, there is the need for a formalized way of reporting to the owners of the business on how efficient has the management utilize the share the holders funds over a specified period hence the financial statement.
Financial statement is a combination of income statement and balance sheet of the reporting entity at a particular point in time. Having a financial statement prepared does not really tell how the business has fared in the recent time, but subjected of the result to the various analysis and interpretation.
An organization to start with generally needs the fulfillment of many requirement of law accounting to nation of origin.
In starting up a firm, the requirement needed is that the promote must need some laid down requirement i.e adequacy of capital number of the director and secretary, power of the company, the power of board of director and there must be documented registered the Corporate Affair Commission (CAC) in Abuja the requirement for operation apart from their normal expenses of day to day running of the business, the organization is expected to fill an annual return to the corporate affairs commission (CAC) time firstling after their six mount of commandment of business called statutory report of financial statement.
1.2 Statement of the problem
The second point of filling report sound: retesting i.e investing in public liability company via decision base on financial report of the company.
The investing company public sector invest in such company based on the report investing public who are individual even highly education individual sector patronized their accountant or management conduct or broken sacking to invest based on their report post performance rather on either that is why the researcher bases his hypothesis on financial statement.
A guide to investment decision has contributed to shape the structure of the economy.
1.3 Objective of the Study
If is cessation to identify the objective (or purpose) of financial statement is to determines.
a. To determine the usefulness of financial statement in guiding investment decision
b. To determine the relevant investment policies put into play by government and how they have aided investment decision
c. To know what information should be provide
d. To know how information should be presented
e. To make appropriate recommendation based on finding and conclusion
f. To determine what extent has the financial statement been use in investment decision.
The current thinking is that the objectives of financial statement are to provide information decision making.
1.4 Research Question
The following research question were formulated in the course of the research work.
a. Are there different in the behavioral attitude of investors in Nigeria?
b. Do the investors base their decision on reported performance of the budget company?
c. Has the investment of Nigeria have any significant on the structure of Nigeria economy?
d. Are there any structure changes noticeable?
e. Are there advantages attached when a company complies with the report pattern of CAMA 1990 (Company and allied matter Art)?
1.5 Significance of the Study
The researcher study will be among the other thing provide valuable information which will be useful to the research to aid this knowledge, other researcher as a basis of reference as well as business people who deals in financial capital market.
The study will also educate the various categories of the people stated above on the financial statement and how risk could be managed using various strategies available to improve the economy.
1.6 Research Hypotenuses
In order to find relevant information to the question missed in the statement of problems, the choice was made to enable the researcher to collect all relevant information for the study with ease, therefore there is a need to formulate hypothesis which will form a story basis investment decision making.
a. H0: Financial statement preparation does not have significant effect on investment decision making.
H1: Financial statement preparation has a significant effect on investment decision making.
b. H0: Decision making does prevent effective linkage in preparation of financial statement.
H1: Decision making does not prevent effective linkage in preparation of financial statement.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
Due to differently encountered in the purpose of carrying out project work, it has its own limitation. However in the course of this study, a number of problems where encountered and this include;
The problem of financial constraint which prevented the researcher from travelling around the all Local government area to get the information more relevant data for the research. By reason of the limitation it was virtually impossible to get as much information we anticipated for this research study.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Financial Statement: Financial statement is the annual report and account which include the balance sheet and profit or loss Account.
Balance Sheet: This is a statement of the total assets and liabilities of an organization at a particular date usually the last day of the accounting period.
Profit and loss: these show the result of operation of the company for their reporting period and also explain what has happen since the previous balance sheet.
Short term investment: short term investment is when return is expected over a short period of time usually with one year.
Long term investment: Long term investments are those financial commitments which return span over a series or multiple of year’s ramping from five year, ten year and above.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This study tends to critically examine the effectiveness of financial accounting and reporting on management decision making. The major sourc...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF TREASURY SINGLE ACCOUNT ON MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC SECTOR FUND - FEDERAL SECTOR ESTABLISHMENT IN MAIDUGURI» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In 2015, Central Bank of Nigeria issued a circular directing all deposit money banks to implement...Continue Reading »
3. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN IN AN ORGANIZATION (A case study of champions breweries Uyo Akwa Ibom State)» ABSTRACT The study intends to determine the importance of communication in enhancing an effective management undertaking which is for the generality o...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS) ON THE QUALITY OF FINANACIAL STATEMENTS ( A STUDY ON FIRST BANK NIGERIA PLC, UYO, AKWA...» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page … … … … … … … … … … … Declaration … … … … … … … … … … … Certification… … ...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION: [A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMPANIES IN ANAMBRA STATE]» ABSTRACT The choice of the topic “The Effect of Taxation on Investment Decision” comes from the fact that most management of business entities are...Continue Reading »
6. OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE AND THE INFORMATIVENESS OF ACCOUNTING EARNINGS OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting has developed over time as an essential stewardship function, which enables owners of ...Continue Reading »
7. BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AS TOOLS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS (A Case Study Of Enugu State Housing Development Corporation)» ABSTRACT This research work was focused on investigation on the use of budgeting and budgetary control as tools for accountability in government paras...Continue Reading »
8. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF COMPUTERIZED ACCOUNTING SYSTEM AND MANUAL ACCOUNTING SYSTEM (A Case Study Of Ama Breweries Plc. Eke, Udi L.G.A And Africa Pe...» ABSTRACT This research study is a comparative analysis of computerized accounting system and manual accounting system with reference to Ama breweries ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The concept of corporate governance has attracted a good deal of public interest in recent years,...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was centered on peace accounting and economic development of Nigeria. The main objective of this study is to examine the impact of...Continue Reading »