Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Audit means written reports about the reliability and accuracy of an account by a qualified person known as an auditor. In Nigeria, the companies and allied matters degree of 1990, section 331 made it compulsory for all corporate bodies to have their accounts audited by professional auditors. The directors or management of organization produce a report called the financial statement while the auditor expresses his opinion on whether such financial position shows a true and fair state during the year under review.
The report prepared by management on which the auditor expresses his opinion is very vital since used by other interest parties (internal and external). Internal users are potential investors, financial analysis etc. hence, the law has recognized that the report be scrutinized by an independent person known as an Auditor. Also, the auditor’s opinion that has been embodied in written form is called Auditor report, which is addressed to those the auditor is responsible from the foregoing, it is realized that audit is very important in the organization operation (particularly with reference to the Power Holding Company OF Nigeria Ughelli). Hence, audit report is very essential in all planning and operation of the organization.
However, its importance cannot be underestimated since the audit may be held liable to a very great extent for what he stated or does not state as his opinion and the responsibility may extend not only to his immediate client, but also to the limited party.
1.2 Statement of the Study
The major problem of this study is centered on the Audit report of P.H.C.N., Ughelli.
1. The need to test accuracy of the financial statement prepared from the accounting record of the organization.
2. That state of affair of the financial position of the organization. That is whether the financial position shows a true and fair view of the organizational operation according to the best information and explanation given to him and as shown by the books if not in what respect, it is false or incorrect.
3. Proper utilization of funds by management of the organization
4. The implementation of the recommendation made by audit report for the purpose of the organization growth (particularly the P.H.C.N ughelli).
5. The need to check and examine the entries in the book of account.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this research on the audit report of the organization particularly P.H.C.N ughelli are as follow:
1. To know the true and fair of the financial position of the organization operation.
2. To know the accuracy of the financial statement of the organization (P.H.C.N)
3. To know the degree of efficiency and economic operation of the organization.
4. To know if actually the recommendation made by the auditor report are implemented in order to ascertain the extent of the organizational growth achieved in the organization (P.H.C.N ughelli)
1.4 Research Questions
The following research questions will be answered in the course of this work
1. How does audit report create an impact in the power holding company of Nigeria ughelli?
2. Who is responsible for the preparation of an audit report?
3. What are the significant relationship between an audit and its impact in the power holding company of Nigeria ughelli.
4. What are the importance of an audit report in the power holding company of Nigeria, ughelli?
1.5 Significant of the Study
The importance of this research on the audit report of the power holding company of Nigeria ughelli is stated below:
1. It helps to know the effective operation of the organization (P.H.C.N)
2. It help to test the organization posting of account if they are posted correctly
3. It help to know the organization state of financial position (P.H.C.N)
4. It help to determine if the auditor recommendation increase the growth and development of the organization.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The study is restricted to the public sector organization with particular reference to the Power Holding Company of Ughelli, Warri. It may include the audit report and some importance aspect of the audit (general standard and standard of examination and evaluation as regards his independence of judgment were included). It does not include the auditor’s report of a limited liability company as regulated by the company degree of 1968.
The investigation were limited to audit report and its impact on public sector organization with respect to Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Ughelli being a corporation owned by federal government, the study of its audit report shall be in accordance with the provision of the degree no.24 of 1st April 1972 section 18.
(2) (3) and other were limited to library facilities, information from the organization and other document evidence only.
This study focused on the standards of report governing the form and content of the auditor’s report and accordingly does not attempt to treat procedures or techniques. In order to have an affective audit report requires the truth of those assumptions.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
It should be noted that despite that fact that investigation was on the audit report and its impact in public sector, sources of the research studies were on large (small limited liabilities companies. It is worthy to note that the information processed in view of the study were from secondary sources like professional journals, textbook, weekly and some daily news papers, etc. taking into consideration, another limitation was lack of sufficient time resulting from the short duration of each academic session of the shool, and as such, one could not really have enough time to travel extensively to gather enough reliable information that will aid one to write extensively as should have been necessary. The public servant and revealing of the secret degree is another embargo on some public servant who thought that such a degree prevent them from responding to certain areas of questions asked.
1.8 Definition of Terms
1. Audit: audit is a process whereby the account of a business entity is subjected to an examination that enable an auditor to form an opinion as to their accuracy, truth and Fairless.
2. Auditing: auditing can be defined as an examination and inquiry into a statement of accounts the underlying records, document, assets and liabilities by an independence person with a view to express of an opinion as to compliance and correctness of the financial statement to relevant acts and regulation and communicate the opinion to interest users.
3. Auditors opinion: auditor opinion can be said to an ascertain or conclusion on reached by the auditor on the general position and state of the financial statement he is reporting upon.
4. Statutory Audit: statutory audit are audit carried out because they are required by law.
Statues that requires audit to be made are:
a. The companies degree 1968
b. P.H.C.N act of 1992 sector 18 (2) and (3)
5. Internal Audit: internal audit are audit conducted by an employee of an organization into any area of its affairs.
6. Internal Auditing: internal auditing is an audit carried on by independent personnel.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The federal structure in Nigeria constrains local governments’ ability to mobilize and use revenue to meet their obligation in a sustai...Continue Reading »
2. A CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING PRACTICES AND REGULATIONS IN NIGERIA ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF NIGER MILL CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The need for environmental accounting has become the concern and focus of nations and responsible...Continue Reading »
3. FACTORS INFLUENCING THE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TOWARDS THE STUDY OF MATHEMATICS IN NIGERIA, USING KATSINA – ALA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, BENUE STATE AS ...» ABSTRACT Students have many different perceptions of mathematics. Most business and athletics leaders will talk about how the individual’s attit...Continue Reading »
4. THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL MARKET ON ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF NIGERIA STOCK EXCHANGE, UYO)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTIVE INTERVAL CONTROL MEASURES AS TOOLS FOR TRANSAPARENCY, PROFITABILITY AND ACCOUNTING IN THE MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC RESOURCES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Back ground of the study Recent reported cases of multibillion dollar fraudulent corporate accounting and reporting scand...Continue Reading »
6. APPLICATION OF BUDGETS AND BUDGETARY CONTROL MEASURES IN A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION: A CASE STUDY OF APOSTOLIC CHURCH, DELTA» 2.1 CONCEPTUAL FRAMEWORK A budget is can be defined by accountants as “a planned outcome to be generated and for the expenditure to ensure durin...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Commercial bank are profit making venture and as such they share with other business the same set of expectation concerning the health of the...Continue Reading »
8. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR COST MINIMIZATION AND PROFIT MAXIMIZATION (A Case Study Of Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Enugu)» ABSTRACT The objective of this research work contains working capital management as a tool for minimization and profit maximization with particular re...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study investigated decentralization and local government autonomy and how these factors enhance grassroots development in Liberia. The on...Continue Reading »
10. SEROPREVALENCE OF HEPATITIS B VIRUS INFECTION IN PREGNANT WOMEN IN KADUNA, KADUNA STATE. NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work was undertaken to determine the seroprevalence of hepatitis B virus infection in pregnant women in Kaduna, Kaduna state, N...Continue Reading »