Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 45 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY
Given today complex and rapidly changing management climate, most large companies, major institution and governmental agencies are implementing continuous improvements to achieve efficiency and assure all concerned parties of solid corporate governance.
The nature of interval audit system simply means explaining some of the key terms in the project topic, the internal system.
According to the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) definition of internal auditing the internal audit system should provide independent, thoroughly timely and objective result of quantitative and qualitative testing to senor management and in essence, help evaluate organizational risk management.
Auditing is an independent checking and investigation of the books of accounts and vouchers of a business with a view to enabling the audit to report whether the balance sheet and profit and loss account are properly drawn up so as to show a true and fair view of the state of the affairs and the best of the information and explanations obtained by the Auditors and that they comply with the rules laid down by SSAP (Statements of Standard Accounting Practice) and other statutory regulations. Audit is of two types, namely.
Internal audit is a review of the operation procedures and records of the business internal auditing is itself an internal control which operates by appraising and reporting on the effectiveness of the other controls. Thus, its main objectives is to assist management in discharging its responsibilities and to evaluate compliance with corporate procedures. The role of internal auditors therefore, is to provide an overall assurance to management that all key risk within an organization are managed effectively so that the organization can achieve its strategic objective.
External Audit: The external auditors are officers from supervisor agency or independent firm to examine accounts, document independently. However, this project topic is restricted to internal audit system, taken the National Board for technical education as a case study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEMS
Trust in the process of financial accounting and auditing is been undermined by our present day high-profile corrupt practices in major institutions and organizations. Thus as a result is the seeming failure of internal audit system not giving value for the finances of the educational institutions and the resulted effects is responsible for the poor quality delivery of education. So also is the mechanism put in place to curb these corruption has not been effective.
In response, it has become necessary to undertake, examine and evaluate the problematic nature of internal audit system in educational institution and regulatory organization and to see whether the process cold be effective or not.
1.3 OBJECTIVES OF STUDY
The objectives of this resource project are as follows: -
i. To Evaluate the nature of internal audit system in an educational institutions regulatory authority.
ii. To determine the effectiveness or other wise of such internal audit system.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
The research study shall proffer answer to the following questions
i. What is the nature of the internal audit system in a regulatory authority?
ii. Does the internal audit system in a regulatory authority effective or not?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF STUDY
Significance of every research project are set of standard that outlines, the perceived or real contributions of the research.
This research study would be of immense benefit to the accounting profession, policy makers and leaders at the helm of affairs in various institutions because, the ideal solution will of course be the achievement of a proper internal audit system that will assist public and private organization to meet overall corporate objectives by establishing a systematic and discipline approach to assessing, evaluating and improving the quality and effectiveness of the process.
Also, this study will provide a rationale for introducing programmes designed to aid student and researchers who intend to make research on internal audit system.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study shall be limited to evaluating the nature of internal audit system and find out whether this system is effective or not in the educational institution, regulatory authority.
Furthermore, the research study shall cover on the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) Kaduna as a case study.
1.7 HISTORICAL BACKGROUNDING OF THE CASE STUDY
The National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) was established by Decree (now Act) No. 9 of January 1977. The decree empowers the board to among other things: -
i. Advice the federal government on and coordinate all aspect of technical and vocational education falling outside the universities.
ii. Make recommendations on the national policy necessary for training of technicians, craftmen and other middle level manpowers.
iii. Determine, after consultation with the National manpower board, the industrial training find and such other relevant bodies the skill and middle level manpower needs of the country in the industrial commercial and other relevant field of the purpose of planning, training facilities etc.
iv. Inquiry into and advise the federal government on the financial needs, for both recurrent and capital expenditure of polytechnics and other technical institutions to enable them achieve the objective of producing the trained manpower needs of the country.
v. Receive block grants in accordance with such formula as may be noted that items iv and v above particularly require audit control towards ensuring that financial and material resources allocated to educational institutions under NBTE are done with are highest conformity to government financial rules and regulations.
In addition, Decree (now Act) it of August 1985 entitled: National minimize standards and establishment of institution” further empowers NBTE to prescribe minimum standards, entry qualifications and accreditation of all academic programmes on all the institution under purview or supervision of the Board. Another amendment to the above decree (Now Act) gave birth to decree number a of January 1993 which empowers the board of recommend the establishment of polytechnics, college of agriculture and technical colleges in Nigeria.
The membership of the board cut across ministries of education, labour, agriculture, industry, college of agriculture and some professional bodies among others.
It has six (6) standing committees namely.
i. Appointment and promotions committees (A&PC)
ii. Programmes evaluation and development committees (PE&DC)
iii. Academic planning and Research committee (A&RC)
iv. Finance and financial purpose committee (which has a lot to do with this research project) and
v. Tenders committee (TC)
Each committee has specific function relevant to the smooth administration and the discharge of the statutory functions of the board assigned to it.
The boards organization indicated that it has four operational department namely:
i. Personnel management department comprising establishment management services and manpower and training divisions.
ii. Programmes department comprising polytechnics, colleges of agriculture and science, technical institution and post HND/P
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM (AIS) ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY OF FIRM (CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED CONSTRUCTION FIRMS IN OYO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The emerging global economic scenario characterized by advancement in information technology, ra...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY All forms of economic activities are confronted with risk, both internal and external risks involves huge los...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECTS OF STRESS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF OF STUDENTS USING THE FACULTY OF EDUCATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF BENIN» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this research work was to assess the effects of stress on the academic performance of students using the Faculty of Educa...Continue Reading »
4. THE NEED FOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT IN MINISTRIES A CASE STUDY OF KOGI STATE MINISTRIES OF FINANCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting is needed as a language of business be it international or locally, and it is present both with the public sector ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Over the past decades, the public sector spending has been increasing in geometr...Continue Reading »
6. AUDITING AS A TOOL FOR ENSURING ACCOUNTABILITY (A CASE STUDY OF EFFIMA PETROLEUM NIGERIAN LIMITED, EKET AND E. OKON VENTURE, IKOT EKPENE)» ABSTRACT This study sought to assess Auditing as a Tool for Ensuring Accountability in Effima Petroleum Nigeria Limited, Eket and E. Okon Ventures, Ik...Continue Reading »
7. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTANT IN THE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF organization (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY ONITSHA)» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this project is to find out the Role of accountants in the economic development of Nigeria with particular reference to t...Continue Reading »
8. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: A STRATEGY FOR EFFECTIVE PRODUCTION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» ABSTRACT This project is a case study of the inventory management system function as it is practiced in the Nigeria Bottling company Plc. The manageme...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF INTERNAL CONTROLS ON FRAUD PREVENTION AND EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT OF BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS» (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC, UYO, AKWA IBOM STATE) ABSTRACT The research examine “Assessment of the Impact of Internal Controls on...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL ( A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH ,ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This research sets out to investigate the analysis of factors influencing the study of business studies in junior secondary school in Enugu n...Continue Reading »