Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Local Governments in Nigeria have been featured with gross financial mismanagement to the extent that the government had decides to institute periodical restricting and reform programmers. In the existence of integrity, effectiveness and efficiency in utilization of resources, the council can easily obtain unqualified audit opinion from CAG. Failure to obtain unqualified audit reports may take the council into access to LGCDG and therefore gives a negative impact to the authority it terms of service provision.It was that reason therefore, that prompted to carry about a study to assess whether local authorities effectively implement financial management systems by conducting a study at uyo Municipal Council.The research methods employed were:-questionnaires observation and interviews.The researcher employed simple selection techniques.A sample of 45 respondents was selected from a total population of units of inquiry.The study findings revealed that; still there some weakness in terms of enforcing procedures and principles guiding the authorization and access of organization’s assets and documents Also the study found an increasing rate of improperly vouched expenditure year after year and improper approvals,improperdocumentation and attachment.The study also found existence of over expenditure on some common items like fuels and allowances,caused by insistence of a reliable computerized system for budgeting and accounting activities.On the part of the functioning of the external audit unit,the findings revealed a weakness on reporting channel.The study finally found that, the financial management systems in local government Authorities are slightlyeffective,so for improvement, the study recommends:the immediate computerization of the accounting and budgeting systems,thatperformance.Finally; the council internal auditor should report direct to councilorsand to ministry responsible.The researcher really hopes that the output of this research study shall be of practical use to other individualscholars,Institutions of higher learning and Local Government Authorities of Nigeria.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
This chapter presents the research findings on the role of external Audit in improving LocalGovernment Authority. Though thereare several aspects of management control systems in organizations, the researcher focused only on the financial aspect. The study therefore, explored the status of local government authorities (LGAs) external audit roles in achieving the council’s predetermined goals and objectives. The study was conducted in uyo Municipal Council (UMC) in the period of December 2011 to June 2012. The chapter also deals with giving the background of the Local Government Council (LGAs), background of the problem, statement of the problem, objective s of the study, research questions, significance of the study, scope, limitation of the study that the researcher will face and delimitation which in turn will help in investigating this topic of the study coming to the good conclusion and recommendations. From this subject a number of areas will be covered in detail, which includes the theory behind audits and other control bodies which promotes public sector accountability through good corporate governance, effective risk management and transparency in government operations in fulfilling the pre-set objectives.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PERSONAL INCOME TAX ADMINISTRATION: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE)» ABSTRACT Taxation is a fiscal measures used by government to control the economy as well as raise funds for infrastructural development, level up inco...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 287 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. IFRS ADOPTION AND VALUE RELEVANCE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION: A STUDY OF LISTED INSURANCE FIRMS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting literatures on value relevance research dates back to early 1960s with the remarkable ...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 32 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. THE IMPACT OF GLOBALIZATION ON THE ECONOMIC GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF DEVELOPING ECONOMIES: THE NIGERIAN EXPERIENCE» vi ABSTRACT This research project studied the impact of globalization on the economic growth and development of Nigeria and other developing economies...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 447 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
4. EFFECT OF FIRM CHARACTERISTICS ON SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ACCOUNTING DISCLOSURE IN LISTED INDUSTRIAL GOODS FIRMS IN NIGERIA» Abstract The need for corporate entities to disclose their social and environmental activities in their annual reports is increasingly becoming a topi...Continue Reading »
131 pages | 30 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. AN APPRAISAL OF BUSINESS FUNDING PATTERN BY NIGERIA FINANCIAL INSTITUTION AN APPRAISAL OF THE CHALLENGES OF FUND MANAGEMENT IN THE NIGERIA LOCAL GOVER...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The challenges of funds management in finance function, usually at a managerial level through which t...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 317 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. APPLICATION OF COST ACCOUNTING TO MANAGEMENT PLANNING, CONTROL AND DECISION MAKING (A Case Study of Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC)» ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at highlighting the role played by Cost accounting information to the planning, control and decision making proce...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. OWNERSHIP STRUCTURE AND THE INFORMATIVENESS OF ACCOUNTING EARNINGS OF LISTED DEPOSIT MONEY BANKS IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Accounting has developed over time as an essential stewardship function, which enables owners of ...Continue Reading »
89 pages | 23 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. ELECTRONIC BANKING AS AN AID TO COMMERCIAL BANK OPERATIONS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA)» Abstract This study examines critically Electronic Banking as an Aid to Commercial Bank Operations in Nigeria, using first bank as a case study. Elect...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 427 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. BUDGET AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AS A TOOL FOR EFFECTIVE DECISION AND PLANNING IN PRIVATE SECTORS IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to access the distribution pattern of healthcare facilities in Abak Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State at pres...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 391 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING FINANCIAL SERVICES IN A COMPETITIVE BANKING ENVIRONMENT (A CASE STUDY OF ZENITH BANK PLC)» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine investigate product development and marketing financial services in a competitive banking environment w...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 30 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING