Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions. Both large and small organizations in addition to satisfying the legislating requirement tend. to retain existing investors and to attract potential ones through the publication of their financial statements where the capital stock of a corporation is widely held and its affairs are of interest to general public. The discussions and illustrations of the study will be centered on the financial statement presented to shareholders and also available for potential investors, bond holders and trade creditors as a tool of information for investment decision. Financial statement based on result on past activities are analyzed and interpreted as a basis for predicting future rate of returns and assessment of risk.
Financial statement provides important information for a wide variety of decision, investors draw information from the statement of the firm in whose security they contemplate investing. Decision makers who contemplate acquiring total or partial ownership of an enterprise expect to secure returns on their investment such as dividends and increase in the value of their investment [capital gain]. Both dividends and increase in the value of shares of company depends on the future profitability of the enterprise. So investors are interested in future profitability. Past income (dividend) data are used to forecast returns for future investment and increase in share prices.
Managers are responsible for the overall performance of the firm they make or take decision in relations to available information; therefore they need relevant information readily made available to make an effective decision for the purpose of this research.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
The problem confronting most business organization and investors are in the area of the area of evaluation of financial ratio is often negelected until a problem occurs. The basic analytical tools for the comparative income statement, profit and loss account and balance sheet. It is observed that both investors and manager are either not aware of the relevance or otherwise issue it source? In addition to lack of adequate valuation statement “Fact information” from business to investors there is the lack of analytical intellect on the part of the investors to access the reliability of financial statement. Also the intention of the study the financial statement and trend to future timely present figures and the figure only have meaning in relation to when compared with other fact.
However, these problems observed in the preceding paragraph tend to scare away the both existing and potential investor who rather prefer to hold liquidity than investing in business organization that are surrounded by bond of uncertainty until a specific techniques are developed to mean sure liquidly, profitability, solvency etc.
The interest of this study will be clustered around the financial statements presented to the shareholders, investors, bond holder, and trade creditor, as important information for investment decision. Finally it is beyond the scope of this study to adequately look into the entire above mentioned problem and to suggest possible solution will reveal key factors responsible for under capacity utilization of financial statement in corporate investment and
the relevance of the financial statement in inducing on effective decision making in business of all kinds.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Is there relationship between financial statement and investor decision?
2. To what extent financial statement aid in investment decision?
3. Does financial statement aid in assessing the financial position of an organization?
4. Does analytical tools are set to aid prospective investors in accessing the financial position of the cooperate organization?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to examine the relevance of financial statement to investment decision. The other objectives include:
1. To identify the relationship between financial statement and investment decision
2. To assess how financial statement aid in investment decision
3. To ascertain how financial statement aid in asserting the financial position of an organization
4. To examine how a set of analytical tools will aid prospective investors in assessing the financial position of the cooperate organizations.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The study will be based on the following hypotheses
HI: there is a relationship between financial statement and investment decision
Ho: There is no relationship between financial statement and investment decision.
H2: That financial statement and investment decision
HO: financial statement dose not aid in investment decision
H3: financial statement determine how a set of analytical tools will aid prospective investors in analytical tools will aid prospective investor in assessing the financial position of the cooperate organization.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION METHODS ON FINANCIAL REPORT STATEMENT IN SOME MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted on with special reference to the impact inventoryvaluation methods has on financial report statements of man...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS AN AID TO MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING ( A CASE STUDY OF UNILORIN BURSARY DEPARTMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Every organization both profit or non profit organization has its objectives and goals in min...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to determine application of new media in Radio Niger, Minna. The study adopted survey research design using questio...Continue Reading »
4. ENVIRONMENTAL COST MEASUREMENT AND ITS EFFECTS ON INVESTMENT RETURN IN UNITED CEMENT COMPANY, CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Despite best efforts in Measuring Environmental Impact, industries continue to generate and disch...Continue Reading »
5. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS ACROSS EXPENDITURE HEADS IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC TEACHING HOSPITALS (A CASE STUDY OF LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL, LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Health care services are one of the cardinal services any government must provide for its citizenry. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concern for high productivity in industrial organizations is universal, and is the desire of ...Continue Reading »
7. ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR DECISION MAKING (A Case Study Of Nwokeji Urban Planning And Architectural ...» Abstract Financial Statement Analysis and Interpretation is a very vital instrument of good management decision making in business enterprise. Good de...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS IN FINANCING SMALL SCALE BUSINESS IN DELTA STATE (A CASE STUDY OF SPARE PART DEALER IN DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Nigeria is a country greatly endowed with many natural and human resources. The business envi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major con...Continue Reading »
10. IMPACT OF WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT ON THE PROFITABILITY OF LISTED PETROLEUM COMPANIES IN NIGERIA» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval iv Dedication v Acknowledgment vi Table of Contents vii Abstract viii CHAPTER...Continue Reading »