Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions. Both large and small organizations in addition to satisfying the legislating requirement tend. to retain existing investors and to attract potential ones through the publication of their financial statements where the capital stock of a corporation is widely held and its affairs are of interest to general public. The discussions and illustrations of the study will be centered on the financial statement presented to shareholders and also available for potential investors, bond holders and trade creditors as a tool of information for investment decision. Financial statement based on result on past activities are analyzed and interpreted as a basis for predicting future rate of returns and assessment of risk.
Financial statement provides important information for a wide variety of decision, investors draw information from the statement of the firm in whose security they contemplate investing. Decision makers who contemplate acquiring total or partial ownership of an enterprise expect to secure returns on their investment such as dividends and increase in the value of their investment [capital gain]. Both dividends and increase in the value of shares of company depends on the future profitability of the enterprise. So investors are interested in future profitability. Past income (dividend) data are used to forecast returns for future investment and increase in share prices.
Managers are responsible for the overall performance of the firm they make or take decision in relations to available information; therefore they need relevant information readily made available to make an effective decision for the purpose of this research.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
The problem confronting most business organization and investors are in the area of the area of evaluation of financial ratio is often negelected until a problem occurs. The basic analytical tools for the comparative income statement, profit and loss account and balance sheet. It is observed that both investors and manager are either not aware of the relevance or otherwise issue it source? In addition to lack of adequate valuation statement “Fact information” from business to investors there is the lack of analytical intellect on the part of the investors to access the reliability of financial statement. Also the intention of the study the financial statement and trend to future timely present figures and the figure only have meaning in relation to when compared with other fact.
However, these problems observed in the preceding paragraph tend to scare away the both existing and potential investor who rather prefer to hold liquidity than investing in business organization that are surrounded by bond of uncertainty until a specific techniques are developed to mean sure liquidly, profitability, solvency etc.
The interest of this study will be clustered around the financial statements presented to the shareholders, investors, bond holder, and trade creditor, as important information for investment decision. Finally it is beyond the scope of this study to adequately look into the entire above mentioned problem and to suggest possible solution will reveal key factors responsible for under capacity utilization of financial statement in corporate investment and
the relevance of the financial statement in inducing on effective decision making in business of all kinds.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Is there relationship between financial statement and investor decision?
2. To what extent financial statement aid in investment decision?
3. Does financial statement aid in assessing the financial position of an organization?
4. Does analytical tools are set to aid prospective investors in accessing the financial position of the cooperate organization?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to examine the relevance of financial statement to investment decision. The other objectives include:
1. To identify the relationship between financial statement and investment decision
2. To assess how financial statement aid in investment decision
3. To ascertain how financial statement aid in asserting the financial position of an organization
4. To examine how a set of analytical tools will aid prospective investors in assessing the financial position of the cooperate organizations.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The study will be based on the following hypotheses
HI: there is a relationship between financial statement and investment decision
Ho: There is no relationship between financial statement and investment decision.
H2: That financial statement and investment decision
HO: financial statement dose not aid in investment decision
H3: financial statement determine how a set of analytical tools will aid prospective investors in analytical tools will aid prospective investor in assessing the financial position of the cooperate organization.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. APPRAISAL OF ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL (A STUDY OF IBESIKPO ASUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA)» CHAPTER ONE PROBLEMS AND ITS SETTINGS 1.1 Introduction Local government is the third tier government in Nigeria; the Nigeria government is made up of ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 360 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. IMPACT OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE ON EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIAN BOTTLING WITHIN KADUNA METROPOLIS» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Abstract v Table of content vi CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 Backgro...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 157 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. IMPROVING EFFECTIVENESS IN ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN THE NIGERIA EDUCATIONAL SECTOR (CASE STUDY OF AUCHI POLYTECHNIC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Accounting aims, as an information system, to provide various users with different forms of useful in...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 337 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT The study examines the impact of foreign aid on the economic development of Nigeria. The study adopts the historical method of data analysis ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 497 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER 1: Introduction 1.1 Background of the study Inventory is a primary part of many of today’s businesses. Essentially, stock is the storage of ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 180 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AS A TOOL FOR FRAUD DETECTION AND PREVENTION (A STUDY OF ENUGU SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL)» ABSTRACT The study examines the effect of forensic accounting as a tool for fraud detection and prevention in an organization. The aim of this study i...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 341 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
7. ASSESSMENT OF THE IMPACT OF TAXATION AS A TOOL FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA (A STUDY OF FEDERAL INLAND REVENUE SERVICE, UYO)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover Page Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgment Abstract Table of Content Chapter One: Introduction 1.1 Background of ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 271 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING TEACHING AND LEARNING OF BUSINESS STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UMUAHIA EDUCATION ZONE, ABIA STATE J» Abstract This research study aimed at validating the strategies for improving teaching and learning of Business Studies in Secondary Schools in Umuahi...Continue Reading »
102 pages | 612 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. INVENTORY CONTROL AS AN EFFECTIVE TOOL FOR COST CONTROL IN AN ORGANISATION (A CASE STUDY OF CADBURY NIGERIA PLC).» ABSTRACT Installation of underground pipes to network the water supply from the borehole to specific point that is soil lab and department main buildi...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Electronic banking has become one of the most important and modern applications that has witnessed a substantial expansion during the ten yea...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 201 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING