Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investors in making investment decisions. Both large and small organizations in addition to satisfying the legislating requirement tend. to retain existing investors and to attract potential ones through the publication of their financial statements where the capital stock of a corporation is widely held and its affairs are of interest to general public. The discussions and illustrations of the study will be centered on the financial statement presented to shareholders and also available for potential investors, bond holders and trade creditors as a tool of information for investment decision. Financial statement based on result on past activities are analyzed and interpreted as a basis for predicting future rate of returns and assessment of risk.
Financial statement provides important information for a wide variety of decision, investors draw information from the statement of the firm in whose security they contemplate investing. Decision makers who contemplate acquiring total or partial ownership of an enterprise expect to secure returns on their investment such as dividends and increase in the value of their investment [capital gain]. Both dividends and increase in the value of shares of company depends on the future profitability of the enterprise. So investors are interested in future profitability. Past income (dividend) data are used to forecast returns for future investment and increase in share prices.
Managers are responsible for the overall performance of the firm they make or take decision in relations to available information; therefore they need relevant information readily made available to make an effective decision for the purpose of this research.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE RESEARCH PROBLEM
The problem confronting most business organization and investors are in the area of the area of evaluation of financial ratio is often negelected until a problem occurs. The basic analytical tools for the comparative income statement, profit and loss account and balance sheet. It is observed that both investors and manager are either not aware of the relevance or otherwise issue it source? In addition to lack of adequate valuation statement “Fact information” from business to investors there is the lack of analytical intellect on the part of the investors to access the reliability of financial statement. Also the intention of the study the financial statement and trend to future timely present figures and the figure only have meaning in relation to when compared with other fact.
However, these problems observed in the preceding paragraph tend to scare away the both existing and potential investor who rather prefer to hold liquidity than investing in business organization that are surrounded by bond of uncertainty until a specific techniques are developed to mean sure liquidly, profitability, solvency etc.
The interest of this study will be clustered around the financial statements presented to the shareholders, investors, bond holder, and trade creditor, as important information for investment decision. Finally it is beyond the scope of this study to adequately look into the entire above mentioned problem and to suggest possible solution will reveal key factors responsible for under capacity utilization of financial statement in corporate investment and
the relevance of the financial statement in inducing on effective decision making in business of all kinds.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Is there relationship between financial statement and investor decision?
2. To what extent financial statement aid in investment decision?
3. Does financial statement aid in assessing the financial position of an organization?
4. Does analytical tools are set to aid prospective investors in accessing the financial position of the cooperate organization?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to examine the relevance of financial statement to investment decision. The other objectives include:
1. To identify the relationship between financial statement and investment decision
2. To assess how financial statement aid in investment decision
3. To ascertain how financial statement aid in asserting the financial position of an organization
4. To examine how a set of analytical tools will aid prospective investors in assessing the financial position of the cooperate organizations.
1.5 RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
The study will be based on the following hypotheses
HI: there is a relationship between financial statement and investment decision
Ho: There is no relationship between financial statement and investment decision.
H2: That financial statement and investment decision
HO: financial statement dose not aid in investment decision
H3: financial statement determine how a set of analytical tools will aid prospective investors in analytical tools will aid prospective investor in assessing the financial position of the cooperate organization.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF EXTERNAL AUDITORS ON FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY OF MANAGERS IN NIGERIA ORGANIZATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. AKWA BRANCH...» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at finding and expressing the Roles of the External Auditors on financial accountability of managers in Nigeria organizat...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 117 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. EFFECTIVE BUDGETARY IMPLEMENTATION AS A TOOL FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This long essay seeks to outline the possible means at which the constraining factors can be address to promote effective budgeting that will...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. EVALUATION OF THE ACCOUNTING PROBLEMS OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN ABAKALIKI METROPOLIS, EBONYI STATE)» ABSTRACT This research is titled “Accounting Problems in Microfinance Banks A study of selected microfinance banks in Abakaliki metropolis of Eb...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 54 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Omuya (1990) defined “accounting as a language of business, it is used in the business world to describ...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 291 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. APPRAISING WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT PRACTICE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNM...» INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Working capital management amongst Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) appears to have been relatively negl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 123 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT AS A TOOL FOR COST MINIMIZATION AND PROFIT MAXIMIZATION (A Case Study Of Anambra Motor Manufacturing Company Enugu)» ABSTRACT The objective of this research work contains working capital management as a tool for minimization and profit maximization with particular re...Continue Reading »
87 pages | 337 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION There has been a lot of observations and comments on the effect of computer as it relates to the accounting profession in Nig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 212 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. THE EFFECT OF COST ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES ON PERFORMANCE OF SME’s A SURVEY OF SELECTED SMALL AND MEDIUM FIRMS IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» ABSTRACT Small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) are very important to the development of the economy. This is because their roles promote the econo...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 127 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE IMPORTANT OF WASTE MANAGEMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION, A CASE STUDY OF IGBARA-ODO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EKITI STATE» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate the importance of aste management to environmental sanitation on Igbara Local government area of Ek...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 67 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. CRITICAL STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF JOB STRESS ON WORKERS PERFORMANCE IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND STUDY The workplace of the 21st century is a fast paced, dynamic, highly stimulating environment which brings ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 286 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING