Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
For effective Local Community Development in Nigeria, various Successive governments have embarked on several programme such as:
1. Agricultural Development Project
2. Poverty Alleviation Societies
3. Co-operative Societies
4. Credit Scheme and Micro Finance
In Nigeria today Community development has been given some serious attention for the first time only during the third National Development Plan (1975-1930) it was the beginning of the general Babangida’s administration that the federal government began to really translate what has been on paper in positive dynamic action.
The co-operative Society was seen as a Panaca (Solution) for local Communities transformation, Federal government has intensified their comparing for the formation of co-operative societies, especially the Agricultural Co-operative societies, this is due to the recognition of the fact that efficient Co-operative societies can arise the productivity total output, and incomes of producers mainly due to the education, nationalization and competition effects.
According to Idere (1998), Co-operative Societies generally have been recognized as veritable instrument for social – economic development and local communities changes. Also co-operative societies have been found as the most appropriate avenue for local government mobilization organization modern co-operative movement had it origin in Britain in 1844. It was the product of harsh, aggressive Cut threat common man and his basis Consumer items stood along chain of profiteering middle man, Landlord and money lenders. This co-operative society movement began to spread to other, parts of Europe and eventually other parts of the word including Nigeria.
In the Year 1933, the co-operative ordinance was enabled by the Colonial masters, thus co-operative was seen as an investment for social economic transformation especially, for local communities.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
The local Communities suffer more from scourge of poverty than the urban dwellers because they constitute the group that is mostly affected.
Survey studies indicate that local communities are provided with lower proportion of infrastructure than their Urban Counterparts that most Nigerians living in local Communities are still without basic infrastructure necessary of a decent level of well being life.
These Local communities experience much hardship resulting from their inability to solve certain basic needs of life. Thus, the need for co-operative societies as a solution of rural transformation was very urgent.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1. Determine the role of co-operative societies in local community development
2. To identify the problems of Local communities and to draw implications of communities development using co-operative societies as universal remedies.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. What are the problems of Local Communities
2. Is there any significant relationship between co-operative societies to local government communities development.
3. What are the implications of local communities using co-operative societies?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This research work will be of great significant to the following persons
1. The villagers will be sensitized to the role of co-operative societies to local community development
2. It will help other research to know to write research on related issues
3. The government will as a result of this study promote the activities of co-operative society in the nation.
4. This result of this will serve as literature to further studies.
1.6. LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
In Carry out the research work my limitations were as follow:
1. Time Constrain
1.7 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Course of carry out this research work the scope of this study covered Sapele
Local government and other Local Communities in Nigeria.
1.8 OPERATIONAL DEFINITION OF TERMS
i Impact: To have important or noticeable effect on someone or
ii Co-operative: A Co-operative as a Voluntary association or organization of person with common interest formal and operate along democratic rules of the purpose of supplying goods and services at affordable cost to member who contribute capital in order to improve the living stand and of members (Olajide 1992)
iii Community: A community is a place where most of the continent has less than 5 people per square mile.
iv Area: Area can be describes as a place where most of the continent has less 5 people per square mile.
iv Government: Government is an academic fell of study involve the study of political institute in the state value ideas and doctrines.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY One of the common tools for macro economic development in developing countries is tax incentives....Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research study examines the Effect of Information Technology on the Efficiency of Tax Administration in Nigeria, a case Study of Enugu S...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Taxation is the system of raising money in form of taxes paid by the citizens of the country in r...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Approval Page iv Dedication v Acknowledgement vi Table of contents vii Abstract ix CHA...Continue Reading »
5. SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL SYSTEM OF MODERN BUSINESS AND THEIR EFFECTS ON THE JOB OF THE SECRETARY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The The modern business organization is a highly complex affair and thus the function of the secr...Continue Reading »
6. INVENTORY MANAGEMENT: A STRATEGY FOR EFFECTIVE PRODUCTION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY PLC)» ABSTRACT This project is a case study of the inventory management system function as it is practiced in the Nigeria Bottling company Plc. The manageme...Continue Reading »
» Chapter One Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Despite the ever growing importance of science in my daily lives, recent research shows a continu...Continue Reading »
8. THE CONTRIBUTION OF MICRO FINANCE BANKS TO THE SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF CRUTECH MICRO FINANCE BANK, CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Effectively functioning financial markets like micro finance banks have fundamental roles to play...Continue Reading »
9. AUDITING AS A TOOL FOR ENSURING ACCOUNTABILITY (A CASE STUDY OF EFFIMA PETROLEUM NIGERIAN LIMITED, EKET AND E. OKON VENTURE, IKOT EKPENE)» ABSTRACT This study sought to assess Auditing as a Tool for Ensuring Accountability in Effima Petroleum Nigeria Limited, Eket and E. Okon Ventures, Ik...Continue Reading »
10. INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEMS AND CORPORATE SURVIVAL IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED BANKS» ABSTRACT This research thesis investigates the problem of corporate failures as a result of weak internal controls system, which brings about distress...Continue Reading »