Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 75 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This work highlights the nature of the English irregular verbs by identifying what makes them irregular in nature, how this affects or causes problems to second language learners in Nigeria and proffering solutions on how to alleviate the problems. Both library and field researches are used to get the facts needed for the analysis. Descriptive design requiring respondents to supply answers to objective and subjective tests is used. A total of two hundred undergraduates from Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka and Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe serve as respondents. The students are randomly selected from the institutions mentioned above. Six research questions guided the research which aimed at discovering the extent to which the English irregular verbs cause problems to second language learners. Fifty questions were administered to the respondents to test the research questions. In analyzing the result the researcher observed that majority of the undergraduate students do not have the required knowledge of the use of English irregular verbs. Based on the findings, some recommendations which aimed at improving the learning of English in an ESL situation were made.
Language is a complex and a dynamic human possession. Its role as a veritable instrument of social cohesion has been recognized through ages and in all cultures. The possession of this concrete medium of communication among human beings distinguishes man from other animals. Many languages exist in the world. These languages are either spoken or written or both. Language is a treasure, a mark of identity, a human trait manifesting strengths and weaknesses of thought. It is therefore a social phenomenon capable of bringing people from different locale together. This unifying force is exemplified by the English Language in Nigeria.
It was introduced in Nigeria by the early Europeans for business transactions and subsequent colonization. Through the agency of the church, some Nigerians learned the language, which qualified them for positions as clerks, interpreters and messengers to the whites. They constituted what one may call the first elite class whose existence spurred other people to compete for learning and speaking the English Language.
The acceptance of the English Language in Nigeria as a medium of instruction makes it a second language and its importance in the Nigerian situation is overwhelming, and according to Baldeh, (1) "it is the most important legacy of the British colonial masters in Nigeria", as our political, social, economic and cultural engagements are suffused with English.
1.1 Background to the Study
English is a second language in Nigeria. A second language is a language which is not indigenous to a country but is used in official settings. Scholars aver that learning English or any other language as a second or foreign language implies several difficulties. Not only would the L2 learner master the sounds of the target language (the phonemes) and understand the arrangement of words to make meaningful utterances (syntax), he should also strive to master the vocabulary of the target language and its orthography (the way words are written). Although some languages most nearly are written in the same way as they are pronounced, English has minimal written and spoken relationship.
Learners of English in Nigeria encounter two major problems: the problem of language interference where L1 of the
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN APPRAISAL OF ACCOUNTING SYSTEM IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE ENUGU STATE)» TABLE OF CONTENTS Cover page:...................................................................... Title page:…………………………………...Continue Reading »
2. Roles Of Tax Authority In The Prevention And Detection Of Tax Fraud In Nigeria Case Study Of Oyo State Board Of Internal Revenue Service And Selected ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0. BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Taxation is not a new word in Nigeria or the world as a whole. In Nigeria, taxation has been in ...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA LIMITED ABDULLAHI FODIO ROAD BRANCH,SOKOTO) ABSTRACT This research work highlights the result of a research car...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Slangy expressions and catchy phrases are deliberately used in hip hop songs in order to reduce the degree of vulgarity in the content of the...Continue Reading »
5. THE ROLE OF RATIO ANALYSIS IN BUSINESS DECISIONS A CASE STUDY OF O. JACO BROS. ENT. (NIG.) LTD., ABA, ABIA STATE» ABSTRACT Accounting information provided by means of financial statements The income statement and the Balance Sheet are often in summarized form. Vie...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This paper “exchange rate fluctuation and export performances in Nigeria” aim to determine the effect of foreign exchange dynamis...Continue Reading »
7. AUTOMATED FORENSIC AUDITING AND FRAUD CONTROL IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION, PORTHARCOURT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Mobile wise geek (2011) defined fraud as a deliberate misrepresentation that causes a form of monetary losses. All of the...Continue Reading »
8. THE USE MANAGEMENT AUDIT AS A TOOL FOR ACHIEVING ORGANIZATIONAL OBJECTIVE (A STUDY OF EBONYI STATE TRANSPORT CORPORATION (EBOTRANS), ABAKALIKI)» ABSTRACT Management audit is an audit that evaluates the efficiency of management at all levels throughout an organization with a view to recommend im...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A business combination takes place when two or more business organization come together to fo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study To the insurance industry, cash flows can be generated through underwriting activities, financing...Continue Reading »