Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This paper examines the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on the Nigerian manufacturing sector during a twenty five (25) years period (1986 – 2010). The argument is that fluctuation in exchange rate adversely affects output of manufacturing sector. This is because Nigerian manufacturing is highly dependent on import of input and capital goods. The methodology adopted for this study is empirical. The econometric tool of regression was used for the analysis. The population target of this study is the total number of 25 years from (1986 – 2010) (25) annual time series as data relating to other years after 2010 are not available. The used in this study is the secondary source of data. The data to be utilized in this study we be sourced through library research, publications of the Central Bank of Nigerian (CBN) i.e. statistic bulletin, National Bureau of Statistic(NBS), on line information and economic journals. Based on the findings, the researcher found out that exchange rate has no significant effect on economic growth of Nigeria also that there is no significant effect of fluctuation on exchange rate on the manufacturing sector. Some recommendations for policy were made based on the findings. Amongst others is the need to strengthen the link between agriculture and manufacturing‟s sector through local sourcing of raw materials thereby reducing reliance of the sector on import of input to a reasonable level.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Following the fluctuation of the naira in 1986, a policy induced by the structural adjustment programme (SAP), the subject of exchange rate fluctuation has become a topical issue in Nigeria. This is because it is the goal of every economy to have a stable rate of exchange with its trading partners. In Nigeria, this goal was not reached in spite of the fact that the country embarked on devaluation to promote export and stabilize the rate of exchange. The failure to realize this goal subjected the Nigerian manufacturing sector to the challenge of a constantly fluctuating exchange rate. This was not necessitated by the devaluation of the naira but the weak and narrow productive base of the sector and the rising import bills also strengthening it. In order to stem this development and ensure a stable exchange rate, the monetary authority put in place a number of exchange rate policies.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE EFFECT OF COMMUNICATION GAP IN THE ACHIEVEMENT OF ORGANISATIONAL GOAL (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY Onitsha)» ABSTRACT In writing an abstract, the researcher needs to write on how he or she intends carrying out a study. The topic of this project is The Effect ...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The civil service of any nation is the centerpiece of its administrative activities and performance and its outpu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Leasing is a contract existing between the lessee and the lessor in which the lessor offers equip...Continue Reading »
4. ART AND POLITICS IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE BEATIFICATION OF AREA BOY AND OLA ROTIMI’S OUR HUSBAND HAS GONE MAD AGAIN» ABSTRACT This study has been able to show how Wole Soyinka and Ola Rotimi have treated politics artistically in their various texts. This study aims a...Continue Reading »
5. THE USE OF SALES PROMOTION IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF DRUGS A CASE STUDY OF RHOKYN PHARMACY AND STORES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY An organization can be viewed as successful if it can achieve its planned objectives and set goal...Continue Reading »
6. BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AS TOOLS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU STATE HOUSING DEVELOPMENT CORPOR...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of a business depends on the control avail...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION: [A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMPANIES IN ANAMBRA STATE]» ABSTRACTThe choice of the topic “The Effect of Taxation on InvestmentDecision” comes from the fact that most management of businessentities are ye...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Many Nigerians have been greatly concerned with the problem of Nigeria economy especially the persistent depreciation of the naira exchange r...Continue Reading »
9. APPRAISING WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT PRACTICE OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISE IN AKWA IBOM STATE (A STUDY OF SELECTED FIRMS IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNM...» INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Working capital management amongst Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) appears to have been relatively negl...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Auditing is an independent examination of an expression of opinion on the financial statement of ...Continue Reading »