Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This paper examines the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on the Nigerian manufacturing sector during a twenty five (25) years period (1986 – 2010). The argument is that fluctuation in exchange rate adversely affects output of manufacturing sector. This is because Nigerian manufacturing is highly dependent on import of input and capital goods. The methodology adopted for this study is empirical. The econometric tool of regression was used for the analysis. The population target of this study is the total number of 25 years from (1986 – 2010) (25) annual time series as data relating to other years after 2010 are not available. The used in this study is the secondary source of data. The data to be utilized in this study we be sourced through library research, publications of the Central Bank of Nigerian (CBN) i.e. statistic bulletin, National Bureau of Statistic(NBS), on line information and economic journals. Based on the findings, the researcher found out that exchange rate has no significant effect on economic growth of Nigeria also that there is no significant effect of fluctuation on exchange rate on the manufacturing sector. Some recommendations for policy were made based on the findings. Amongst others is the need to strengthen the link between agriculture and manufacturing‟s sector through local sourcing of raw materials thereby reducing reliance of the sector on import of input to a reasonable level.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Following the fluctuation of the naira in 1986, a policy induced by the structural adjustment programme (SAP), the subject of exchange rate fluctuation has become a topical issue in Nigeria. This is because it is the goal of every economy to have a stable rate of exchange with its trading partners. In Nigeria, this goal was not reached in spite of the fact that the country embarked on devaluation to promote export and stabilize the rate of exchange. The failure to realize this goal subjected the Nigerian manufacturing sector to the challenge of a constantly fluctuating exchange rate. This was not necessitated by the devaluation of the naira but the weak and narrow productive base of the sector and the rising import bills also strengthening it. In order to stem this development and ensure a stable exchange rate, the monetary authority put in place a number of exchange rate policies.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to empirically assess how institutional field and internal organizational process factors determine sustainabili...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study There is no doubt that credit management is central to the liquidity of firms; especially manufac...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Government organizations have played a greater part in the economic growth of any economy, especi...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND STUDY In the world of materials, Heat treatment is an aspect that cannot be over emphasized as it imparts desirable proper...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Globally the role of auditing is being appreciated for its avowed operations and activities. Ihe ...Continue Reading »
6. THE ROLE OF EXTERNAL AUDITORS ON FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY OF MANAGERS IN NIGERIA ORGANIZATIONS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. AKWA BRANCH...» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at finding and expressing the Roles of the External Auditors on financial accountability of managers in Nigeria organizat...Continue Reading »
7. THE IMPACT COSTING TECHNIQUES ON A PROFITABILITY OF A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE FLOUR MILLS PLC, CALABAR)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The primary goal of a business concern, its production of goods and services and sell them in a p...Continue Reading »
8. THE RELEVANCE OF AUDIT COMMITTEE FUNCTIONS ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN NIGERIA: USERS PERCEPTION» Abstract This project analyzes the relevance of audit committee functions on the quality of financial statement in Nigeria, the users’ perception. T...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION: Accountancy has been defined by GLAUTER and UNDERDOWN, in their book titled “Accounting theory and practice as “a rep...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In democratic society, we have many freedoms that we can exercise within certain limits. However, in enjoying our freedom...Continue Reading »