Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This paper examines the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on the Nigerian manufacturing sector during a twenty five (25) years period (1986 – 2010). The argument is that fluctuation in exchange rate adversely affects output of manufacturing sector. This is because Nigerian manufacturing is highly dependent on import of input and capital goods. The methodology adopted for this study is empirical. The econometric tool of regression was used for the analysis. The population target of this study is the total number of 25 years from (1986 – 2010) (25) annual time series as data relating to other years after 2010 are not available. The used in this study is the secondary source of data. The data to be utilized in this study we be sourced through library research, publications of the Central Bank of Nigerian (CBN) i.e. statistic bulletin, National Bureau of Statistic(NBS), on line information and economic journals. Based on the findings, the researcher found out that exchange rate has no significant effect on economic growth of Nigeria also that there is no significant effect of fluctuation on exchange rate on the manufacturing sector. Some recommendations for policy were made based on the findings. Amongst others is the need to strengthen the link between agriculture and manufacturing‟s sector through local sourcing of raw materials thereby reducing reliance of the sector on import of input to a reasonable level.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Following the fluctuation of the naira in 1986, a policy induced by the structural adjustment programme (SAP), the subject of exchange rate fluctuation has become a topical issue in Nigeria. This is because it is the goal of every economy to have a stable rate of exchange with its trading partners. In Nigeria, this goal was not reached in spite of the fact that the country embarked on devaluation to promote export and stabilize the rate of exchange. The failure to realize this goal subjected the Nigerian manufacturing sector to the challenge of a constantly fluctuating exchange rate. This was not necessitated by the devaluation of the naira but the weak and narrow productive base of the sector and the rising import bills also strengthening it. In order to stem this development and ensure a stable exchange rate, the monetary authority put in place a number of exchange rate policies.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ANALYSIS AND INTERPRETATION OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT AS A MANAGERIAL TOOL FOR DECISION MAKING (A Case Study Of Nwokeji Urban Planning And Architectural ...» Abstract Financial Statement Analysis and Interpretation is a very vital instrument of good management decision making in business enterprise. Good de...Continue Reading »
2. ANALYSIS OF BUSINESS OBJECTIVE AND THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENT THROUGH EFFECTIVE COST CONTROL (A Case Study Of Lake Concrete Industries Limited, Enugu State)» ABSTRACT This study is centered on the analysis of business objective and their accomplishment through effective cost control in lake concerted indust...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the strategies for improving accounting education in secondary schools. Four research questi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. It has a population of 140,033,542 million peo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The concern for high productivity in industrial organizations is universal, and is the desire of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER TWO REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE Confidence accounting is a new, interesting and radical approach to accounting. Confidence accounting is of u...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF JOB SATISFACTION AND SELF ESTEEM ON ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT OF CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE IN ANAMBRA S...» ABSTRACT The study investigated the relationship between job satisfaction and self esteem on organizational commitment of civil servant among officers...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction The important of land as the most basis requirement for all human activities cannot be over emphasized. In Nigeria before the...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The aim of this study is to examine the strategies for promoting entrepreneurship in Nigeria. Data were collected from both primary and secon...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focus on corruption and economic crimes in the public sector with a particular reference to ministry of finance, Lagos state. The ...Continue Reading »