Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This paper examines the effect of exchange rate fluctuations on the Nigerian manufacturing sector during a twenty five (25) years period (1986 – 2010). The argument is that fluctuation in exchange rate adversely affects output of manufacturing sector. This is because Nigerian manufacturing is highly dependent on import of input and capital goods. The methodology adopted for this study is empirical. The econometric tool of regression was used for the analysis. The population target of this study is the total number of 25 years from (1986 – 2010) (25) annual time series as data relating to other years after 2010 are not available. The used in this study is the secondary source of data. The data to be utilized in this study we be sourced through library research, publications of the Central Bank of Nigerian (CBN) i.e. statistic bulletin, National Bureau of Statistic(NBS), on line information and economic journals. Based on the findings, the researcher found out that exchange rate has no significant effect on economic growth of Nigeria also that there is no significant effect of fluctuation on exchange rate on the manufacturing sector. Some recommendations for policy were made based on the findings. Amongst others is the need to strengthen the link between agriculture and manufacturing‟s sector through local sourcing of raw materials thereby reducing reliance of the sector on import of input to a reasonable level.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Following the fluctuation of the naira in 1986, a policy induced by the structural adjustment programme (SAP), the subject of exchange rate fluctuation has become a topical issue in Nigeria. This is because it is the goal of every economy to have a stable rate of exchange with its trading partners. In Nigeria, this goal was not reached in spite of the fact that the country embarked on devaluation to promote export and stabilize the rate of exchange. The failure to realize this goal subjected the Nigerian manufacturing sector to the challenge of a constantly fluctuating exchange rate. This was not necessitated by the devaluation of the naira but the weak and narrow productive base of the sector and the rising import bills also strengthening it. In order to stem this development and ensure a stable exchange rate, the monetary authority put in place a number of exchange rate policies.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE BARGAIN FOR ACHIEVEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL GOALS (A CASE STUDY OF DELTA STATE STEEL COMPANY, OVWIAN ALADJA, WARRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Collective bargaining is regarded as the most important mechanism for reducing conflict. Here th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Career selection is one of many important choices students make in determining future plans. This...Continue Reading »
3. FACTORS AFFECTING THE PERFORMANCE OF BUSINESS EDUCATION STUDENTS IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL ( A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH ,ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT This research sets out to investigate the analysis of factors influencing the study of business studies in junior secondary school in Enugu n...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Historically, there is diversity of financial reporting in different countries due to culture, legal systems, tax systems and business struct...Continue Reading »
5. EVALUATION OF THE ACCOUNTING PROBLEMS OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF MICROFINANCE BANKS IN ABAKALIKI METROPOLIS, EBONYI STATE)» ABSTRACT This research is titled “Accounting Problems in Microfinance Banks A study of selected microfinance banks in Abakaliki metropolis of Eb...Continue Reading »
6. AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF THE VALUE OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION SYSTEM IN AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN RAILWAY, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Accounting project or information system has become an important component of successful business...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate governance has been of concern since the foundation of the joint stock company. Much of...Continue Reading »
8. DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT SECURITY PERFORMANCE AND CAPITAL MARKET EFFICIENCY, THE NIGERIA PERSPECTIVE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE PROBLEMThe availability of information is crucial to the successful pursuance of virtually every human en...Continue Reading »
9. THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE, GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET BENIN BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The capital market exists primarily to facilitate funds mobilization and allocation in an economy...Continue Reading »
10. BUDGETING AND BUDGETARY CONTROL AS TOOLS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY IN GOVERNMENT PARASTATALS (A Case Study Of Enugu State Housing Development Corporation)» ABSTRACT This research work was focused on investigation on the use of budgeting and budgetary control as tools for accountability in government paras...Continue Reading »