Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 175 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This research thesis investigates the problem of corporate failures as a result of
weak internal controls system, which brings about distressness, collapse and withdrawal
of licences of banks by regulatory authorities in Nigeria, thereby bringing untold hardship
to all stakeholders.
The researcher used a sample of seven banks, systematically selected from a
population of twenty-eight banks whose shares were traded on the floor of the Nigerian
Stock exchange as at 22nd August 2003. Questionnaires were administered on 420
respondents, 60 from each of the seven banks, made-up of 20 from the management
staff, 20 from audit staff and 20 from operation/banking staff. Out of this number, only 303
questionnaires were completed and returned. The primary data collected through the
administration of questionnaires was analyzed using simple percentages and chi-
square test (x2), while the secondary data collected from the annual report and accounts
of some of the sample banks was analyzed using spearman rank order correlation and t
Thus it was found that effectiveness or otherwise of internal control system can
make or mar corporate survival of banks in Nigeria.
The research work concluded that internal control system is the responsibility of
every body in an organization and as such every staff must be aware of his role in its
process and fully engaged in it.
Finally it recommends that banks managements must put in place a sound
approach to the selection of appropriate internal control practices and procedures,
governed by a process of risk analysis and continuously monitor the overall effectiveness
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Accounting is a noble profession. It is discipline profession. You must be disciplined from d...Continue Reading »
2. THE TEACHING OF INTEGRATED SCIENCE (ITS) IN THE PRIMARY SCHOOLS, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN IGABI LOCAL ...» ABSTRACT The research topic on: “The Teaching of Primary science (PR. SC) (also know as Integrated Science (ITS) in the junior secondary Schools...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF TAXATION ON INVESTMENT DECISION: [A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMPANIES IN ANAMBRA STATE]» ABSTRACTThe choice of the topic “The Effect of Taxation on InvestmentDecision” comes from the fact that most management of businessentities are ye...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research project was on factors responsible for poor academic performance of primary school pupils in accounting education (a case study...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPORTANCE OF ACCOUNTING RECORDS IN PROFIT MAKING ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF ESCO SUPERMARKET, WARRI, DELTA STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In turbulent time, an organisation has to be managed properly in order to withstand the changes i...Continue Reading »
6. AN EVALUATION OF THE IMPACT OF CAPITAL BUDGETING ON ORGANISATIONAL PPERFORMANCE A CASE STUDY OF ONDO STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS» ABSTRACT The research profer an evaluation of the impact of capital Budgeting on organizational performance It analyses the nature of capital budgetin...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: Introduction 1.1 Background of the study Inventory is a primary part of many of today’s businesses. Essentially, stock is the storage of ...Continue Reading »
8. ENVIRONMENTAL COST MEASUREMENT AND ITS EFFECTS ON INVESTMENT RETURN IN UNITED CEMENT COMPANY, CALABAR» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Despite best efforts in Measuring Environmental Impact, industries continue to generate and disch...Continue Reading »
9. THE IMPACT OF COMPUTER-ASSISTED AUDIT IN FRAUD DETECTION IN AN ORGANIZATION A STUDY OF ANCHOR INSURANCE COMPANY, UYO» ABSTRACT The choice of this topic “The Impact of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques in Fraud Detection in an Organization” a study of Anch...Continue Reading »
10. INVESTORS RELIANCE ON FINANCIAL STATEMENT (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC, UROMI BRANCH EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY According to America Accounting Association, Accounting is the process of identifying, measuring, and communi...Continue Reading »