Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 33 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
There is no accurate account when accounting stared. However, available information showed that, managerial accounting came as a result of the cut throat competition being faced by managers of companies, firms, industries and organizations of this day.
However, the system of record keeping can be traced back to the early civilization, the method of keeping record by making marks on the store, papyrus and the papyrus paper as we kwon the paper was used, in Egypt to start the art of financial record keeping was primitive in 1994,
Luck paciol introduced the double entry booking system in terms of managerial accounting records that all entries must have a debtor and a creditor so that decision can be made in an organization.
Over a years civilization and technological development to recent day modern accounting methods were introduced hence the formation of the professional accountancy bodies for example;
1. Institution of chartered accountant of Scotland formed in 1854
2. Association of certificated public accountant in use was formed 1887 as new method Nigerian accounting record keeping establish the institute of the chartered accountants which regulate nation wide.
Managerial accounting information therefore becomes an effective aid other decision markers.
According to W.M Harper (1997) management accounting was integral part of cost accounting though evolve from cost accounting gas become a subject and discipline of its own.
1.2. Statement of the Problems
A good managerial accounting decision making is judged and appraised on the decision it has made, one of the most difficult task making therefore, accountant is expected to supply all the necessary information for decision making in an organization.
v Accounting Information is sometime provided by people who lack management skill.
v Some of the information provided the management accountant are not timely and accurate.
v Inability of the managers.
1.3. Objectives of the Study
This study is aimed at achieving the following.
v To establish the relationship between decision making and corporate performance.
v To find the extent to which the use of managerial accounting information relates to corporate decision making.
1.4. Research Questions
The following questions are considered important for the study.
1. Do all the users of management accounting in organization, firms employ management accounting techniques of data analysis?
2. Can accounting record improve your organization for decision making?
3. Does lack of expenses has any effect on managerial decision making?
4. The task or recording of value of assets and liabilities has any effect in decision making of your organization?
5. Do lack of managerial accounting techniques affect performance?
1.5. Significance of the Study
This study is very important because it will assist management in the following areas.
1. Reduce the risk involved in decision making.
2. It will give more information to the researcher and student studying the management accounting.
3. To help the organization know how the strength of their organization of financial status.
1.6 Scope and Delimitation of the Study
It is obvious that this study, the use of research for collection of information is necessary, the research was carried out in critical investigation under vita form Nigeria Plc, Sapele.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
In the case study of the research faced many challenges, but fear are mentioned, which are as follows financial strength, to enable the researchers visit some of the mention and not in sit and how together some materials like text journal magazine and faced to face interactive with people.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Management: These are combination of board of directors general managers, divisional manages and supervisors who control the affair of an organization.
Management Accounting: is a process by which managers discretely combine and co – ordinate human, financial, and material resources for the purpose of achieving organizational and objectives.
Information: This are processed data or facts.
Decision Making: This entails making choice or selection of two more alternatives.
Controlling: is the process of checking whether or not proper progress is being made towards the objectives and goals.
Cut – throat: This is to complete with one another in aggressive and unfair way usually among companies.
Organization Decision: These are decision made to affect the organization that controls the subordinates towards a particular issue.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Record keeping in business has been an old practice right from time. It helps businessmen and own...Continue Reading »
2. THE USEFULNESS OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN ASSUASIVE THE PERFORMANCE COMPANIES AND IN GUIDING INVESTMENT DECISIONS (A CASE STUDY OF SUNRISE FLOUR MILL L...» ABSTRACT The use of financial statement in any business organization cannot be over emphasized financial statements are needed by variety of people fo...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The recent phenomenon of distress banks and consequent liquidation of some of those banks have alteated closer attention from the government,...Continue Reading »
4. INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS A TOOL FOR EFFICIENCY IN THE MANAGEMENT OF SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE ENTERPRISES IN ILORIN» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The concept of internal control is said to trace its history back to the beginning of the 20th ce...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Over the years the budgeting system has been a traditional way of managing and controlling compan...Continue Reading »
6. THE USE OF COMPUTER IN RECORDING ACCOUNTING INFORMATION, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A STUDY OF BENDEL FEEDS AND FLOUR MILL, EWU, EDO STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In this present world, individual, business men, firms and government have seen the effects of co...Continue Reading »
7. DEBT RECOVERY TECHNIQUES IN THE BANKING SECTORS ISSUES, PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS (A CASE STUDY OF UNION BANK NIG PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Actually, for every successful business, there must be a debt in the sense that one person or customer must own the owner of ...Continue Reading »
8. THE IMPACT OF INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL REPORTING STANDARD (IFRS) ON THE QUALITY OF FINANCIAL STATEMENTS (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study sets out to examine whether the impact of International Financial Reporting Standards ...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECTIVENESS OF INVENTORY MANAGEMENT IN A MANUFACTURING COMPANY (A CASE STUDY OF AMA GREENFIEL...» ABSTRACT This study examines the essence of effective inventories control and management to manufacturing companies with particular emphasis on Ama Gr...Continue Reading »
10. INTERNAL AUDIT AND FRAUD CONTROL IN PUBLIC INSTITUTION (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO TEACHING HOSPITAL)» ABSTRACT This study examined Internal Audit and Fraud Control in Public Institutions in Nigeria (A Case Study of University of Uyo Teaching Hospital)....Continue Reading »