Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 33 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
There is no accurate account when accounting stared. However, available information showed that, managerial accounting came as a result of the cut throat competition being faced by managers of companies, firms, industries and organizations of this day.
However, the system of record keeping can be traced back to the early civilization, the method of keeping record by making marks on the store, papyrus and the papyrus paper as we kwon the paper was used, in Egypt to start the art of financial record keeping was primitive in 1994,
Luck paciol introduced the double entry booking system in terms of managerial accounting records that all entries must have a debtor and a creditor so that decision can be made in an organization.
Over a years civilization and technological development to recent day modern accounting methods were introduced hence the formation of the professional accountancy bodies for example;
1. Institution of chartered accountant of Scotland formed in 1854
2. Association of certificated public accountant in use was formed 1887 as new method Nigerian accounting record keeping establish the institute of the chartered accountants which regulate nation wide.
Managerial accounting information therefore becomes an effective aid other decision markers.
According to W.M Harper (1997) management accounting was integral part of cost accounting though evolve from cost accounting gas become a subject and discipline of its own.
1.2. Statement of the Problems
A good managerial accounting decision making is judged and appraised on the decision it has made, one of the most difficult task making therefore, accountant is expected to supply all the necessary information for decision making in an organization.
v Accounting Information is sometime provided by people who lack management skill.
v Some of the information provided the management accountant are not timely and accurate.
v Inability of the managers.
1.3. Objectives of the Study
This study is aimed at achieving the following.
v To establish the relationship between decision making and corporate performance.
v To find the extent to which the use of managerial accounting information relates to corporate decision making.
1.4. Research Questions
The following questions are considered important for the study.
1. Do all the users of management accounting in organization, firms employ management accounting techniques of data analysis?
2. Can accounting record improve your organization for decision making?
3. Does lack of expenses has any effect on managerial decision making?
4. The task or recording of value of assets and liabilities has any effect in decision making of your organization?
5. Do lack of managerial accounting techniques affect performance?
1.5. Significance of the Study
This study is very important because it will assist management in the following areas.
1. Reduce the risk involved in decision making.
2. It will give more information to the researcher and student studying the management accounting.
3. To help the organization know how the strength of their organization of financial status.
1.6 Scope and Delimitation of the Study
It is obvious that this study, the use of research for collection of information is necessary, the research was carried out in critical investigation under vita form Nigeria Plc, Sapele.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
In the case study of the research faced many challenges, but fear are mentioned, which are as follows financial strength, to enable the researchers visit some of the mention and not in sit and how together some materials like text journal magazine and faced to face interactive with people.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Management: These are combination of board of directors general managers, divisional manages and supervisors who control the affair of an organization.
Management Accounting: is a process by which managers discretely combine and co – ordinate human, financial, and material resources for the purpose of achieving organizational and objectives.
Information: This are processed data or facts.
Decision Making: This entails making choice or selection of two more alternatives.
Controlling: is the process of checking whether or not proper progress is being made towards the objectives and goals.
Cut – throat: This is to complete with one another in aggressive and unfair way usually among companies.
Organization Decision: These are decision made to affect the organization that controls the subordinates towards a particular issue.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research work on A Comparative Study of Expenditure Controls method in Government and private Hospitals is aimed at studying and analysi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Investors all over the world put their money into a business with a view to having some return on...Continue Reading »
3. ELECTRONIC BANKING AS AN AID TO COMMERCIAL BANK OPERATIONS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA)» Abstract This study examines critically Electronic Banking as an Aid to Commercial Bank Operations in Nigeria, using first bank as a case study. Elect...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was aimed at finding out the impact of public sector accounting in Nigeria financial control system using Esan south east local...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT vi One of the major macroeconomic variables that compliment bank performance is availability of capital. Economic theories show that inadequa...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION ON THE EXPERIENCES OF PROCUREMENT OFFICIALS ON THE NATURE AND EXTENT TO WHICH PROCUREMENT PROCESSES IN NIGERIA EMBRACES SUSTAINABILITY CONS...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Sustainable procurement could be described as an acquisition process whereby public and private organizations ...Continue Reading »
7. MULTINATIONAL CORPORATION AND TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BOTTLING COMPANY PLC NGWO ENUGU» ABSTRACT The total quality of management is a philosophy of management that is driven by the constant attainment of customer satisfaction through the ...Continue Reading »
8. THE EFFECT OF COST ACCOUNTING TECHNIQUES ON PERFORMANCE OF SMES (A SURVEY OF SELECTED SMALL AND MEDIUM FIRMS IN PORT HARCOURT USE CHI-SQUARE TO TEST ...» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The business environment has become intensively dynamic and increasingly unpredictable in recent de...Continue Reading »
9. THE USE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE CIVIL SERVICE (A CASE STUDY OF MINISTRY OF FINANCES, ASABA DELTA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The word control has been in use from time to time. Type of organization, one from of control or ...Continue Reading »
10. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AS A TOOLFOR FRAUD DETECTION AND PREVENTION IN NIGERIA ( A CASE STUDY OF SURULERE LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL,LAGOS STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of fraud, money laundering and other corrupt practices in business and government orga...Continue Reading »