Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 33 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the study
There is no accurate account when accounting stared. However, available information showed that, managerial accounting came as a result of the cut throat competition being faced by managers of companies, firms, industries and organizations of this day.
However, the system of record keeping can be traced back to the early civilization, the method of keeping record by making marks on the store, papyrus and the papyrus paper as we kwon the paper was used, in Egypt to start the art of financial record keeping was primitive in 1994,
Luck paciol introduced the double entry booking system in terms of managerial accounting records that all entries must have a debtor and a creditor so that decision can be made in an organization.
Over a years civilization and technological development to recent day modern accounting methods were introduced hence the formation of the professional accountancy bodies for example;
1. Institution of chartered accountant of Scotland formed in 1854
2. Association of certificated public accountant in use was formed 1887 as new method Nigerian accounting record keeping establish the institute of the chartered accountants which regulate nation wide.
Managerial accounting information therefore becomes an effective aid other decision markers.
According to W.M Harper (1997) management accounting was integral part of cost accounting though evolve from cost accounting gas become a subject and discipline of its own.
1.2. Statement of the Problems
A good managerial accounting decision making is judged and appraised on the decision it has made, one of the most difficult task making therefore, accountant is expected to supply all the necessary information for decision making in an organization.
v Accounting Information is sometime provided by people who lack management skill.
v Some of the information provided the management accountant are not timely and accurate.
v Inability of the managers.
1.3. Objectives of the Study
This study is aimed at achieving the following.
v To establish the relationship between decision making and corporate performance.
v To find the extent to which the use of managerial accounting information relates to corporate decision making.
1.4. Research Questions
The following questions are considered important for the study.
1. Do all the users of management accounting in organization, firms employ management accounting techniques of data analysis?
2. Can accounting record improve your organization for decision making?
3. Does lack of expenses has any effect on managerial decision making?
4. The task or recording of value of assets and liabilities has any effect in decision making of your organization?
5. Do lack of managerial accounting techniques affect performance?
1.5. Significance of the Study
This study is very important because it will assist management in the following areas.
1. Reduce the risk involved in decision making.
2. It will give more information to the researcher and student studying the management accounting.
3. To help the organization know how the strength of their organization of financial status.
1.6 Scope and Delimitation of the Study
It is obvious that this study, the use of research for collection of information is necessary, the research was carried out in critical investigation under vita form Nigeria Plc, Sapele.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
In the case study of the research faced many challenges, but fear are mentioned, which are as follows financial strength, to enable the researchers visit some of the mention and not in sit and how together some materials like text journal magazine and faced to face interactive with people.
1.8 Definition of Terms
Management: These are combination of board of directors general managers, divisional manages and supervisors who control the affair of an organization.
Management Accounting: is a process by which managers discretely combine and co – ordinate human, financial, and material resources for the purpose of achieving organizational and objectives.
Information: This are processed data or facts.
Decision Making: This entails making choice or selection of two more alternatives.
Controlling: is the process of checking whether or not proper progress is being made towards the objectives and goals.
Cut – throat: This is to complete with one another in aggressive and unfair way usually among companies.
Organization Decision: These are decision made to affect the organization that controls the subordinates towards a particular issue.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. INVESTIGATION INTO THE CAUSES OF TAX EVASION IN LAGOS STATE (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SMES IN IKEJA LGA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The concept of taxation has been a concern of global significance as it affects every economy irr...Continue Reading »
2. FORENSIC ACCOUNTING AS A TOOL FOR FRAUD DETECTION AND PREVENTION ( A CASE STUDY OF ETI OSA LOCAL GOVT:» ABSTRACT This study was intended to evaluate the extent to which forensic accounting can be used as a tool in fraud detection. This study was guided b...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study It is now obvious that the physical, chemical with the biological integrity of our planet is bein...Continue Reading »
4. CONTRIBUTION OF BUSINESS SUPPORT SYSTEM TO ENTREPRENEURIAL DEVELOPMENT (A CASE STUDY OF INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT CENTRE, ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The goal or desire of any nation is to achieve its economic growth and development. For the Niger...Continue Reading »
5. THE IMPACT OF THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT OF NIGERIA (ICAN) ON STANDARDS ATTAINED BY NIGERIA ACCOUNTANT (A STUDY OF ICAN ENUGU BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION It has been thirty nine years since the first group of professionally qualified accountants came into existence in Nigeria un...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study has been carried out critically analysis and the impact of effective public sector accounting on public fund management in Nigeria...Continue Reading »
7. THE NEED FOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT IN MINISTRIES A CASE STUDY OF KOGI STATE MINISTRIES OF FINANCE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting is needed as a language of business be it international or locally, and it is present both with the public sector ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (Investors reliance on financial statements) is an extract from literature review of the project material. The complete proj...Continue Reading »
10. ASSESSMENT OF ALMAJIRI SYSTEM OF EDUCATION; IT’S IMPLICATION FOR CHILD, FAMILY AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN ZARIA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STA...» ABSTRACT This study was undertaken to findout the implications of Almajiri system of education in Zaria local government of Kaduna state four research...Continue Reading »