Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Decision making can be viewed as the very fabric of which organized activities are made.
This partly depends on the amount of information supplied to management.
This study is aimed at finding out information supplied by the accountant, through financial accounting and this brought about the need to put across the potentialities of the use of financial accounting information in the management of business through a research.
The study also revealed the information derived from financial accounting statement, the extent of which these financial accounting information can be used in managerial decision by the business organization.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The accounting profession essentially involves the supplying of information to decision makes hence it is no surprise that accounting has always been involved in many information related problem. The need for this involvement is understood by the avowed aim of accounting which according to the America accounting association committee is to prepare a statement of basis accounting theory (ASOBAT 1961)
The attainment of this objective requires both the identification as well as the disclosure of an adequate amount of information considered relevant to the users.
Financial accounting covers those activities related to the preparation of certain reports which are known as financial statement. These statement report the financial status of the firm at a particular times, the firms activities, resulting profit and the flow of resources occurring within the firm during the same period.
Financial accounting information therefore it the information derived from the financial accounting books, journals and report. The essence of this information is for the management and other users to makes decision and the accuracy of this decision making depends on the effectiveness and efficient application of the financial information, the design of management information system (M.I.S).
Decision making, itself can be described as science of choosing among possible management action. In other words, the art / science of decision making or a combination of these enable management of a business to choose from among a range of already anal used and evaluated alternative.
Two major classes of decision makes can identified in respect of the use of financial accounting information.
They are the external and internal users external users include creditors, shareholder government agencies, respondents and trade union etc. while management on the other hand represent the internal user.
Whether a business is a corporation partners or solo proprietorship, financial accounting as information system has an effect on its management
The impact of financial accounting information on the management of any business cannot be over looked, though the extent of such an impart may not be the same for every business. This study being about the effect of financial accounting information on managerial decision will seek to inquire into monetary, and financial information arranged in a professional accounting manner will influence managerial decision.
1.2 Statement of problem
Manager of certain business especially the small scale type, manage their business blindly.
They do not have proper and sound accounting system to enable them monitor the operating system revenue and expenses. Recent development in parastatals. Firms have tended to ignore this ignorance of financial accounting information, many firm and parastatals have collapsed.
It to against this background that the researcher seek to show that financial accounting information cannot be divorced from managerial decision making.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to know whether the usefulness in the application and use of financial accounting, the examination of the use of financial accounting as an information system to the management of companies also to know whether company’s performance is related to efficient and effective use of financial accounting information.
H0: financial accounting does not aid managerial decision making
H1: financial accounting aids managerial decision making
1.5SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be useful in the application and use of financial accounting, the examination of the use of financial accounting as an information system, to the management of companies, government parastatals as a yardstick evaluating performance and knowing whether they really take note of financial accounting information.
To management of company under study as a standard for internal evaluation and control of actual performance, also to provide insight on how business organization rely on financial accounting information for decision making.
1.6THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Research work done on accounting information generally will be very voluminous as this will mean researching into all aspect or branches of accounting which includes, cost accounting management accounting, financial accounting.
Due to financial constraint, the research were unable to visit all intended research centers and libraries for the purpose of this work. Also the time allowed for the purpose/ study was ratio too short coupled with the fast approach examination and all other academic loads there is also inadequate material and information gotten on the subject matter (financial accounting information as an aid to managerial decision making)
I shall not forget to comment on the attitude of the librarians which did not help matter either because of the strict rules of the authority concerned. To this effect, the research were not allowed freehand to conduct the research work effectively and to their free will.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE INFLUENCE OF FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING REPORTING ON THE MANAGEMENT OF A BUSINESS ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF CHAMPION BREWERIES PLC, UYO)» ABSTRACT This study sought to assess the influence of financial accounting reporting on the management of a business organization. Specifically, the ,...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 114 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. CHALLENGES OF INTERNAL AUDIT FUNCTION IN THE NIGERIAN PUBLIC SECTOR (A Case Study Of Kaduna State Ministry Of Finance)» ABSTRACT This research work deals with the challenges of internal audit function in the Nigerian public sector with reference to Kaduna state ministry...Continue Reading »
79 pages | 165 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
3. INFLUENCE OF JOB SATISFACTION AND SELF ESTEEM ON ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT OF CIVIL SERVANTS (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE IN ANAMBRA S...» ABSTRACT The study investigated the relationship between job satisfaction and self esteem on organizational commitment of civil servant among officers...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 39 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major con...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 375 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. THE ROLE OF ACCOUNTING IN THE CONTROL OF PUBLIC EXPENDITURES IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA ENUGU STATE).» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In most developing countries including Nigerian government participation in economic activity is ...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 35 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. EXTENT OF THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF HOME HOME ECONOMICS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term Home economics means home training or skill training. It takes one on welfare of himself...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 213 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Fraud means an act of dishonesty, deceit and imposture. According to Kirk Patrick , a person who pretends to the something he is not is...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 190 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study In most developing countries including Nigeria, government participation in economic activity is ...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 443 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACTS The quality assessment of borehole and well waters from ten locations in Enugu urban area were studied and compared with World Health Organi...Continue Reading »
118 pages | 56 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
10. THE IMPACT OF ACCOUNTING INFORMATION ON THE GROWTH OF SMALL AND MEDIUM BUSINESS (A STUDY OF SUPER PHONE NIGERIA LIMITED, UYO)» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to examine the impact of accounting information on the growth of small and medium business using Super Phone Nig. L...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING