Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Decision making can be viewed as the very fabric of which organized activities are made.
This partly depends on the amount of information supplied to management.
This study is aimed at finding out information supplied by the accountant, through financial accounting and this brought about the need to put across the potentialities of the use of financial accounting information in the management of business through a research.
The study also revealed the information derived from financial accounting statement, the extent of which these financial accounting information can be used in managerial decision by the business organization.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The accounting profession essentially involves the supplying of information to decision makes hence it is no surprise that accounting has always been involved in many information related problem. The need for this involvement is understood by the avowed aim of accounting which according to the America accounting association committee is to prepare a statement of basis accounting theory (ASOBAT 1961)
The attainment of this objective requires both the identification as well as the disclosure of an adequate amount of information considered relevant to the users.
Financial accounting covers those activities related to the preparation of certain reports which are known as financial statement. These statement report the financial status of the firm at a particular times, the firms activities, resulting profit and the flow of resources occurring within the firm during the same period.
Financial accounting information therefore it the information derived from the financial accounting books, journals and report. The essence of this information is for the management and other users to makes decision and the accuracy of this decision making depends on the effectiveness and efficient application of the financial information, the design of management information system (M.I.S).
Decision making, itself can be described as science of choosing among possible management action. In other words, the art / science of decision making or a combination of these enable management of a business to choose from among a range of already anal used and evaluated alternative.
Two major classes of decision makes can identified in respect of the use of financial accounting information.
They are the external and internal users external users include creditors, shareholder government agencies, respondents and trade union etc. while management on the other hand represent the internal user.
Whether a business is a corporation partners or solo proprietorship, financial accounting as information system has an effect on its management
The impact of financial accounting information on the management of any business cannot be over looked, though the extent of such an impart may not be the same for every business. This study being about the effect of financial accounting information on managerial decision will seek to inquire into monetary, and financial information arranged in a professional accounting manner will influence managerial decision.
1.2 Statement of problem
Manager of certain business especially the small scale type, manage their business blindly.
They do not have proper and sound accounting system to enable them monitor the operating system revenue and expenses. Recent development in parastatals. Firms have tended to ignore this ignorance of financial accounting information, many firm and parastatals have collapsed.
It to against this background that the researcher seek to show that financial accounting information cannot be divorced from managerial decision making.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of the study is to know whether the usefulness in the application and use of financial accounting, the examination of the use of financial accounting as an information system to the management of companies also to know whether company’s performance is related to efficient and effective use of financial accounting information.
H0: financial accounting does not aid managerial decision making
H1: financial accounting aids managerial decision making
1.5SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be useful in the application and use of financial accounting, the examination of the use of financial accounting as an information system, to the management of companies, government parastatals as a yardstick evaluating performance and knowing whether they really take note of financial accounting information.
To management of company under study as a standard for internal evaluation and control of actual performance, also to provide insight on how business organization rely on financial accounting information for decision making.
1.6THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
Research work done on accounting information generally will be very voluminous as this will mean researching into all aspect or branches of accounting which includes, cost accounting management accounting, financial accounting.
Due to financial constraint, the research were unable to visit all intended research centers and libraries for the purpose of this work. Also the time allowed for the purpose/ study was ratio too short coupled with the fast approach examination and all other academic loads there is also inadequate material and information gotten on the subject matter (financial accounting information as an aid to managerial decision making)
I shall not forget to comment on the attitude of the librarians which did not help matter either because of the strict rules of the authority concerned. To this effect, the research were not allowed freehand to conduct the research work effectively and to their free will.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PUBLIC POLICY IMPLEMENTATION IN NIGERIA AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (A STUDY OF THE NATIONAL POLICY ON POPULATION 1999-2007)» ABSTRACT A study of Public Policy under Olusegun Obasanjo Administration, A study of National policy on population for sustainable south Eastern Niger...Continue Reading »
» Abstract In the face of capital deficiency in financing long term development, the capital deficient economies have heavily resorted to foreign capita...Continue Reading »
3. THE NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE, GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET BENIN BRANCH)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The capital market exists primarily to facilitate funds mobilization and allocation in an economy...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF AN ACCOUNTANT IN THE POVERTY ALLEVIATION PROGRAMME OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (A CASE STUDY OF ENUGU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The need to develop micro economic activities that could enhance self reliance as a strategy for educing poverty became p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study All forms ofbusiness organisation whether large or small need money to startand to meet their dai...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION/BACKGROUND No one question has received attention by businesses, government, politicians and people in general in the pas...Continue Reading »
7. THE INCIDENCE OF BRAND LOYALTY AMONG CONSUMERS’ OF CEREAL FOODS (A CASE STUDY OF PHINOMAR FOODS ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE 9 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Human behaviour is enormously varied and very complex and is predicted on attitude, learning and ha...Continue Reading »
8. COST VOLUME PROFIT ANALYSIS FOR PROFIT PLANNING IN MANUFACTURING FIRMS (A Case Study Of Obika Industry Nigeria Limited Nkpologwu Anambra State)» ABSTRACT This is set out to determine the application of cost volume profit analysis in business decision making the constraints experienced as well a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT External auditors have been identified by researchers to have an immeasurable role in enhancing the earnings quality of companies. However an...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The issue of fraud, money laundering and other corrupt practices in business and government organ...Continue Reading »